Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
It was great to see so many dedicated twirlers... i saw some moves that really blew me away. And lots of other crazy talents that i would never have imagined. It'd be nice to meet up with some of you guys again, bring on CG06 smile. I've never seen a group of people with such unconditionally good vibes!

Thanks to everyone that came and organised it, etc.

Here is a stunning photo of moon pixie:

Non-Https Image Link

Oh, i lost my short doubles. They are nearly all black and have VERY dark green grip. If anyone took them by accident, can you let me know? I miss them!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
and i lost my anklet that was only just given to me by my friend in brissie who i miss muchly ubbcrying so i know there is pretty much no chance of that showing up because its not nearly as big as a staff or poi but incase it wsa somewhere obvious if anyone picked it up please pm me i miss it! its just silver with 2 bells

hug me!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
GOD that picture is stunning!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

all those lovelies who asked when the next moonfest was... and i said around the 14th.... well i was thinking of the january one for Uber Oz....

Hey Pixie ubblove and all other lovelies:
[Old link] will be happening in early Feb: 3-5th Feb: which sadly doesn't coincide with a Moonfest: dark moon time I believe... we'll have a Poolfest instead wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
gabe! you're back!! biggrin hug how was bellingen!???

yay for uberoz!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone! I uploaded all my photos onto a seperate site here. I just wish I could have taken more! Stupid batteries...

Enjoy! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
there are some amazing pics of CG, looks wonderfully...

CX

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
looks like you all had such a wonderful time!

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about orgainising some shirts somewhat like other festival shirts. So i was just wondering, how many people would be willing to buy a CG shirt? and would you be willing to spend approx $25-30 for the shirt.
Oh and i reckon i would make it only available to those who attended the event.

Do we sleep when we die?

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
can u make another version avalible for those who weren't?

like on the back..

"Wish i was there" biggrin

or sumtin just as silly

redface
CX

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
yeah i second that courts...

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i think i could. i'd want at least 20 of each version before i'd go ahead with it.

Was there:
Dragon Fury

Wish i was there:
Courts1979
Phaerie

Do we sleep when we die?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i already carry a bit of common ground with me meditate
and i ain't talking about the adeliaide dirt under my nails.

thank you all for influencing me in such positive ways!
(Josh's smile could be seen in the dark!!)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
i'm in biggrin

CX

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:

I'd like a See ya there Next time one....

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hey lovely firie peoples, grouphug

Had sooooooooooooooooo much fun, met so many wonderful people and learn so much stuff!!!!!!

Yay Josh, Kate, Ben, Spike, Lex & Lou, Ry + all other organiseieee people for a FABULAS weekend. You guy’s all absolutely rock biggrin

Thanks Josh – You and Troy made poi look so pretty you inspired me to pick it up again (Emergency POI Vs STAFF Disclaimer – No Poi were harmed or ‘dissed’ in the making of this comment whatsoever “Poi is way cool – I just tend to suck at it…Isolations…Hyperloops…stupid Hyper-TiedMySelfIntoAknotAndFellOver-lations ubbrollsmile) Thanks Guy’s. smile

Yay Ben , I’m glad you’ve found the joy’s of contact crosses – I’m looking forward to next time we meet – I’ll have to pull my socks up and learn some new stuff now that I’ve got someone to exchange tricks with – C U at earthcore + other fun places smile and thank you for all the contact staff inspiration, sooooooooooooo much to practise biggrin

Kyle – Thanks again, I love your crazy contact style and am very envious of it. Everyone comments on how unique your style is and I think that’s something to be proud of.

Lou - Thank you for cool Badges. Mine escaped three times over the weekend but always came back to me – now in my tressure box in memory of a cool weekend with lovely people. biggrin

Lex & Ry – Thanks for being wonderful hosts on Friday – it was much fun hanging out at …(bens house I thought…still quite confused about who’s house was whats…and who the bunny belonged to…but it was sooooo cute…especially for a bunny from hell biggrin )

Gorgeous Flynt – Thanks for being wonderful and for bringing a certain special Giraffe along to light up our lives – C U guys soon for more Fruits Basket *hugs* hug

Splendiferous Josh – Thank you for being transportation guy even when your car was trying to explode and drop doors all the way to Adelaide. You is ace and special and talented.

Stupidly talented Anthony, Pretty Bonnie & Erin, and Smiley Alex , Thank you all for being lovely people. ubblove

Crazy Sal – Thank you for rolling down a hill covered in blackberries with me…it was so much fun. (Thank you to other guy too though I don’t know your name smile

Pete (The made of pineapple variety) – Awesome escape; and twirling poi whilst halfway through a squash racket…very proud of you! Destined for great things you are.

