doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
does anyone know what lou reed(singer/songwriter & guitarist with the velvet underground) is doing these days? is he still recording? is he producing?.. ..

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
he was re-releasing satellite of love last summer... twas a bit crap if you ask me

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Haven't you heard of wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Reed

:P

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

761 posts

Posted:
i checked his bio on answers.com but it didnt give any answers... the wikipedia bio wasnt much more help, they are both pretty much history & where the velvet underground came from and did

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i reckon that since leaving the Velvet Underground, Lou Reed has been mainly very rubbish.

(Please noone mention Transformer. God, i hate Transformer)

Which is lame, because he was well good in t'VU frown

Last i heard of him was doing his rubbish Satellite of Love remix.

He's probably swimming in his big pool of money.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

761 posts

Posted:
"He's probably swimming in his big pool of money. "

along with mc hammer

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: simian

Transformer...

"...lou reed in disguise!"

seriously though, i reckon "vicious" and "hangin' 'round" are alright shrug

cole. x

p.s. i doubt hammer is rolling around in a pool of money seeing as he declared bankrupcy in 1997!

but apparently you can hire him for your next party - how cool would that be?!!???!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

761 posts

Posted:
OMG! if we pool our resources we could get hammer to play a the ejc in 2006 in ireland!! eek! offtopic
anyways.. Transformer is a kick a$$ album in my humble little opinion.
thanks for all your inputs, any more would be appreciated, it was hjust a question that came up in the office when "i'm waiting for the man" came on this morning.