Forums > Social Chat > THink i have a problem!

Login/Join to Participate

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
K I'm quite worried about it! I have a tendancy of eating the ends of my biro pens and often cant stop just biting bits off the end untill its so short the ink explodes everywhere! Its kinda worrying as has become more of an infectious habbit! When eva i pick up a pen its straight in my mouth!

Am i being silly or do i have a problem?

lol

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
Do you do it with other people's pens? I hate it when people do that. Maybe you should think of finding something else to chew, biros don't sound too healthy.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
try liquorish root, same chewy satisfaction but also tastes great! and a lot better for you than pens. The guy who sits opposite me at uni always steals my pens and starts to eayt them. I have to keep confiscating them. mmm someone elses drool, thanks! (thats sarcastic by the way!)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
and the teeth marks too. If you just drool on them they'll never know, but if they're good and chewed then they may suspect someone's been having a nibble.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Try painting your pens with that anti nail bitting stuff. Coz thats rank stuff. Stops me coz i chew my pens too. Nails also. It drive everyone mental. lol.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
or maybe try some will power, I hear it's great for stopping doing things you don't wanna do wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

177 posts

Posted:
I tried stopping since broke up for half term and it lasted i couple of days and then went to work and the habbit returned! I find myself picking up pens and automatically putting them in my mouth! I almost did it to a council pen when i went in and saw them today!!!

That Nail stuff is addictive also! My sister used it adn i loved the bitterness of it!!

Will have to try the will power thing again!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
I used to do that then I replaced it with biting my nails. Got a cool way for you to cure it smile

Do that thing that Jack does in pirates of the caribbean with a coin. The girl in Constantine does it at one point too. Flip it over the bit in between your knuckles and the middle of your fingers. Works best with a 2p (a bigger foreign coin might be better though).

It's really difficult at first but the more you do it the better you get at it. If you do it enough then you'll be able to do it without moving your fingers hardly and it'll look pretty damn cool.

Plus you can use it as an excuse for strengthening your fingers for doing poi when your somewhere you can't spin :-)

How useful am I? lol

177 posts

Posted:
MAn u are useful!!!

That sounds like a brill idea!! Would get straight to it but my hands are all swollen! Just been paintballing and my hands where good targets!!! 65 against 15 of us cause we had won awards in the previous games!! How mean and now feeling consequinces! Cant even slid my poi on my fingers as canes! The pain is bad jus typin!!

Will def try it wen hands unswell lol

cheers

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
you could always wear ginormous mickey-mouse gloves all day....

and if you manage to get addicted to those.. soak em in ether!

you'll trip all hard every time you go for a bite, you'll eventually stop...... or turn in to a vegetable....
i forget which

*shrug*
best of luck to ya!

~Z

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.