Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok im going to clear a few things first to save space and time:) i have 5 tattoos which im happy with, i know that i will have these for the rest of my life and i understand the consequences of tattoos. whenever ive had one done ive put it in a place i can hide if needed for like work etc and its always been a design ive waited a few years for before having done.
now to the main point, i have created my own design as an extension of the one on my right arm as you can see here , and this is the design i have made (the darker bit in the middle is the original tattoo that i already have). it is rough i know, it needs to be re-sized to fit perfectly and sharpened a bit,
what i need your help with is that ive seen many tats designed by people who think they look good, but ive felt that the design is quite poor. what i mean is, although i like this design and would like it done, im just checking that its alright and that im not being silly, does it look ok to you?
any comments/opinion welcome, i wont take offence smile i just want to make sure before i have it done.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i like it but i also like the original on its own and i'm not sure if i think it would spoil it or make it look better.
would it just be all black (except the red part obviously)?
but its a cool design i like it but you may need some more opinions and loads more thought into it.
hug

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
Simply, i like your design.

if this is something you really want, then there would be no need to make a poll here.

your obviously not so sure about it, so i would say dont get it done. Even tho i just voted for the motion. wink

You'll find me on the dance floor

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i do want it, im just making sure that it does look ok and not silly like some tats peeps design look like. smile thanks guys for your quick replys hehehe

yeah all the extension is black, its an extension of whats already around the heart

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i do like it but i think it would suit the orginal if it was a bit thinner like maybe just an outline?

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ive actually drawn the extension now like froggy said i it does actually look a lot better smile any opinions?

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well i fink you know what i fink biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i fink so tongue

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ide say leave the tatoo alone. i dont think those two will look that great together, and anyway none of them are any specific thing those are better couse you can look at them and go 'Oh a whatever it is, very good' thats just like a cool squiggle or something

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
think carefully before extending, and ask yourself:

will I want to extend it beyond that again? or will that be it for that area? for example, if you ultimately want a full/half etc sleeve, then the extension will affect that later on...

Also, and I'm not necessarily suggesting this, would a coverup to a more integrated design be an option (I quite like your extension, just playing devils advocate)... smile

apart from that, go for it...I've had a tattoo extended, though I knew when I was having the first stage done that I would be extending it later on...and I have - twice... ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I like the style of the extenstion better than the original, however to me it looks a bit'home made' in that the spacing betweenthe lines is uneven and there's something funny going on in the bottom right hand corner. Also cos this is just the sort of doodle I do when I'm on the phone!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah lol, cheers guys. it does look rough at the mo, but if i decided yes then it would be tidied up a lot!

i wouldnt be extending it more than that, i dont want a sleeve or anyhting that i wouldnt be able to hide if i wanted to (i.e. work etc)

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Why dont you do us a drawing of what both will look like together, then you can show us so we dont need to use our imaginations. That way you an also see what it will look like extended on paper and not just in your head

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
I like it, plus self/friend designed tattoos are much cooler than off the shelf!!

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?