Forums > Help! > should i move house?

Login/Join to Participate

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
i know that there are ghost threads, but im not asking whether or not they're real......im just after some advice
Basically i've always believed in ghosts and my old house was haunted in an unpleasant way...so after 17 years i moved out coz i was getting to frightened of what would happen, to even sleep at night.
now......i was in my favourite pub last night and it turns out there are three empty rooms upstairs and my best friend used to live there. The pair of us are gonna move in until we go to oz - so about 6 weeks - coz its gonna be a huge laugh and cheap and ive always wanted to live there...
until......i found out that the pub was haunted by at least 8 different ghosts. 3 monks, a woman and her baby, a young lad (20ish) a small girl and an old lady. also theres a man who sits by the fire in the bar. apparently these are all happy spirits who are 'comforting' and i shouldnt worry about them,
but i am......and im told theres a bad bad spirit in the beer cellar as well, but he stays down there. am i a fool to move in?
having said that ive been drinking there for 7 years and never had any trouble. eek

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i believe in some form of spirits myself - had many strange encounters.......... but they cant hurt you and just as you cant hurt them.

The only harm that will come to you is thinking that they can cause you harm, rendering yourself paranoid and afraid of what "might" happen.........

Dont live your life scared.......... sounds to me as if your afraid of what you "afraid" of........ if that makes sense smile

Move in and say hello!

After all youve been drinking there 7 years so they probably already know you wink

Good luck!

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ChickpeaSILVER Member
305 posts

Posted:
you're probably right - i get more worried by the things that can or do happen (things being moved, thrown, strange noises) and then get stressed rather than just living with it and accepting it as harmless.
i reckon if i can stay chilled out it will hopefully be fine.
im supposed to be moving in tonight..... so watch this space.
B x

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
No way don't do it! They'll haunt you forever just like on Poltergeist and even when you move somewhere else they'll still find you, even if it's on the other side of the world!! eek

OMG There's one BEHIND YOU NOW!!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ChickpeaSILVER Member
305 posts

Posted:
so not the most fun night of my life...

as we were moving our stuff into the flat i was really apprehensive i felt like there was someone watching us from the top landing...never mind, moved in, cooked and everything...kicked boyfriend out and went to bed.all fine.

i woke up at 2am and couldnt get to sleep, by 3.45 i'd turned the tv on and was hearing some strange noises coming from downstairs - nothing spooky it was the other flatmate.

then i heard someone giggling...thought i was crazy then i heard the giggling of a young girl coming from the corner of my room another 3 times. followed by a grunty noise which definately wasnt the other flatmate.

there was nobody in the flat that could have made that kind of giggle - nor the tv, so i told emma who said she was desperate to get out - she'd felt sick and unwelcome since we'd started moving stuff in but hadnt told me coz i was all excited...bless. so we packed a couple of bits and ran away to my boyfriends....at stupid o clock this morning.

moral of the story - when it comes to things spooky trust your gut instinct.