Huiamember
61 posts

Posted:
How beautiful is music??Theres nothing like the perfect song- and there are so many out there- all genres are great- with the odd exception. What does everyone think? Theres got to be heaps of different tastes in here among the pyros.

Loving your life...loving your planet...loving yourself.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Music has been discussed oh so many times on this board. it's another proof of how important it is

In french we say "La musicque adoucit les moeurs" (music softens your actions / behaviour ... or something like that).

In fact I think music has a VERY strong effect on people, in good and bad , it calms you or gets you all hyped up. Makes you cry or smile or think.

there is a music to every mood for me.

it's also an inter-cultural language.

my dad is a composer and when he travelled to Burma, he hooked up with some local musicians. They could not speak a word to eachother but music and so they played together and communicated that way.

Shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Huia my little angel, how are you?!!

HUGZ!!!

As far as music goes I will listen to almost anything, music is emotion through sound, some music can make you cry, some can pump you full of adrenaline, some can relax you and even send you off to sleep.
Music has almost magical properties like words in a way.
Words are just marks on a page and yet those very marks can invoke emotions and thoughts in us, take Shakespeare, we can know what was going through his mind when he wrote his plays and yet he was dead long before we were born.
Music is like that, it envokes emotions and thoughts.

I often wonder what kind of view a composer would have in his mind's eye as they're writing their piece.

There is only one type of music I do not like and that is Garage (and it's sub-variants), I feel it's too caught up with the image/fashion aspect and although there are other types of music that portray this, Garage seems to go over the top for me. Some R'n'B and Pop acts are dubiously questionable.

The only other thing I hate with a passion is the whole pop idol/popstars/fame academy thing, for some reason I felt these people were somehow skanking the whole system, bypassing most of the hard work that bands like mine have to do to get noticed.
I do not class them as serious acts and know that they're their fot the kids etc. It does sadly take the piss however, that hearsay/popstars had one of the fastest selling singles ever.

whats up with all the limitations?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Speaking of heresy, I heard yesterday that they've split up!!!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*pause for breath
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Oh yes matey, they've split and good riddance to bad music I say!!!lol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha indeed!!!!

whats up with all the limitations?

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I *loooooove* music.

Each song has it's own mood that can never be duplicated by anything else. So many times I'll hear something I like and think "I wish I had more stuff like that" if I go looking, I may very well find something else I like, but I will like it for different reasons than I did the first song...because like I say each song is so unique and another will never quite capture the same feel.

There is nothing more satisfying than having just the right song for the right situation...one whose mood perfectly compliments your environment. the power of music to magnify one's feelings absolutely stuns me...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have synesthesia, a wierd crossing of senses so that I see what I hear and hear what I see...

So certain noises are actually naueating to me, like a loud guitar rail (looks like quivering vomit with red spikes sticking out of it).

So to me, not all music is beautiful.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Mike, I hope you don't mind my asking but did you develop syntethsazia naturally or is it a permanent effect of drugs?

I'd absolutely love to experience it but I'm not really into drugs...didn't know if was possible to just *have* it.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
music is the essence of my being....
like melodic trance, happy hardcore, and...
hardrock......
Ready Set Go is an awesome band....
i think that is hoe you spell it....
-L.B.

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:

Zum Zum Zum!
Capoeira Mata Um!
Zum Zum Zum!

Non-Https Image Link

Zum Zum Zum!
Capoeira Mata Um!
Zum Zum Zum!

Non-Https Image Link

Zum Zum Zum!
Capoeira Mata Um!
Zum Zum Zum!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy:
Mike, I hope you don't mind my asking but did you develop syntethsazia naturally or is it a permanent effect of drugs?

I'd absolutely love to experience it but I'm not really into drugs...didn't know if was possible to just *have* it.

I've always had it.

I have always heard a blinking traffic light "click" on and off. I've heard footfalls of people who were walking way too far away for me to hear them. I've heard a "ratatatat" whenever someone walks behind vertical venitian blinds.

Gunshots have always been a black/white explosion, snare drums have always looked like a grey picket fence. The high notes on a piano have always been drops of blue water. Men's voices tend to be in the yellow/orange/brown range, while women's voices can be peach, blue, and even rarely green (few sounds are green). Trumpets have always been yellow and clarinets orange...

