Page: ...
colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
well, they've done it.

rgb (i.e can produce any colour you care to imagine), *fully* programmable (via usb pc link) aerotech equipment has arrived at last biggrin

anyone who saw the london juggling convention show (or was at the ejc earlier this year) will have been lucky enough to see owen and malte performing their classic 'spot the drop' routine with routine-programmed aerotech ultimate clubs ubblove

they already have plans for staff and poi with the same *individually controlled led technology* so that you have full control of programming the colour in each section of your toy.

here's the blurb from the aerotech website:

Written by: aerotech

Sequence 16 Million Colours with the new GLO-ULTIMATE equipment.

After three years of development and 100 times over budget, we bring you the ultimate in illuminated juggling equipment.

Our standard product range is designed for on the fly programming, so with a set sequence of taps it is possible to configure a product to change colour and flash between 2 Colours.

In our new ultimate range programming has been replaced with a reprogrammable RGB (The primary colours Red, Green, Blue) light sequencing program.

Each colour of the RGB is independently programmed to run a sequence of timed events to change intensity (brightness) levels. By altering the intensity levels of the RGB it is possible to select a colour from a palette of 16 Million different colours. Time increments are controllable down to 0.1 second meaning that it is possible to create a dazzling light show which can then be synchronized with other products.

A sequence is created using a simple line of code written within a standard text editor (Note book, Word etc). The file is then downloaded to the equipment using a standard USB 2.0 connection.

By using full powered USB hubs the glo-equipment fast charges from empty to 80% charged in 2 hours.

and links here:

main news page

details of the sequencing language

example of some sequence code

a little techy information on the software used

i don't wanna know how much i have to save up for a set of clubs - if i start working on a 5 club routine now, by the time i can juggle it, i should have enough money saved to buy the clubs... wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

They aren't balls, they're like the old Aerotech poi/club things.

They're uber bright... but it's going to be quite a mission to sequence... Also, they need a computer to work from, so I wouldn't recommend them unless you're going to be doing gigs with them...

Also, they have to be run from a PC, not a MAC (don't know why... I don't understand these things rolleyes)

That said... they are going to be awesome when I get them working properly smile And there's supposed to be loads of upgrades which can be downloaded for them.

Hurrah smile

x

Getting to the other side smile

callan_concentrateBRONZE Member
hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
hey guys finally got out of the factory and around to making a post on the technical forum. Just thought I would give you a heads up about the new C2 light poi we are about to release. They are powered by the same electronics as the light staff making them modular and giving them the same 15 different LED settings/ programs. Our new site will be online shortly with images of them.
Can you directly insert images in this forum or just the URL?

let me know and i will try and post some flcks.

callan

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
you can embed an image using the usual **** code

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I've already designed my own concentrate poi ubblol those units are great by the way double thumbs up biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

CPlater1BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I like the look of them and wish I had £280 to spend on poi! I'm considering some way of using PICaxe or similar to do some programmable poi/other props, I'm just not sure atm!

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it most probably is a duck!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I'm spun out that there are so many electronic glow toys available.
in my day we spun snow.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
When I saw concentrate poi I immediately thought of the really mini pair I spun the other day. I could fit them in the money pouch of my jeans. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

CPlater1BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Those concentrate poi do look nice!

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it most probably is a duck!

Page: ...