onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
hello .. can anyone spin 8 poi at once... if so what moves... I find it fun but very limited.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
with the four poi.. try to rake your hand like a claw.. fingers apart.. whilst doing this the poi will separate if you want them to regroup then keep your hand like a fist... have fun..

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
yes i can do 8 (oh im good)do 2 beat weave 3 beat weavehigh turnslow turnsi am working on and almost got the butterflyand some other junk hows abouts you?

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
hello, what is the difference between a 2 beat weave and 3 beat weave .With the eight poi I can do a hoziontal figure eight above the head and in front of my waistA verticle figue eight above and behind my head in in front of my face. Giant butterfly. 360' spin whilst weaving 360' spin with outstreached arms giant windmill horizontal windmill and assorted lameness..

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
gosh i am having difficulty spinning 1 poi in each hand... :-D you people rock if you can do all those moves with 8 poi!!! ;-)Simos

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I can do more hula hoops than you! No way! I can do four at once! I can do 6!girl 1 grabs six hoops and spins them round waist..almost falling over with the lack of symetry and flow..Once I was at a party, and a guy came round and asked to borrow everyones fire poi. ok we said...(being nice (but somewhat naieve ppl)) He then proceeded to wave 8 poi around...after a couple of minutes he got them all tangled into a flaming lump which he had to drop. of course all our handles got burned up. Yay for Moreisbetterman...what a hero.pity he couldnt even twirl 2 poi very well...More is not equal to better.Josh

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
I never said it was...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
nya nyanyanya nyaaa.I hereby sheepishly state that I do double crosses. My flow and symmetry are all in line, thanks for the concern josh winkHowever, I can't/won't/don't want to do 2 poi, let alone 8. methinks the moves be very different anyway.------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
well im reely good at useing 4 poi, 2 in each hand, i tryed 6 last night and couldent keep em seporated enough so i think that for now ill stick to 4. i can do the same moves with 2 poi as 4 poi as 6 poi, 4 just looks the best cos it spreads better.the only move i cant do with any more then 2 poi is the one handed bitterfly, but im working on it.and yes flash fire iz reely good with double crosses, i can bear whitness to that.anyway.keep up the flame grin and have a good spin------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...