Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm Skye. I'm new to the board here.I wanted to tell everybody about the new Krill lamps I just tried out last night for the first time. I'm excited because I've been waiting for something like this for years. These are glowsticks that are powered by two AA batteries that sit in the center of a plastic tube surrounded by a 360 degree chemical light. I tried them out last night on my glowstaff and they were beautiful, just as good as any glowsticks I've used. They cost $25 US apiece but they run 50+ hours on one set of batteries and have 3000+ hours of lamp life. And they have an on and off switch! So great!Skye

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
No shit!!??!! where did you get them??and how big are they, and how many colors do they come in??drew------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
oh yeah...and welcome to the board...im about a week old here myself...Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
I got the lights from an online catalog called Brigade Quartermaster. I can get the direct order line from the company who makes the Krill lights probably by tomorrow. They come in blue, green, yellow, orange and red I think.

Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, the lights are like five inches long and an inch in diameter.Skye

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
Keep in mind, Kriana is the company that has taken over 2 months to send my order. I'd advise getting them from another source.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
id like to check those out...i need a red blue and yellow....Superman colors...yeaaahhSuper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hi Skye...there was an earlier thread (i think by adam) saying that krill lamps can break relatively easily on impact - just thought i'd let you know so that you are careful with them...happy swinging,Simos

Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the tip, Simos.I've got a section of clear thick vinyl tubing attached to each end of my stick and I put the lights inside them. I hope that will provide some extra cushioniing.In any case I'll try hard not to drop the things.Skye

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I was thinking the same thing. I collide the glowsticks alot. And when they are being spun that fast them force has to be greater than it bieng drop teasted from 50 ft..woohoo.Id be breaking them with in 10 minutes..What kind of tubing are you putting aroundm them?? Can you elaborate??------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
The tubing is this clear vinyl stuff I found at one of those HomeDepot superstores. It's lkie what they use to channel water jets in hottubs and baths.I think they had it from 1/4" up to 1" diameter, sold by the foot. It's pretty curly in long lengths, but when you cut in in foot long sections it only retains a slight curve. Kind of like one of those Japanese curved-blade spears is what it kind of reminds me of.Skye

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Welcome Skye!I think i know what type of tubing you're talking about... Is it sorta flexy? Like it bends really easy but would be like impossible to tear? The only thing i don't like about tubing is, it messes with the light, and it doesn't look as good with'm on. Krill lights sounds pretty cool, but yea, i'd break'm just like supa'man winkGlowsticks are a bit expensive after you start using them for a while [i only break out new ones for parties/raves, and use my old ones to practice with], but are tried and true ^__^------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

Raffimember
1 post

Posted:
yo, welcome, im new too, my first post, but thise krill lights sound cool, i want some, how would i go about doing it(ie. web site, phone number of company) cuz i really want a set smileplease reply...Raffi?------------------"And the last run survivour stalks his pary in the night, and hes watching us out of the eye...of the tiger

And the last run survivour stalks his pary in the night, and hes watching us out of the eye...of the tiger

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
The problem my friend encountered with the krill lights (I haven't used them myself) is that the battery got jarred around inside the light and cracked some internal circuitry. This is not something the vinyl tubing can prevent, I don't think.I have tried these LED bladelights that were mentioned elsewhere (got 'em from www.extremeglow.com). These are much cheaper than krills. Now, mind you, I broke one of these (and I don't mean cracked some internal circuitry, I mean snapped in two) when I went into an overhead butterfly a little too energetically and smacked them together. Also bear in mind that these are pretty long (8" or 20 cm), and are not equipped with any kind of hook or loop--I adapted mine using hose clamps and D-rings.Malcolm mentioned that he's getting heavier-duty ones made up specifically for twirling, and when they are available, I think they'll be the best route to go.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy