Forums > Social Chat > First time with fire!! W00t!!!

Login/Join to Participate

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I know this is totally a repeat thread, but I don't care, I want my moment in the sun.

Tonight I spun fire poi for the first time. It was the single most magical thing I've ever done. I impressed the pants off the people throwing the party with some nice moves, which was a nice ego booster. They were really jealous that I could do the 5 bt, let alone the 7 bt weave. I had sooo much fun. I'll post pics tommorow.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
bounce yay! fire!! i bet you knocked their socks off biggrin

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Congratulations and here is to spinning fire beerchug <-------- orange juice hug hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
congratulations man, it's been a long time coming. glad you had so much fun. hug here's an OJ from me too beerchug

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
hughughughug

well done honey!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Yeah congrats..... mind it still always feels like the first time with fire.. I love it that much biggrin weavesmiley clap

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
wooo! I think he's uploading the pics now smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
They're all up! Go looky!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Sweet! There is nothing like the sound, heat and intensity of spinning fire, especially the first time. Once you start, never stop.

You did a 7bt. on your first burn? How did you have the patience to advance that far without opening Pandoras box (fire)?

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I didn't do the 7 bt with fire, I did that with tails before it got dark. I only did simple stuff with fire (okay, so I did a lot of 5 beats and a few btb weaves).

I don't know how I had the patience, it really helped that I had parental units who wouldn't let me until now. tongue

-James

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
Congratulations! Sounds very imressive for your first spin with fire. beerchug <------ it is beer, not oj, hey, I'm australian!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Hell...

YEAH!!! hug2

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
devil devil hug hug hug hug hug hug
yay! good on ya mate!

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hey, did your folks watch? did you prove that you were safe, which reassured them that you're competent and now they're completely happy with you using fire as much as you want?

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Yeah, they were there, my mum took the pictures. They're not completely happy with me using fire "as much as I want" but now I can do fire under controlled circumstances if I get permision from them. But, hey, now that my wicks have been used, I can used them again and they'll be none the wiser devil (with proper safety measures, of course)

-James

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
congratulations - it really is exciting that first time clap clap devil

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
YAY first time twirling anything with fire is MAD!!!
bounce bounce2 clap devil

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.