Page: ......
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
i know liberty park, don't live in town though. Moving to hatton garden that week (3rd) can pm u my mob no. if u want won't be able to get online often, but u can text me an ,meet up for a spin whenever

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
bloody mancunians Ignoring Flameboy Tut tut!

i live near Platt Fields park but that's no good to you

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i wasnt ignoring i just dont know where those places are frown

sorry flameboy hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
Poi in the 'Pool! It don't get much better!
As a poi beginner and a scouser I am an extremely happy bunny!

Can I put in another note about Sefton Park as location choice. I have been doing Tai Chi for a couple of years now and our group regularly meet up in the park near the palm house during summertime and have never (to my knowledge) had any trouble. It's a really nice area to go if you choose a good spot and has the added benefit of being right near Lark Lane which has excellent places for a pre-town drinkie!

I think that by the area near the uni you mean Abercromby Sq. Should be empty at the weekends and is a nice sq, area would prob not be great of an evening though if people wanna hang around till after dark.

I am up for wherever we choose though, as long as we can spin! The only worry I have is the Pier Head likely to be a bit windy?

Should we arrange where in Lime Street St we are meeting so that those of us who don't know anyone can easily spot the others? Or is everyone up for wearing white carnations??

ubbrollsmile

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
-Calvin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hehehe im sure everyone will be easy to spot. well i dont mind where we go as long as its suitable, ive heard different opinions of all the places and i honestly dont know where, so we'll leave it to you locals. ill be at lime st station hopefully with the other manc guys, cant wait, tis gonna be fun! bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
I'll be the one with the poi!

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

Burkeynewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I used to live in Liberty Park, it's a nice place! Apart from being so close to Kensington.

Crisps crisps crisps yum yum

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
Best place to meet is under the big clock by the shops in Lime Street Station.

The only problem with Sefton Park is getting there for Town, and if there's a load of people, can everybody be arsed getting there.
I recommend we stay local!

Looks like its going to be a biggun'

Peace

smile

Wirral Poi Collective!

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
At the end of the day I am just happy there's gonna be a get together on my doorstep! I only started spinning a couple months ago and have been trying to get in touch with other locals since then but was starting to think there weren't many around. Can't wait to meet up!

I reckon under the clock in Lime St is a good plan, I guess people are likely to stand out in a crowd but it does no harm to have a place to stand to make you feel less like a lemon if your the first one there. Not that I have anything against lemons you understand...

peace

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
-Calvin

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Lemons are evil...

Except on Pancake day! Yay Pancakes!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spyder

The only problem with Sefton Park is getting there for Town, and if there's a load of people, can everybody be arsed getting there.
I recommend we stay local!

It's no problem getting to Sefton from Lime Street! Walk up that hill toward the Uni (brownlow hill?), catch the student bus that takes you along Smithdown road etc etc, and you're sorted!

Willy - is bad for your health...

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
only prob with that is if there are a few of us then it'll take a couple of busses they tend to be rather full going towards toxteth/sefton on Saturdays. I don't think the student bus runs at a weekend either. May be difficult for late comers to find us too.

I vote the pier head although i don't know how to get there, and if its raining then eeerm can't think of a contingency plan

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
Written by: Aryth

only prob with that is if there are a few of us then it'll take a couple of busses they tend to be rather full going towards toxteth/sefton on Saturdays. I don't think the student bus runs at a weekend either. May be difficult for late comers to find us too.

I vote the pier head although i don't know how to get there, and if its raining then eeerm can't think of a contingency plan

If its raining theres always the pub wink

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
indeed wink

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
sounds good beerchug

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
Rain is defintely evil...

An 'in case of rain' option involving a pub with a covered beer garden would be ideal!
Hmmm, will put my mind to it... confused

-Calvin

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
There's a place on Leece Street, cant remember the name of it, but it has a BIG gazzebo with a big red cross on it. Might be ideal if it rains!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I have NO idea what you're all talking about.... But I'll trust your judgement come next Saturday...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Burkeynewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Bar Hannah's the place on Leece Street with the gazebo, although it's usually quite packed on a Saturday.

Crisps crisps crisps yum yum

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Wow I was lucky! Just checked my shifts for next week and Im free on the saturday, they put me on the sunday tho, how lucky was that! *wipes bead of sweat from forhead*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Yeah!! BJ can come! Does that mean you me and Jen (+ whoever) are gonna meet at 1pm for drinks?

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Sure

*answers for jen* Yes

There she said yes she cant back out now! lol

I need to practice abit more, Ive finally gotten chasing the sun, but its abit sloppy. weavesmiley Im so pleased with myself

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Dont even know what move that is!!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hehehe sounds good! dont forget guys that if it does rain, we cant invade a public space like a pub to spin, to drink is good but spinning in a beer garden is not really fair.

we meetin for a drink in manc at 1 or goin to liverpool to drinki at 1? tongue

pete, you now have nomibated yourself to bring pancakes biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i meant nominated tongue

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol well this being thew liverpool thread I allways assumed we would meet gaz (and maybie others) at 1 for a drink so he can have an extra hour, he has to go abit earlyer than most people from liverpool. Im not even thinking of the manchester meet for a few weeks yet couse we have the liverpool and nottinghams to go before that anyway.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Millhouse has been disconnected from the internet so I will need to keep him updated. If you wanna get in contact with him either phone him or leave a message here or PM me and I will forward it.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
btw, where is the 1pm meeting place? I can't be arsed going through the thread to find several meeting places not know which is the final decision

I might just come straight from Leyland to Scouseland rather than go to Manc then go from Manc to there.

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
who's going to play shepherd and guide us all to the pier head, i don't know the way, especially since they started all the new construction work around town.

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
think i can get a lift into liverpool now so wont b meetin up with the manc lot - b bringin two peeps with as new housemates spin how cool!!!!!

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

Page: ......