Forums > Social Chat > Horizontal plane staff between legs moves?

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey everyone,I've been working a lot on my staff skills, and I was wondering if anyone has any staff moves which take the staff between the legs while spinning in the horizontal plane?I have one which I will outline now..but I'm wondering if anyone has any others...1) Josh's spinning horizontal passing between the legs move (J.S.H.B.L for short wink)you know the move where you pass the staff behind your knees / ankles when you are bending down (spinning in horizontal plane)? Practice this while doing a 360 degree spin with your body ..got it? good.now practice this; do the spin on one foot doing the same pass...Once you get your balance (and I have to admit, I havent got this one down pat yet) try passing the staff around behind your planted foot and up under your foot thats in the air to your other hand.You should be able to do it from helicopter spin 180 down to ground 360 pass 180 back to heli...then do it straight away on the opposite leg...I still lurch around a bit while doing the double version, but I can do it...Now - pay up...I've given away my latest and greatest...your turn smileJosh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Let me check with Prometheus as he is the staffer here and does bunches of things down there! smile

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I decided to put this thread back up the top, so that all three of my threads can fall to the bottom together...that way none of them will get lonely.Josh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Prom doesn't really lift his legs. He bends at the waist with a wide stance and spins the staff figure 8 style around his legs and through. There are a few more I think but that's the one that stands out the most.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK