TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
I have yet to hear of this done. I made my own fire sword and then watched star wars again and got the idea of having one double sided. It is 8 feet long making it a little difficult to manuver but how does it look? It is picture 17 www.zing.com/album/?id=4292792471and the password is hoser

Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Wow!Sounds Very Cool. Tell more! I am iterested smileSkichristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
like i said man, great stuff. i thought it might have had something to do with darth maul. but if i was to make one id keep it at 6 feet max. anything longer gets kinda hard to spin. not that i dont like a challenge and the necessity for skill, i do, i live for it, but damn, 8 feet sounds like kinda much. how much wick did you use for that thing? is it like full amounts of wick all the way down the staff? or did you cut it short a bit? but that thing must eat up a lot of feul.DRAKEkatafunk@hotmail.comwww.geocities.com/katafunk

Asafmember
10 posts

Posted:
I'm impressed!Leave alone the fuel, looksl ike you need a roll of cevlar to build it!Might give it a go...------------------Love Is The Law, Love Under Will (A.C.666)

Love Is The Law, Love Under Will (A.C.666)

TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
Ok, here is how I made that fun toy,I used steel conduet that you can buy in the electrical department at your hardware store, ichose 1/2 inch. and also cotton rope that I got at a hardware store. leave 1 inch space at the ends, then wrap 32 inches of the pipe with cotton rope twice, leave about 3 inches, here I put a metal flange that I bought in the plumbing section to protect my hands from the flame, then you have 2 feet of handle witch I wrapped with a nylon cord. I also wrapped a bit a bailing wire around the rope so that if it breaks it would not unwrap all the way. I will try to get a picture of it not lit and post it soon.

Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Cooooool!! smileNoods

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
very cool album. might i also add that your homemade devilstick looked pretty spiffy could you tell me how u made it or is it a secret? if u want to share how you did it you can email me at fireplaying_rain@start.com.au. again compliments on the pics. Rain.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
TJ,Wow. shocked shocked That's just awesome...------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
when i do staff i also end up holding one end and twirling it like a sword. TJ, i've never spun a fire sword b4. is it the same technique to make as your double sided ???? cheers grin

TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
I don't understand your question that much CAU spinning a double bladed sword is like spinning a staff just larger, fire sword however os a lot different, you are spinning on one end with a lot of weight, you can't grab it in the center like you want to. yet looks extremly cool.