Page: ...
pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
answer to me personally I think people confuse the two and think everyone who juggles is either training to be in the circus looking for a job in the circus or is in the circus someone asked me that this summer I turned and walked away my highschool senior project is going to educate people on juggling circuses skill and those who prefore acts based upon minimal skill even if the audiance is one of them and I hope that they will obtain knowledge and appreciation for true technical juggling and not bnch all juggling into the same difficulty level as one bozo the clown

(jason said alot of this I must give him credit for most of what is written here)

EDITED_BY: pre1236 (1134272677)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Oh and what's wrong with Corny? Corny has it's place in the art of entertainment just like everything else does ubblol hug2

mmmm there's corny and then there's Nx? His routine is corny and the finale is just plain stupid wink They'res know way i'd be puting fire were that man puts it. Then again, there is some nice contact and some wicked dancing smile ubbloco

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: [Nx?

man, you are such a dumb-ass.

I think you'll find i'm a git with a penchant for the retarded wink

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ubblol this thread is giving me so much entertainment. Well done on the biblical reference Cantus, I didnt know you were a religous fellow wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Me? No I just googled 12:36 and that was the funniest result biggrin

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Pre, having read through these last pages I have actually forgotten half the stuff i was going to say so will try to say them in no particular order.

1) Firstly you are a hypocrite, one of your main arguments has been your hatred of the circus and yet one fo your posts (on page 3 of this thread you are saying you have nothing against circuses.

2) You also said I believe, that your ultimate goal is that you can do such and such routine without members of the public saying about you being in a circus, well I can assure you that will never happen, I have been performing with fire for a while now and as much as I would love for members of the public to not be drunk and try to interfere with my show or pikeys come up to me and steal my stuff, it quite simply won't happen, so I accept it as just a negative part about what we do, as performers we must accept the fact that you get hecklers and many things that annoy you. It is unfortunate that people associate juggling and unicycling with clowns and circus acts simply because it has become so widespread that it is so much more now, but only so much more in our 'community' so to the average layman it still is a circus act, and they are most likely unaware that championships exist and that now unicycling is even considred an extreme sport.

Put in short, you have to accept that as a performer people will always associate you with things they recognise ie: juggling = clown/circus. Simply you have to accept that you get people that say things like that, and if your not able to brush that off and jsut put it down to peoples naivity then maybe you should think differently about pursuing this hobby, because you will rapidly get a reputation as the most annoying juggler around etc.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
oooooooooh since when did you become all grown up and stuff actually presenting a coherent argument I'm impressed lol

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
well ive been on this board for a year and a half now, about time i said something, i'll wait another year before another though!

Plus he's pissing me off

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
Pre,

Are you going to join a circus

mark

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

1) Firstly you are a hypocrite, one of your main arguments has been your hatred of the circus and yet one fo your posts (on page 3 of this thread you are saying you have nothing against circuses.

now It may have come out wrong or you just read it wrong. I do not like circuses or circus juggling for that matter. Although I would like to add that I never said that I hold nothing against them I just made the point that I would be lying saying there was no good juggling in the circus.

And to the Question from the post above me. I'm not even going to answer that question for if you don't know the answer than you obviously haven't read an of my other posts.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

Plus he's pissing me off

I like him. I'm hoping to adopt biggrin

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

oooooooooh since when did you become all grown up and stuff actually presenting a coherent argument I'm impressed lol

When did you learn to spell coherent? tongue

Meh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cantus has found his mini-me

bit cleverer than the oridginal (<-- you like that one?)

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Pre. *shakes head* *tuts* rolleyes

I pretty much guarantee that I can draw more of a crowd with one ball than you could with seven. Plus people will laugh at you more when you inevitably drop.

The most I use when doing a show type thing is four balls. Does this make me a hack Juggler? I think so. I often get asked why I do stuff, and told that I should be in the circus, etc. My answer is always: 'I'd love to be in a circus, but I'm not good enough yet'. Of course, that's not the reason I juggle. But it stops any further questions.

At a juggling convention in leeds, there were so many good jugglers, doing so many tricks with numbers. I had one ball, and found it quite hard to find time to myself to practice, without people coming up to me and watching, asking me to show them stuff, quite a few just standing there in awe, and, I may say so myself, ladies love me in a nightclub. wink

Be careful about your presumptions with numbers. It's not the size of the boat, but the motion in the ocean that counts. wink

However, what annoys me the most is when people come up randomly and say 'I Can do that'. But then I get my laughs when they try it and make themselves look stupid as a ball rolls away from them... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
you wont laugh if its an acrylic they drop wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Indeed...

There is a lesson there...

Never Use an acrylic unless you're on soft ground... I found that out the hard way... ubblol

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
as did i, oh my 100 mm frown

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm, pre-drop all acrlyics before performing/practicing.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
lol oh yes a fantastic idea wink maybe i should go into oddballs and offer to do it for them

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
Written by: Long_Time_Coming

The most I use when doing a show type thing is four balls. Does this make me a hack Juggler? I think so. I often get asked why I do stuff, and told that I should be in the circus, etc. My answer is always: 'I'd love to be in a circus, but I'm not good enough yet'. Of course, that's not the reason I juggle. But it stops any further questions

do you A: use actual technical skill or B: do you do things to make the audiance think that you're really better than you are

If you answer was A than no you are not a hack preformer

If you answer was B than yes you are not a hack preformer

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh twisted logic ubblol

Seriously can we keep him? He'd be great at parties...

Meh

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre1236

If you answer was A than no you are not a hack preformer

If you answer was B than yes you are not a hack preformer

So its a win win situation for Ed then? wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yay!!

*does a Happy but confused Dance*

Do I make them think I'm better than I actually am... Um, Yes I do. I make the audience think my balls are actually floating. wink But I also use an awful lot of technique, making it very Technical. But, as Aimée pointed out, I still win!!

ubblol

Be Water My Friend.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
...with his ready wit and his preformed hacks....

Meh

Ravenhillmember
47 posts

Posted:
By your logic Pre...
"do you do things to make the audiance [sic] think that you're really better than you are"

...anything involving setting toys on fire, glowing toys, silly bits of physical performance/comedy means that you are a 'hack.'

I thereby denounce EVERYONE ON HOP A HACK

Does this include you pre? Maybe you should go practise juggling rather than trying to get on everyone's tits.

They are guides. They are teachers. They are like Yoda, only smaller and on strings.

--Meenik on poi

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
ditto

spank

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Ravenhillmember
47 posts

Posted:
madNo Hex, I don't wanna hear it, take your damn hack-y ass outta here, hack!angry

censoredThat goes for all of you too! The next time you go to play with fire, just remember, you little people, you are nothing but HACKS!mad2

They are guides. They are teachers. They are like Yoda, only smaller and on strings.

--Meenik on poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
...and then there were the time when monkey and I realised the horrible inevitable truth...

Pre is OneWheelDave's alter ego.... wink

ubbangel

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
It was my investigation and experiements that let to that conclusion tongue

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
God... I cant believe this thread has gone 3 pages. Pre, where do you live? I believe you are in desperate need of a spanking... And I mean with your pants down.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
and not in a good way wink

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Page: ...