Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
..... confused ...but new ... never dipped in fuel wicks would be safer than putting your clothes in your luggage! ... that's why we use kevlar/cotton for wicks... it dosen't burn away... it's the fuel burning in it that burns..... so... no feul... no fire... yeah..??? confused

....I still need to book flights... eeeek... hope I haven't left things too late... life has been hectic.... but arrrhhhhg .... cannot miss out.....

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i thought it was wool that doesn't burn without fuel and that cotton could burn?
it still sounds all screwed up anyways.

Do we sleep when we die?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yup.. Im gunna hide poi in my baggage.

*thinks about 12 thousand dollar fine...*

maybe not.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnor

Thats a but tricky with the new regulations. Have to see how tight they are.
Maybe carry a screwdriver to take wicks off if they get cranky. Now new wicks?????? confused

i suspect that trying to get a screwdriver on board as well wouldnt go down too well... wink

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I flew virgin blue on friday from Sydney to Adelaide and didn't have any problem....I had a staff bag with brand new wick in it and they didn't even look in it.

I think I told them they were unfinished broom stick handles...or something. I had flown from New Zealand earlier than day and had no problem either. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dentrassi

i suspect that trying to get a screwdriver on board as well wouldnt go down too well... wink

I will carry it in a locked sealed case in my luggage, with my stileeto heels...I promise
I reckon stileeto heels are more dangerous than a screwdriver....and firespinning

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
ok, its official. i cant come. i think i shall cry. i start clinicals that weekend. 2 weeks of unpaid work has to take precedence over a weekend of spinning. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Oh wow, this sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We always talked about a hop thing happening in Adelaide when I was there........................

Wish I wasn't in england for that weekend

Have a blast

Hugs and ..............gingerbread men

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ry

Badges badges badges badges
badges badges badges badges
mushroooom!! biggrin

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

I get it !!!!
That's funny!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
so...we gotta have roolly clean burnt wicks!? confused but...but! frown i'm confuzzled...what if i do what was suggested a lot earlier in this thread & put them inside a plastic bag inside a plastic container in the middle of my bag?

my new double headed poi don't have wicks that are screwed to a tube in the middle - they're all wick with cable holding it together! biggrin & they're NEW so i don't want to take the wick off anyway!! frown

can someone go fly virgin this week & let us know how you go please?? smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: Valura

bugger. Virgin blue have recently changed their rules on fire toys, you have to dewick your toys and clean them. ANY smell at all and your not permitted the toys on the flight and they have also said NO NEW WICKS!!! HUH? no new wicks? like wicking is dangerous. rolleyes this is inside info from someone who works for Virgin blue and since shapelle corby they have tightened their security BIG TIME.

Haha maybe they think people will smuggle stuff in wicks.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Update RE: my camping gear/car:

There is a possibility (at this stage, fairly high), that i may have lost my licence for the hop meet. If this is so, i should still be able to bring down two tents, but that will probably be all. SLight possibility of also bringing my swag, but that's an unknown.

*fingers crossed that it doesn't happen til afterward*

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
umm

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
MiG has a problem with his right foot, it contains too much lead biggrin

Do we sleep when we die?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
this time it was a lack of seatbelt wearingness.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Perth crew are hiring a car for the weekend to take us around. If you're really up the creek and all your paddles have long gone, we can give you (whoever) lifts. We're doing a couple of airport runs so could swing by and possibly pick up people in need.

Donno where we'll be till the day so if you think you may need our services, PM me and I can give you my mobile number to help co-ordinate things. smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I have asked Dexta to pass on my hugs, so if she comes up to you and identifies you then hugs you, it could be from me.
Its no trial to get hugs from Dexta, she is gorgeous and wonderful. biggrin hug

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
what??? no Gnor herself? frown

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnor

I have asked Dexta to pass on my hugs, so if she comes up to you and identifies you then hugs you, it could be from me.
Its no trial to get hugs from Dexta, she is gorgeous and wonderful. biggrin hug

YOUR NOT COMING?!?!

frown

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Gnor? eek confused

*poke* *poke* *poke*.. come on you better just say you are coming wink

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*crys enough to sink thread* ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I have had my head in the mud over not going but the logistics here are too much of a nightmare. Poor Lex is getting a flood of tears whenever we chat as I tell her the next saga of me not making it.
I was so sure I was going, then it was "working on it" now its crying that I am not getting to meet all the lovely people that I wanted to. So many hugs....

Its a medium length sad saga of blah blah blah....

But I will be spinning here for you all!!

Is it the Truth?

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

3,492 posts

Posted:
frown ubbcrying frown

ohh you are not coming? frown hug frown

was looking forward to meeting you*:. Stardust*spinny*magick*fluff* to you*:.

.... ummmm where was that transport info someone posted a link a little while ago??? confused... I'm looking at the possiblity of arriving in Adalaide on the Saturday morning... no i haven't booked the flights yet!!! eek eek eek is it far from the airport?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ITs not miles and miles from the airport. 2 buses. one into town and another out the other side. But because of Adelaide's wierd layout it shouldnt take longer than about an hour if the connections work out smile

You will need to be picked up from the bottom of the hill, but thats only about 5 minutes drive from the site, and should easily be arranged if you let us know approximately when you will be there. Take a sign saying "Common Ground" and you should easily score a lift even! smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

3,492 posts

Posted:
ok... maybe I missed posts with this info somewhere along the line... confused .... but where exactly am I catching busses to after i get off the plain?

"Take me to the bottom of the hill kind sir!" ubblol

...or "dose this bus go to common ground?" ubbloco biggrin ubblol wink

sorry if I'm being ditzy and missed this info (I haven't actually read *every* page of this thread redface)

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
no gnor!? eek *pout* bugger...well i'll just have to get my arse over to perth at some stage hey?! biggrin

also...i was watching some silly travel show last night & they visited some of the many wineries in the adelaide area...now...i love wine. i have 13 or so wineries within an hour of my house. so i would ROOOLLLLY love to check out the wineries while i'm in the region!

so...can i stay an extra night at the camping grounds? is anyone else staying a lil bit longer? not sure how i'll get to the wineries...i figure there might be a tour bus or something? or perhaps some other hoppers who like wine too??? biggrin

i'll stop rambling now & go check if i can change my flight...

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i think it's near montacute, if that assists any.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
as far as i know, its not really near any wineries

Do we sleep when we die?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, unfortunately I have to bail on common ground, as I have some family obligations that have .umm. taken me by surprise. If anyone wants to catch up in Melbourne for some club swinging or cheep accomidation, then I’m usually at the Wednesday meet up at Eddy gardens or pm.

Have a great time.

Cheers

Francis smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Page: ......