BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
https://www.adbusters.org/home/

Adbusters are launching their "buy nothing day" again. Check out the link, posters and the tv spot - it only mentions North America, but Western Europe isn't far behind in consuming and buying and wasting things.

I'll probably not be buying nothing at all, but it's a good opportunity to think about how much we consume and if it's really necessary.

(though I don't think HoPpers are the typical consumer whores, except when there's fiery, flashy or colourful toys to buy)

EDITED_BY: Birgit (1132940605)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting (1132930447)

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i think what jhon may be trying to point out is that the link appears not to work

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
erm..no it wasnt that . ubblol
It was one of those posting without thinking remarks. redface

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
ahhh ok

then i'll say it

the link does not appear to work for me

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
oh? it takes quite a while, maybe slow connections give up...

edit: try https://www.adbusters.org/home/
and click on the buy nothing day logo, it worked for me right now...
EDITED_BY: Birgit (1132940577)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well, cause its the biggest retail day of teh year in teh states with thanksgiving and all...

i did buy some produce today for dinner, and some biscuts for a snack for the boy, but i think those can probably be forgiven in context....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
we got fliers for this buy nothing dat in southampton... in southampton.
It made me feel quite ironic.... I cant' remember the last day i went shopping for clothes or luxeries...I have spent the last 364 days basically "buying nothing" so the first day after I get paid. is "buy nothing day"

The irony being the only day I have been shopping was Buy nothing day....typical

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Mewnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
The buy nothing today was in Tampere last friday. Flamma was performing in there.
Buy nothing day... I bought my first devil stick, Inferno-metalmagazine, chocolatecookies, CD's... No, I didn't bought anything. cool

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
it was buy nothing day in oxford yesterday but i bought stuff before i found that out... oh well. biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Saturday in Bristol was fun...

We had face painting, hair braiding, free vegan food, percussion, anti-consumer carol singing and spinning (well I span... tim failed to spin, and I taught some guy how to spin a staff)

Then it pissed down with rain and became considerably less fun. frown

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

SugarCoatedHellmember
33 posts

Posted:
Adbusters is a wonderfully correct but also saddning magazine about the state of our world. Keep speading the word.

There are no witholding taxes on the wages of sin.
~ It ain't a sin to crack a few laws, just don't break them. ~
~ I lost my reputation young, and never missed it. ~
~ She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success, wrong by wrong. ~