Forums > Social Discussion > Landmark Forum and Possibilities to create a new future

Login/Join to Participate

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone smile

I’ve just finished the Landmark forum and the "earth moved” for me. I went aIong to see what Landamarkers were on about, thinking I might learn a few new ideas, and ubblol I found ME and inner peace smile

Some consider Landmark a cult, but it’s secular. Like it’s very focused on what we do in this life, because when we die, "they put us in a hole in the ground, chuck dirt in our face and go off to eat and drink cups of tea" wink

Apparently, Landmark is the direct descendant of Erhard Seminar Training (est), which flourished during the '70s and '80s as a hard-edged, confrontation seminars. Some say it’s ripped from Scientology. I think the discipline and power are borrowed from Zen.

Coincidently, I started reading Erhard’s book a few months ago. I think it’s called “The Power of Now”. While I could relate to being in control of the little voice in your head, I didn’t understand his ego concept. Anyhow, Landmark has been tweaked into a powerful course with a little discomfort.

I learnt much about communicating. Like I wasn’t “listing” to people. You know, like I would be half way though reading a discussion thread on Hop and I’d already be writing out my response, before I had heard what was being said rolleyes

Time to share, get the tissues :lol

I haven’t felt any love for me mum for a long time. She is bi-polar and can be very difficult person. I have always tried to do the right thing by her, though only in a grudging obligatied way, because I felt I was being manipulated. I’m insular and independent so as soon as I realised that I had a choice to accept me mum and her bi-polar disease, then I was in control, and stopped feeling manipulated. I didn’t think it was possible, but I felt love return to our relationship.

It ain’t “rocket science” but it works for me. Now, I’m not going to push Landmark because it won’t work for everyone. I will say that it is possible to create a new life, and that's one reason for this discussion. So, if anyone is interested in sharing whatever has worked for them, then start typing.

cheers smile

Edit. I changed “feel born-again” to “the earth moved”.

EDITED_BY: Stone (1122170747)

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Ramanewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hey Stone....my ex did landmark awhile back. She had a great experience as well. What we both do now, and has been consistently awesome since learning 9 years ago, is something called the Ishayas' Ascension. Very simple techniques based on praise, gratitude and love that effortlessly reveals the peace, joy and wisdom that has always been within. What I love about it, is that since it involves no belief, whatsoever, so people from all religions, cultures, jobs, age....can do it and it will work. Anyhow, just thought I'd share that with you. Have lots of fun with the forum!! Peace, Rama

"The only way to structure perfection on the outside is to know perfection on the inside" - MSI

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Thanks Rama, that was great.

I’ve found that so many possibilities start appearing when we simply start listening and looking.

Peace

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Ramanewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hey Stone, no worries. Its pretty amazing huh....and it just gets more and more simple, beautiful and ubblove . I always find it so wonderful how we need do so little, stay open, listen and look as you said, and we get so friggen much! Have fun on your adventure of a lifetime! wow

"The only way to structure perfection on the outside is to know perfection on the inside" - MSI