lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
JC Events proudly presents:

juggle The 29th European Juggling Convention juggle

Non-Https Image Link

EJC 2006

Dates: July 9th - 15th 2006

- Note: campsite is open for the nights of the 9th to the 15th inclusive - ie, people leave on Sunday 16th July.

Green Glens Arena,

Millstreet

Co Cork

Republic of Ireland

Thanks to all who pre-registered hug

On site registration

Prices:

7 days (including camping)

€120 adults (17 years and over)

€60 teenagers (12 - 16 years)

Children under 12 FREE

1 day

€20 adults (17 years and over)

€10 teenagers (12 - 16 years)

Children under 12 FREE

Just turn up and register at the door.

biggrinPLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL KEEP UPDATING THIS PAGE AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE biggrin

For EJC Ireland 2006, we have secured the use of the largest indoor

hall in Ireland, with plenty of fields for tents, camping and fun, all

on the same site. We realise that the dates are significantly earlier

than many of you were expecting, but if we held the EJC in August, as

in previous years, we would be unable to use a site of this quality.

Our priority is to deliver a great convention, and that is what we are

concentrating on doing!

Now added to the website :

Travel Information

Photos of the hall

Accommodation Options

Forums now added - arrange lifts to Millstreet, and chat about the EJC here!

Please direct any questions or comments to info@ejc2006.net

We look forward to seeing you all here!

Slán,

Helen

New on the website, 24th June 2006:

At the door prices here

Programme for jugglers

Public events programme

Even more artists

2 weeks to go juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle

EDITED_BY: Helen_of_poi (1152385531)

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
AM seriously contemplating making this one but probably not for the whole week so whens the best day to arrive for a long weekend?

And if I'm driving I'd better drum up some passengers from thte manchester contingent - Hazey?!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
thanks for the updates helen.

i've booked the ferry and am suitably over-excited biggrin

i got another question (that i'm sure you've been asked lots already):

when will we be able to pre-register and approximately how much will pre-reg tickets be?

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmm... EJC or BJC...

I'll try my best to make at least one of these...
smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

And if I'm driving I'd better drum up some passengers from thte manchester contingent - Hazey?!

biggrin *nods* I was thinking I can only stretch to a long weekend but I really don't wanna miss out completly. Yea. this summer's looking good already bounce

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
sure is biggrin - running out of weekends already!

Let's chat at the next meet huh? hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Um... hellloooooo!
I am seriously considering a little visit to Ireland this year... Will see what it costs to get me there from Australia and then will be busking like mad!!
I wannnnnnt toooo coooooomeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It even falls over the mid year hollidays, so I don't have to miss any circus school!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

would be great to meet you all, we'll just have to see what I can scrape together!

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey Helen,

Three years ago I volunteered at the bar one night and it was one of the best nights ever. Would that be a possiblity this year? If so, where do I sign up?

[Actual real live grown up who rarely drinks alcohol but loves working bars at festivals] - NYC

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
ooo good thought NYC, if ican make it over id be up for volunteering in a beer tent for a while

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

D_a_v_emember
55 posts

Posted:
hi guys im gunna try and drive over and was wondering where can we book the ferry from? also any idea how much it is?

dave

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Ferrys fo from Liverpool and Holyhead to Dublin, pretty cheap and regular, and also from Swansea and Fishguard to Cork, also pretty regular and cheap.
As for booking them, you could try somewhere like lastminute.com or Expedia or just google it

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

D_a_v_emember
55 posts

Posted:
thanx steaks em does 300 squid sound normal for a car and 3 ppl or is that expensive/cheap. i think i need to go from fishguard to cork.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Ok, more answers ( i hope!)

For ferry companies, see the "getting there" section on the EJC 2006 website

As to volunteering - because Ireland has very long and complicated liquor licensing laws, we will not be having a beer tent run by volunteers. Instead, the venue will provide their usual bar staff for the 2 bars on site. However, we have many and varied other needs for volunteers, more info on the website soon.

For pre-registration - we are having the forms translated by the EJA reps at the moment, and hope to open pre-reg later this month. Price will be around €85 or €90 for the week, including camping, shows, workshops etc.... You will be able to register online through
the EJC 2006 website or through the EJA representative in your country.

As to which weekend to go - if you can't possibly be there for the whole thing frown ...probably the 2nd weekend, as the gala show will be on either the Friday or Saturday night (probably Saturday), the parade will also be towards the end of the convention (date to be confirmed...) but really, you should just quit your job and come for the week ubbangel

Hope that helps biggrin

Helen_of_Poi

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: D_a_v_e

thanx steaks em does 300 squid sound normal for a car and 3 ppl or is that expensive/cheap. i think i need to go from fishguard to cork.

I'm having simalar pricing problems and I have a big yellow van. Cheapest I've found is

Liverpool Dublin for 5 people 4th July 16th July £305
So that's 61 quid each. with Motorhome not car so it may be cheaper with car

But then you have to drive down to Cork.

But from what I've experienced ireland's loverly and so are the poeple so it'll be a fun drive.

So stuff as many people as you can into your car and come on a big road trip! biggrin

Hm... Irish Road trip! biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have a space seat in their car or van from somewhere in the south end of England? If not, i'll probably get a flight from london to kerry smile I'm not sure whether i can go for the whole week yet but i'll definitely try to come for some of it.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

D_a_v_emember
55 posts

Posted:
hi beth. me and jake are both hoping to drive from swindon u could catch a lift with one of us????? i have a seat for definate but not certain bout jake.

dave

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
If I can make it from Australia to London, is there any chance of a lift from there? I can help pay fuel costs etc, and I won't have a huge amount of stuff.. just a few juggling toys and a small pack.

I haven't posted on here in ages, I can't wait to meet a few of you!

*hugs*
Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: DeepSoulSheep

Stop at Tara and come via my house in County Clare. Home of music and beautiful landscapes!

Gabe you have a bedroom and proper support and hospitality if you come! C'mon!!! biggrin

Hello James!
Guess what, I booked my ticket today!! biggrin Scary but true!!!
How far are you from Millstreet? Are you serious I could maybe stay at yours? would that work for actually going to EJC or as a sort of stopover to or from??
Cos accommodation is the scariest part of the trip.. which is to be done on half a shoestring!
See you soon!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Cool.

Ireland is gonna be chock full this year :-)

We also have a spare bed (two even) and plenty of crash space for anyone thats gonna be landing in shannon airport. Or anyone at all for that matter biggrin

Tara, EJC, GJC wink and what then!!!?

we need to think of something to do between EJC and galway

I reckon we should all go at ronans house wink

Love is the law.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Is anyone flying from Cardiff or Bristol that doesn't mind having a panicy flier with them. I really want to go but the fear of flying over is already stopping me from buying a ticket. I know I'm a wimp, but I really am very claustrophobic.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Everyone - Keep an eye on the first post of this thread - I'll keep adding info to it as it arises so that it's easy to find.

Skully - why don't you get a ferry from Holyhead? Or from Fishguard? You don't have to fly...

Helen_of_Poi

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I know I don't have to fly, but I was thinking it would be cheaper to fly..... I'm looking into prices. I was kind of kidding myself I had to fly as a way of making me face the fear and all that. I'm slowly chickening out though as more people keep telling me about the ferry ubblol

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
The ferry makes you puke.

Just to help out some of you. Take look at :https://www.aerarann.ie/

Also look into the ferry companies that go from Pembroke to Rosslaire. The drive from Rosslaire to Cork is a nice easy one. To ferry it from Bristol to Cork takes a full 12 hours. The flight is much better. Aerarran do a lot of special offers so worth looking into.

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
After looking at the price of flights I think I might end up on the Swansea -> Cork ferry at £60.00 for a walk on passenger.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Yay Skully! biggrin

Me, Cole and Bam's are doing the Swansea to Cork ferry too.

bounce

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Well, here's a Galway Juggling Convention Rumour Flash: looks like there's going to be juggly events happening for 10 days around juggling convention and arts festivals, 10 more renegade shows.... jaysus!
dates and information to be confirmed

see ye later
ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
oo its in ireland i may have to bring the juggle club across the water biggrin

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ferry isnt that bad i had to spend 8hrs on one last week and another 8 coming back (to and from liverpool) but it only cost £46 return and you get frr food (dont really recommend the food thou...... umm i cant wait til more jugglyness juggle

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Dave, that is great! I would very much like to catch a lift with you guys as i can easily get to swindon smile When are you going? for the whole week? i've never been to ireland before, am very excited bounce

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

I know I don't have to fly, but I was thinking it would be cheaper to fly..... I'm looking into prices. I was kind of kidding myself I had to fly as a way of making me face the fear and all that. I'm slowly chickening out though as more people keep telling me about the ferry ubblol

Well if you decided to face your fears, I'd give you lots of extra hugs when you got there. hug

I faced a phobia a while back and it was so much easier than I thought it'd be. And it never bothered me since. But I'd understand if you took the ferry. Just as long as I get to hoop with you. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
NYC hun never fear I'll get there some how. It's looking like the ferry is cheaper. I tried loads of sites looking for flights from Cardiff/Bristol to Cork and the air fares were stupidly high and involved having to go to amsterdam first confused

There is a ferry from Swansea (just down the road from me) to Cork. Then all I have to do is get a train from Cork. Although I'm still hoping that maybe I'll get [Old link] and get there for free biggrin

Page: ...