queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
As I said in another post:
quote:
I havent had much of a go of staff at the moment, ironic as i called myself Queen of Wands eh? Well actually, I should clarify. Besides her affiliation with fire, I really identify and admire that particular character in the tarot; what she stands for seems to help me out when im in difficulty. The Queen of Wands always seems to pop up, both in readings for myself and readings done by other people! But that's another story altogether...
Is anyone else into tarot here? If so, is there a particular card/character that you also ID and admire? Maybe it has helped you through tough times like it has for me?

Peace love and cascade premium lager (mmmmmm... lager..... )

- queen of wands -

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm, always thought of myself as the Queen of Swords...

I get free beer as part of my pay packet, so I came home from work with a carton of cascade premium today (& a carton of corona)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Hope you got some lemon wedgies for that corona...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
A lemon wedgie that would really hurt, but I don't want to think about how someone would get the lemon into your underpants to start with

I've been kind of interested in Tarot for a while, but never got round to reading up about it - I got far enough to know that the death card means change, but that's about it. Unfortunately, I find my attention wanders very quickly unless I actively force myself to take things in.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
I've alwayz thought of myself as having the knight of swords as my card, logic/reason etc etc.

Temperance is my fave card of the major arcana and I like it coming up because of the balance or need for moderation it has signified for me in the past. Especially when it came in conjunction with lots of the more extreme cards like the knights, just as I was about to run off and do some stupid things.

I must say though I haven't messed with tarot for since I moved to London so we're going back 2 years. Sorry if all the above is actually a load of pants, my memory is...how shall we say...

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
*holding her stomach from giggling at the phrase "A load of pants"*
I'm not sure why that's so funny, but it really is...

Well, my oldest sister (who is now a total tarot stud!) showed me a tarot deck for the first time when i was 12, but i didn't relly do anything with it until i was about 17. I find i do the best throws for people i don't know very well. One thing that does itch me is that, in a lot of decks, wands/rods/staff/sticklike thingies are fire. I'm used to wands-air, blades-fire. I could go into the history of that association, but i just don't feel like typing that much right now... Anyway, i've used the Queen of Wands as a sig a couple of times lately, but what i use for myself varies depending on my situation, mood, what i'm asking, etc. At the moment i'm using what's called the Universal Waite, which is the Pamela Coleman-Smith drawings that are usually referred to as the Rider-Waite deck, that are pencil-colored by Whatsis Hansen-Roberts (i can't think of her first name just now. Gloria maybe?). The Rider-Waite is considered by most to be the "basic" deck, and is one of the oldest modern decks. I like using the Universal as a standard deck, because the images are the "standard" but the difference the re-coloring makes is incredible, it really livens them up and makes them easier to understand...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
When i was younger my mum got really into Tarot and all. She influenced me a lot, i got really into it, then when i reached high school age i used to get teased with it, being weak as i was then i stopped doing it to be seen as normal, and i didnt think about it again untill recently when i have been going back into it a little

back to the subject, in the Major Arcana my favourite the wheel of fortune for it's randomness (random like me!)and i admire the sun for it's hope. my favourite Minor Arcana suit is Cups for the love and happiness.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I am with SmallBoy, Temperance is a beautiful card, as is fortitude/strength:

quote:
True strength is a virtue that can overcome seemingly impossible problems, through calmness, skilfulness and firmness of intent
Also love the star:

quote:
the card of hope, faith and inspiration, as well as renewal and replenishment. Water is poured from two jugs onto both the land and the pool, symbolising the conscious and the unconscious. The land is refreshed and the water replenished.
And yes, Malcolm, there is a magician:

quote:
The magician controls and co-ordinates events. He holds and pulls many strings at once. This is a card of communication, of powerful teaching and guidance.
However it has a dark side, which is that the card can be a symbol of manipulation or tricks...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Well, I haven't seen a dark side with you yet, so I think I will go with the powerful communications interpretation

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, i'll bet you're rolling in Midiclorians!
Got the Jedi Set down, eh?