Mind you, this doesn't interfere with the way I sense the world. I suppose it just adds to the beauty of the world. I can't imagine a world without clicking lights and translucent, purple ribbons coming out of flutes.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Without music I would be...miserable.

I could do without most modern pop and certainly techno, though.

Raph

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dammit i just can't get this song out of my head!!!catchtiest tribal song i've heard for a long time! Click for the 3Mb download...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
.bender!

what an extreme pleasure! & i love your formatting with the two capoeira animations above!

sneaky download, put the MP3 in my Windows Media Player which doesn't save, and the file copy was not in the usual, general Windows > Temporary Internet Files, it was in subfolder Content.IE5 then subfolder (they all have random character names) 8noxotod, but I found the lil jumping f*cker and put it in my Fresh Beats folder. ha!

if i play this on repeat loop loud, the way i like to hear stuff, it totally grooves me into da rhythm on & on.

THANX, Bends!

Raph,

quote:
Originally posted by Raphael96:
I could do without most modern pop and certainly techno, though.
not feelin techno makes you among the few at HoP, and a truly rare one in SoCal where basically all pyros come out of the tekno scene real deep, including new kids spinning who've never been to a rave yet.

Huia,

i'm one of the broadest in multi-genre tastes around here, tho i have fun saying in more detail i like hard versions in each genre best: hardcore tekno (in each subgenre), hard nuMetal, hard hiphop. . .hard pop, hard Latin, intense classical. . .[& all da other genres]. . . course i like some soft, textured, atmospheric, jovial, subtle, & other stuff too. oh, i like my jazz inspired improv, & my country flavorful, which ain't quite the same as hard. but i like some or all of every genre i've ever encountered.

people think i'm channel flippin, i'm just flippin through my playlist! . . .

[ 05 October 2002, 00:59: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

DruidicDovemember
20 posts

Posted:
well, I'm not against techno or anything, but I have to say that I'm not one of the people that comes out of the techno scene... not by far! I'm actually based in the alt. rock/american folk/hard rock scene... I mean, I do nearly every type of music, as long as I feel that there is some sort of true feeling put into it. I can't deal with the pop scene, though... too much of it is kids who just want money/sex/fame and that's not what music is about. Or, it shouldn't be. I have to admit, though, that the rock genre has alot of "musicians" like that, too. I guess there's no escaping it. Oh, and bender, I couldn't get the mp3... dangit!!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
It's great when you discover a new type of music that you've always dismissed: I've always had a thing against dance music, I think as it's played too loud and you can't actually hear the melody in it like that. I listened to it fairly quietly on headphones and the rhythms just made me want to dance, laugh, cry and scream all at once.

There's something strange about the power vibrating those little hairs in our inner ears has.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
funny you should bring up synesthesia mike, I haven't met many people who experience the same thing..As a dj, I often try to come up with different colours for sets, colors that go well together for me or compliment each other. ie blue/green, black/red are often combinations I use. It used to be something I explored quite a bit when I was spinning more. I think there's a BIG parallel between synethesia and the twirling arts, esp electronic music, which usually lends itself to circular(or wavelike) shapes(depending on the types, such as dnb/house/nrg - circles, trance-waves, breaks/hk-rectangles - generally leest)

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
well it was this saturday when i first tried poi to music, one discman, one man, one garden and two poi, violent heavy rock music.
thouroughly enjoyable so ill do it again and agisn and for ore than two hours next time, it really has opened up a whole new world of poing to me.
try it!!!

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Music makes the world go around!(at least it does for me)

If you open your mind and soul to it, everything has a natural rhythm, you just have to be able to hear it!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't live without music. And if I ever went death, I'd probably end up killing myself. As I've said to so many people, over and over again, I would kill myself! It would just be too much, to see the music on paper, and only ever hear it in my head, and not to see it performed... Or to see someone play an instrument, and not hear what it sounds like... Or how they put their own style in the piece... It would be torture like no other.

I just can't even BEGIN to imagine it! *bites fingernails nervously at the thought*

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.