Elkie – Beautiful hooping and contact - Thank you for the glitter antenna – I loved them very much smile

Chicken – Your fire palms with Elkie were gorgeous – it was lovely getting to know you better and you never need to apologise for miss-hearing stuff again wink *hugs* hug

Brendan – I was watching you for ages the other day with rope dart – you are way talented with that thing...well way talented in general. smile I loved your Wushu Act with Bender and Ed – you guy’s rocked biggrin

Newcastle crew – Ace twirling, I loved your staff passing, look forward to seeing you guys at the next meet.

Gnor – lovely meeting you. The henna tat’s were gorgeous - I particularly loved the wings you did on Elkie (at least I think they were your work?)

Troy – Tribute. You are a legend for no other reason than you did the Moose point blank at the audience sat night …(‘stupidest poi move ever version one’ I believe it’s called in Edenborough speak?) Greatest poi move ever in my books and I’d completely forgotten about it till you gave it back to me wink

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many other wonderful people but out of time to write – Thanks you all so much and see everyone next time if not before.

TTFN Cheers and Hugs, D grouphug

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hey Tyr! I was looking for your intro thread and found you haven't got one? tsk! Was wonderful to meet you and watch you spin at CG- the variety you've got was so inspiring and all of it was fabulous watching! Those crosses too.. verry trippy. Think you've created a cross monster (no pun intended) out of Ben though ubblol

re Friday ubblol hosts? biggrin Hardly. The place is usually home to Ben, Lex and Spike.. I was just crashing as they were kind enough to offer me 2 square metres of carpet space wink (Thanks again! hug)

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol i'm with tyr on the moose that arsn did in the show!! ubblol that was hilarious!! & so confusing for the people around me when i laughed & said "the MOOSE!" they all kinda gave my funny looks & then i had to explain while still laughing!! yay arsn!! ubblol

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Tyr
you and your beautiful Jo helped to make my weekend more happy than I could have imagined...definatly loved your balance in the show and cant wait to see you next time Im in melburp visiting flytny

*HUGS* grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
by the way there are some piccys up in my gallery

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
yay for photos!! *pauses to write...

link to gita's photos! biggrin

...runs away to check out chicken's gallery*

biggrin hug bounce

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone! smile

What a fantabulous weekend. I'm so proud to count so many beautiful souls as my friends. It will leave a warm spot in my heart for a very long time I reckon smile

Katinca and I have just about finished packing up from CG. The physical face of CG is now in boxes under our house, but the spirit lives on in us.

Big ideas are being thrown around for next year (mostly by me - I think my brain is in creative hyperdrive or something) so I hope everyone who came this year and made it one of the most beautiful and healing events of my life come again next year smile

Huge respect for every single person who came and made Common ground a reality for all of us.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I love your photos Gita!

There needs to be like a list of links to everyone who has pics from CG in their galleries and seperate little sites so it's easier for everyone access them! smile

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
josh! hug for you & hug for katinca!!! biggrin it was most definitely our pleasure to make cg a reality!! even though most of the time it seemed like some fantastic & impossible dream come true!! biggrin thankyou!!

can't wait for next year!!! bounce2

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
i wanna say thank you to all of you beautiful people for a lovely weekend. i wont list names because im bound to forget people, but suffice to say youre all amazing and i cant wait to see you all again soon smile

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: gita

yay for photos!! *pauses to write...

link to gita's photos! biggrin

...runs away to check out chicken's gallery*

biggrin hug bounce

mucho gracias for sharing, gita!
your photos are awesome, really capturing the festival that happened behind all the fire.
You musta really been headfirst into the festival to freeze all those ace moments!
i musta spent all my time hanging around the unisex toilet.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
there's some pix in my gallery too... if ya wanna see... or haven't found them already smile *:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Thanks all for the awesome weekend. This was the first firey getaway i've been too, and I look forward to attending more in the future. The most likely seems to be Earthcore, however no promises.
Particular thanks to Spike, Benjamen and Lexia for housing me on the Monday night.
Thanks to the hacky crew for giving me some damn sore legs on Monday morning.
The photos have been great... gee I should have brought the camera. Is there any word on some video being put up?

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: roarfire

I love your photos Gita!

There needs to be like a list of links to everyone who has pics from CG in their galleries and seperate little sites so it's easier for everyone access them! smile

Hey great idea roarfire. Or, someone could even find all the photos and put them into one giant zip file for everyone to download.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Here are all the photo's I've come across so far, hopefully it makes things a little easier for everyone.

Roarfire's Album

Gita's Album

Myco's Album (still being added to)

Ry's Gallery

Moon Pixie's Gallery

Valura's Gallery

Enjoy my friends smile hug

Page: ......