Some things to know about the Magician:
The Magician is focused power, he has master-level association with all of the elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Spirit). The Magician is balanced, and has a good understanding of the dualistic and triskellian (threeway) natures where they occur. The Magician is not the end of the journey, he is the recognition that each destination is a new starting point. He is good at giving and at getting massage, because he understands the energetic interaction.
Although he is not seen as frivolous, he makes really good margaritas if one asks nicely...
He is an excellent lover, but does not dabble in casual sex (though sometimes in causal sex ).
He knows enough to know that there is always more to learn, but he is aware of his abilities, and knows that value of knowledge is measured by one's willingness to share and help others with it...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The Fool

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
In a lot of ways, the fool is one of the best cards in the pack

quote:
The Fool represents an innocent setting out on a journey. He is naively ignorant of what might face him on the way, is stepping into the unknown, and might, as in many packs, be about to step off a high cliff into great danger. The other cards of the Major Arcana will warn, guide and help him along his way
The fool is many things, naive, optimistic, open to being helped, stupid he is not. All of us are the fool at some stages in our lives.

The fool is the first card in the major arcana, it is a card of beginnings.

[ 08 November 2002, 10:32: Message edited by: Rozi ]

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I would have to say either the magician or the death card

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I love my Tarot cards... they are my bubbies... My favourite card is the queen of cups because this is my card..."a lady of intuition who has a very emotional side"
I also love the ace of cups (spirit development card) The sun and one of my FAVOURITES is the moon... being a cancer I so relate to that card...
I have been reading professionally for about 2 years now...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Fool for me is the fine line between stupidity and genius i spose. He never really pops up in my readings... but when he does its a sure thing and pretty powerful stuff! My fave major arcana card would prolly be the high priestess.

The rider waite deck is really beautiful in its simplicity, but personally it didnt really click with me. At first, neither did anything else i found. I kept searching and searching and was about to give up for a "me" type deck when I found THE ONE --> Sacred Circle. FYI, it combines computer graphics with hand drawings... im a geek chick so of course this appealed to me straight away! The first time I picked them up it was like the feeling you get when you just 'click' with someone... it was like lil electric sparks in my hands, and I KNEW i had to buy them!

The queen of wands appealed to me immediately, but her meaning became more and more apparent as the year went on... I have scanned the particular pic of her, so if anyone wants to see what she looks like gimme a PM and i will email it. otherwise you can click here and scroll down a little to find it, although its not the best pic...

quote:
One thing that does itch me is that, in a lot of decks, wands/rods/staff/sticklike thingies are fire.
I was sure that my nick would have already been chosen in this forum for that reason!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Thats my deck too!!! I use that all the time.. I have 6 different decks but the sacred circle is the one I use to read for other people most of the time.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Thats pretty trippy eh?!

A weird thing happened when i was shuffling last night... I was about to do a reading for myself but I stopped... the cards didn't feel right at all.

I couldnt understand why until I counted them...and two were missing! Luckily I found them though. But its really funny that I sensed two cards out of 78 or however many there are that were gone! And I haven't even really done much work with them lately!

[ 12. November 2002, 20:07: Message edited by: queen of wands ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well my faves are the chariot, which i think is the fire spinner's ultimate, (except maybe the prince of wands) and the prince of cups. those are my own personal cards, though.
the fool has been with me throughout life, as a significator and guider. i also like the two of cups. ooh and let's not forget the good old strength card.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thing is, everyone reads the cards differently, and so the cards mean different things to different people. For example, to me the magician is more of an alchemist. He sees things beyond the realm of possibility and then makes them happen. He is crafty and cunning, intelligent and experimental. I agree, this fits Malcolm to a "T".

For me the fool is the one who looks before he leaps. He does alot of things with intelligence but tends to allow caution to fall to the wayside. He is the wanderer, the journeyman, curious and adventurous, always looking for something new but never knowing exactly what he is looking for. For right now, this card fits me, since I am such an extreme crossroads and embarking on alot of newness that I have no idea where it will lead. However, as I grow in my life, the card I identify with most will change.

The cards are very personal to the owner. I own several decks, but only two even remotely work for me and I have had them so long that I don't know the design creator of anymore. I interpret each card according to feeling. There is a generic description overall but they tend to not be the same deck to deck. I tend to give away those decks that don't work for me. I also can read regular playing cards, and have designed my own deck as well.
I tried to explain the other day that, for me, the tarot reader is simply an interpreter and the person who shuffles the cards is actually the one who did all the work, usually subconciously. They are a catalyst for the subconcious desires to come forth.

I can't read my own cards though. I am too close to the situation and too unbiased. Anyone else have this issue?

Malcolm, I will be happy to read cards for you when I visit, and possibly teach you how if you are interested!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

kendrasweetmember
1 post

Posted:
My favorite has to be the 2 of cups and the lovers card awww :) im a softy lol