ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i was thinking that itd be a nice present to all of hop for those with video cameras to edit together a short spinny video to release on xmas eve so that everyone can wake up with a nice collection of videos to view come xmas morning ...... so whos up for it? strugz et al care to host them all in the same place?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
You did it again, Ben!! tongue

Yet another thread, started By Ben-Ja-Men, not to include a video! ubblol

But, yeah. It's a great idea. A load of people from CJ.org are doing the same thing. I should be making a video with Colin J, I can submit it here as well? It'll be more CJ that spinning, but it'll still be cool! biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
that sounds great. i'd love to help but i don't have a camera and my spinning sucks. i could possibly help edit though seeing that i still have the software to do so.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I have no camera but that's a great idea dude!

smile

Throws underwear and encouragement! biggrin

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
It doesn't have to be about the spinning!

It's all about having fun. Be creative, see what Mischief you can get up to, see how you can make people laugh... You don't have to be able to spin well... But it would be nice to incorporate it...
Hang on... I'll find out what was said on CJ.org...

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ryan Mellors

Its that time of year again!

Here's the plan... December 25... christmas morning, what does every contact juggler dream of?

That's right! A batch of new videos from your friends at contactjuggling.org!

Remy and I are working on a special 'video christmas card' for .org, and plan to release it to the community on christmas morning, just in time to be opened with all your other gifts.

But why should the fun stop there? Why should we be the only self-sacrificing 'santa-claus' figures? We want our presents too!

Imagine stumbling to the computer, bleary eyed, on christmas morning, to find a half-hour's worth of new video lovin', from the .org community...THAT would be a true christmas miracle....not to mention the best pile of gifts ever to come down your chimney...er...DSL line.

So how about a special category on the forum... a 'christmas tree' section where we can all contribute and exchange links to our new 'present'-ations.
sorry about that.
That wasn't cool.
(and for the record, that was RYAN's pun, not remy's.)

We're not out to show off big tricks here. You don't have to be a great juggler to make a great short video. Get into the holiday spirit, tell us about your big chistmas wishes, play around with those shiny chistmas ornaments. Decorate the house in true contact juggler fashion. Lock away your acrylics for a day and pack together some snowballs. Confuse the local shoppers at the mall and upstage Santa. Take a ball with you to the ice-rink. Spread the .org cheer.

This isn't for a low-res webcam video of your latest butterfly variations. No-one likes getting socks for christmas

Make it special...
Show everyone your creative side.

Who wants in? Lets start a 'sign-up' thread. If you have the capabilities to record and edit digitally, and want play a part in making this holiday special, put your name down and give us something to look forward to. Your participation may inspire others to join in.

3 weeks to go....
Happy Holidays!
Ryan and Remy.

Quote taken from Last years CJ.org Christmas tree. biggrin Let's get a HoP one going too.

Be Water My Friend.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
sounds good! I just got a camera for christmas! biggrin So I'm in!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i'm making a vid anyway so i should be able to get it out for xmas

i'll hae to put some better spinning in it tho

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
mcp how did u get a camera for christmas? But its not christmas yet!! I Shall be posting my first video on then.

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
sounds good ive got a load of footage from the s¨mmer i havnt done much with yet so ill see what can be done

"Don't do it naked!"

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
That won't amke a very festive video, Sandy!!

Be Water My Friend.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I'm in. It just needs to be inside as the only cam i got now is a webcam and it's ass-cold outside. wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I dont get my video camera till Christmas day... I guess mine will have to be a little late smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
maybe ill put some snow over it in after effects or something, that will make it more festive biggrin

"Don't do it naked!"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I've just found the perfect tune for accompa, accompani, to go with it smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
For those of us who are getting items *for* xmas (such as new vid cam or new spinny toys), I suggest the XmasVid Sequel - New Years Hangover Watcherooo!

I may get some fire or beamers for xmas... if I do, I'll go in on a New Years posting... My first fire spin?? ooh, fun smile (tho, beamers were higher than fire heads in my wish list).

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by:

You did it again, Ben!!

Yet another thread, started By Ben-Ja-Men, not to include a video!

But, yeah. It's a great idea. A load of people from CJ.org are doing the same thing. I should be making a video with Colin J, I can submit it here as well? It'll be more CJ that spinning, but it'll still be cool!

*is going to be really annoying and be on set whilst filming takes place ubbangel*

On the walk to LCM the other saturday Colin and I were discussing christmassy places to film, although Hastings seems to be devoid of them frown

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hmm, im gona look into finding someone with a video camera. am thinking of combining some of my best contorty, escapy, and firey stuff i can pull out, and putting it all into one trick :P

cheers, pete bounce

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: *Aimée*

*is going to be really annoying and be on set whilst filming takes place ubbangel*

Excellent. We have a person to hold the camera, and look after our stuff to make sure it doesn't get nicked...

Plus you'll be able to help me bring out more sillyness...

biggrin

Be Water My Friend.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I would like to see...
Father Xmas vs. The Snowman
done mortal kombat stylee.
I have a few ideas, but not enough time

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I would like to see...

A falmouth 4 video... wink

rolleyes

Be Water My Friend.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: Long_Time_Coming

Written by: *Aimée*

Excellent. We have a person to hold the camera, and look after our stuff to make sure it doesn't get nicked...

Plus you'll be able to help me bring out more sillyness...

biggrin

[polish] "What shall we do with a drunken sailer, what shall we do with a drunken sailor, what shall we do with a drunken salior earli in the morning" [/polish]

wink ubblol

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
If my Saturday vid'll arrive soon, I'll joy smile,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ben's just trying to detract from the fact that he's too lazy to make a vid biggrin

sounds like a fun idea smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ok ok - im joining the video bandwagon biggrin

Ive had a right time of it recently as far as things breaking goes, however i am please to say that ireland 2 and the PLAY promo vid will be included in the xmas / new year releases wink

Anyone who wants hosting gimme a shout biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i do believe im getting (read, mrs ado-p is getting) a video camera for xmas. so we might just be able to join this merry band smile

Love is the law.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
There will be a little bit of bouncing fluff released on christmas eve, all being well ubbrollsmile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Damn Colin and I not having a video Camera available...

I'll put a little something together soon, I promise... Will...

Be Water My Friend.