Page:
BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Over 180 bodies recovered after two bombs were exploded in the two most popular nightclubs/bars in Bali.

Most of them are Australian tourists, since it is the number one holiday destination for most Aussies.

Sending love to all the people affected by this cowardly terrorist attack.

Australia has never really experienced anything quite like this before, terror attacks were seen as things that only affect over seas countries but now we are forced to face a little more reality.

I live in the most isolated capital city in the world (Perth) and incidently we have a target that is in the top ten potential terrorist targets in the world, Swanbourne Barracks. Something to do with the SAS I'm led to believe.

Welcome to a new chapter in Australia's history, now we will pay for our unsung atrocities against humanity.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Please.. this is not a thread about War or the US its about Bali and the devastating effects of the weekend bombing.

Having had a little time to digest this its still seeming very surreal. I have not had any official id but we are all assuming that my friend has been killed. His family have gone to search for him in Bali.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ohh my, dude I will keep your friend in thought, I do hope things are all okay.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
splerph, a prayer for your friend.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
MikeG, the US does not assasinate. Says the brass, on an official level. Unofficially that is above my paygrade, so I reallly cant coment.

I like the idea, but you realise what would happen if the US officialy fought like that? Public outcry from around the world would be, "The US feels as if it can play god with the worlds leaders."

Ray, I'm not talking about foreign leaders, I'm talking about terrorist leaders. Bin Laden is not a foreign leader. He can be assassinated. As can any member of Al-Qaeda.

Saddam Hussein may not be assassinated. Should he accidentally step in front of a speeding bullet, that would be a shame.

But the thing about terrorism is that it's not foreign leaders who we have to worry about. It's terrorist leaders who aren't officially heads of state.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by splerph:

Having had a little time to digest this its still seeming very surreal. I have not had any official id but we are all assuming that my friend has been killed. His family have gone to search for him in Bali.

I'll light a candle for him.

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I avoided this thread (and others like it) like the plague as I didn't really want to get into a political debate. Then realized that I did want to post how sad I was at the loss of life by such an attack.

Condolances to all that were directly, indirectly, or even spiritually touched by this attack.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hi

A friend emailed me this press release this morning.. All I can say is that this attitude is SICK!!

https://www.thebrainstrust.co.uk/article.44.2515.html

RELIEF AT "LIGHT US CASUALTIES" IN BALI DISASTER
The world breathed a sigh of relief today as it was confirmed that "almost no" US citizens were affected by the bombing atrocity in Bali. After initial concerns that this was a major international outrage, fears are subsiding now it is known that the vast majority of casualties were "not American".

So.. this is not an attack on you loverly people from across the water - it's just a shame that a very small minority of people in the US think that as hardly any 'yanks' were caught it was not an international disaster! With this attitude I'm not really suprised there is a vendetta against the US, it's just a shame that the idiots just can't target the other idiots who are making it the voice of the US - you guys are innocent - it's just a few jerks that voice your countries opinions for you..

Much love and hugs for those still grievning.. More attacks on Aus this weekend.. sympthies my loves..

I hope this hasn't come across to strong - coz it wasn't ment too..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Where did you get this from, Stix?

I think that the general reaction around here was shock and horror. The death toll wasn't anywhere near 9/11, true, but it was tremendous.

I don't know where you got this story from, but THIS American is anything but "relieved." In fact, the first thing that went through my head was "Oh no! I wonder if any of my Aussie friends were in it!?"

-Mike

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Mike I know you and many others would have had geniune HUMAN response to any life lost on this planet.. but some one did write this..

Follow the link to the full write up..

[ 22 October 2002, 05:27: Message edited by: Stix ]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Uh, Stix? The Brains Trust is a satire site.

In other words, their articles are humor, (albeit tasteless humor, IMHO). But not fact.

-Mike

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ill tell you this much, the person that wrote that article is a heartless bitch. The world was relieved my ass. screw the world what about those people!!!

Who cares who was American or not, that is just a jacked up think. Damn I am pissed about that article.

I publically apologyse for that twit of an American. This American does not feel that way.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I hate my friends sometimes - they take advantage of my gullible nature.. really very sorry, I was told this mornign it was all crap - they think it's really funny to mess with my mind.. sorry, sorry, sorry.

I asked him when gullible had been taken out the dictionary - he said last week coz I'd hurt my self with it..

[ 22 October 2002, 21:42: Message edited by: Stix ]

Page: