Forums > Meet Others > Glasgow (UK) spinners- I know you're there!

Login/Join to Participate

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey,
Now I know that there are lots of people living in Glasgow that own poi as they keep on selling out in the shop that sells them.

So where are you?!

There are nice people in Edinburgh who have a poi group but I'm sure we can get something more local going too! confused

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

PatroclusSILVER Member
spirito vagante
2 posts

Posted:
I'm through in Glasgow most weekends. I used to go to uni there so i still pop along to keep in touch with folks.

If you fancy having a spin sometime feel free to fire me a pm.
What shop sells poi? I went on a hunt for some and drew a blank.

bounce

just because something is simple, doesn't mean it isn't difficult

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
I'm in Glasgow.

You'll find me and a few other spinners here : https://www.glasgowjugglingclub.co.uk/

Also anyone's welcome to PM me about going to the park or somewhere to play with fire.

oh.. and you can buy poi at The Big Top at Charing Cross.

wave

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
cool, as soon as I get back into Glasgow I'll try that out!

For anyone that's intressted I spin in the park (kelvingrove) most sunday luchtimes-weather permitting, anyone intrested, let me know! biggrin

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

northernlightsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
poi's my toy and i will be moving to glasgow in august- would be great to PM you guys closer to the time to see if we might hook up...
been looking at home of poi for a while but only just registered so i could reply to this thread!
see you in the summer maybe?
ubbrollsmile

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey there, excellant to see the glasgow crowd finally coming out their poi shells!! defo up for meeting, gone to kelvingrove a few times to spin but its hard in the winter when its so dreary! just pm me. northernlights look forward to seeing u in the summer then!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys! just to let you know we're starting a spinning group up on sundays, in kelvingrove park (weather permitting). meeting 1pm by the tiger! Everyone welcome! biggrin

Ralph Waldo Emerson

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ok, so they've taken the tiger away now! after it being there for years too! Anyway in case you don't know where the tiger used to be its near the big fountain in the centre of the park

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
is this still happening on sundays for spinning? hey pricklyleaf u been going to the juggling club? they is having a party next week...oh yeah!

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Ok; I'm not pricklyleaf, but I can answer yes to all of the above.

Sunday spinning in the park is very much on and Miss Leaf has been going to the juggling club most religiously. biggrin

Sorry about not responding to this sooner; I was kind of expecting people to post in the thread in events, performances and gatherings rather than here. redface

See you at the party!

...oh yeah!

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey Northernlights, u arrived in Glasgow yet?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone else is interested in Glasgow. Come to the juggling club (which I am informed by the marvellous Pricklyleaf that the current influx of spinners is very strange). You can try other things as well as poi.

On another note, does anyone have any idea when the Sunday sessions in the park will start up again. I know the weather really isn't up to it tonight, but I'm not up to speed on the Glasgow microclimate. And, where is Kelvingrove Park?

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'll tell you all this next time I see you anyway, but the sunday spinning is kind of starting up again, although mostly its just me Andy and Sarah going to the park (more Sunday juggling then). If you want I'll get your number and let you know if we're heading over. And Kelvingrove park is the big park in the west end near the university, ask me if you want some directions biggrin see you thursday! Last time I went all the polish guys were there though (you know the ones that are really good at poi spinning - Sebastian and co.).

Its all a bit hit and miss, a case of - its Ok weather, do you fancy going to the park in an hour?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
yoyoyo, i cannot wait for the summer spinning to begin...i hate spinning in the cold, it doesnt actually warm me up...it makes my fingys sore! ouch! so i'll prob not be going for a wee while. the guy sebastian with the polish spinners are immense, dzien dobry to them if they read this too. im bringing the hoop to juggling wednesday i think, im really scared...its such a revolution....im a rebel!

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey glasgow kids, are any of you guys going to glasgow green on friday? the amazing poi guy from juggling (i forgot his name i think its chris) said they were doing a fire thing there and invited us along to see, let me know sk xx

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I went to the one last week, but I don't think I'll be going tonight as I'm sooooo knackered. I also hit myself very hard in the eye last night at tepooka, and I'm still recovering, don't want to risk doing it again!

Have a good time if you go though, it was good last week.

And yes, his name is chris, although I suspect it's spelt Kris, as he is polish.

See you next Wed, if you're going.

P.S, like you're new photo, although it's wierd seeing you with straight hair!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hellooo Glasgow peoples..
I will be in your city a fare bit over the next few months. I fly over from Aus in a couple of weeks...
Who is still around? Are there circus/spinning meets that I should know about?!
Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hi eveish, how do?

i'll be around, glasgow juggling is every wed and i think they do meet ups in the park. we sometimes go through to edinburgh too if you fancy joining us.

just message me

sheila