Page: ...
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
surely if just the 2 of you were to meet up, it's class as a meet!? the clue is in the name people! tongue

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
oh ok so technically 2 people getting together is meeting but come on isn't it nicer if we get 10-12 people.

Bird you seem to spend a lot of time in the Cymru thread. Are you sure you don't want to move here? ubblol tongue

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hi ghost, never been to the union meets thing so don't no whether I have met you or not . . . didn't realise there was one, when do they meet . . .

On the point of circus skills stuff and somewhere to practice... Was chatting to a friend last night and found out there is a circus skills/ poi etc thing every week in a community centre just round the corner from me on THursday nights 8 - 10 and only a quid, plus they let you play with fire in the carpark . . . so will be going along . . . have any of you folks been along before / fancy going . . . They also play uni cycle hockey

1,643 posts

Posted:
depending on where round the corner is from you... my brother's been to one on thursday night before, someplace. he didn't say anything about uni cycle hockey though!! not that i have a unicycle or am able to ride it... if you do go though let us know what it's like from your 'poi'-nt (ubblol oh dear...somebody shoot me...) of view, because i don't think my bro was too impressed, he's stopped going...

Skully, i think Bird is stalking you, that's why he's here... either that or he's just taken a wrong turning somewhere around bristol biggrin

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
Nope! you're both wrong! our accents are silly enough in Cornwall, I just like being nosey! (and its all celtic anyway) tongue

ghoststranger
7 posts
Location: Cardiff during term time, Dorset (England) during ...

Posted:
whoa, wait, I've been imported from england...I'm only here for uni, I'm not actually welsh. Does that mean you're going to lynch me if I turn up?! I chose a Welsh uni of my own free will, is that worth brownie points?
Anything to avoid a lynchin' umm I get worried enough about that when Wales play England at rugby!

So, where's round the corner from you, MattyB? And the student union poi/juggling/staff/whatever club is on saturdays at 12 in the big hall thing. Or at least it was last term. Student union website not forthcoming with new details, may have to email them

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol Ghost hun I'm an import too! Although my family did come from Wales I was born in *whispers* england. So there will be no lynchin's.

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
not only that!

*points at Skully*

She's an Essex girl!!!! tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well thats not entirely true. I was born in leicester. I just lived in Essex when I was growing up.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Well I am an import too, from Cheltenham, england - so looks like there really isn't that many welsh spinners in here at.... though I have been at cardiff uni since 1998 so 6.5 years living here should give me some credit . . .

I live just off Newport Road (Splott direction) , just round the corner is City Road, behind the Tut ' n' Shive
Saturdays aren't much good as I am noramlly out and about but would good to know of on those crappy rainy days where nopthing much else can be done...

Cardiff Caznewbie
1 post

Posted:
hey, have just found this thread, am living in cardiff and looking for poeple to spin with... need to learn to stop hitting myself.... : )

xxx

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey there , Welcome to HoP . . . I think there is a plan brewing for next saturday, not sure of the details yet though. . .
I have only recently signed on to this website, everyone seems really friendly though . . .

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I have decided I am going to go along to this circus thing/poi thing behind the tut 'n' shive . . . I only kinda know one person that is going to be there. . . If anyone fancies joining me, I have no idea what it will be like, but they do let you play with fire in the carpark, I can meet people in the tut 'n'shive at 7.30 pm ?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Christ on a bike, it's like a blookin cardiff explosion in here!! I dunno....

*looks all rememberantly*

*I remember when you wanted a spin in cardiff it was hard work gettin people to play, no one for miles, all feilds as far as the eye could see, jumpers for goalposts...etc etc* ubblol

I deffo won't be down for your gathering on the 28th but I will be at some other point soon. Quite soon infact, sometime in March. Ross won't be there for the 28th either cuz I'm stealing him for the weekend mwahaahaaa we have secret things to do....shhhhh.... biggrin

kiss

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Dunc please don't tell us what you and Ross get up to...... *shudder* Its bound to involve sheep worship!

Hi Cardiff Caz. Welcome to Hop

What is it with you Cardiff people and putting Cardiff in your screen name? Is it so you don't forget where you live? Oooooo I better change mine to SkullyMiddleOfNowhere. ubbrollsmile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Well i tried, mattyb but that was already taken frown

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... i haven't got cardiff in my screen name, maybe i should add it and we can be like a gang....

so how many poiple have we actually got now then? is that 6? ye gads, it seems, Dunc, that we have indeed progressed past those days of jumper goalposts umm and uh... stuff. that's the wonder of t'internet i guess...!

matty> am thinking that does sound a lot like the one my bro went to, but i shall check with him on that, maybe he still goes...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
But you don't live in Cardiff Non so you can't put Cardiff in your name! It would remind you to go home to the wrong place!

1,643 posts

Posted:
that is true.... and generally cardiff would be the place where i'd be trying to get home from.... - yes you're quite right i shall leave it out... unless everyone wants to change their name to enternameherewithin10milesofCardiff so we can have a gang? oh no but wait then skully, you live too far out.... never mind, i'll come up with a fabulous gang name, just you see, we could even have a secret poister salute! tongue
oooh... it's all going a bit enid blyton... umm

hey, do you guys realise this is now the second longest topic in this thread?! the only longer one being the australians and that's surely because of sheer quantity... we must talk a lot...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
of crap.

Absolutely!

Hell I'm not even from Wales and I'm in here so it must be full of random warblings! ubblol

And Skully spank That's for being rude tongue

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
can i come and play with you and ross dunc in whales?

cos im all shy and dont wna to go on my own!?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Of course you can young Master Step, although it'll have to be Ross who says yes seeing as it's his house an all but I say AYE! biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
spank Thats for you Dunc..... just because biggrin

Mech hun, please please please come and play with us in Wales!
If Ross can't put you up and you don't mind a train journey back to mine you can stay with me (if you don't mind half renovated houses and cats)...... I hope you're bringing Narr with you!

Dunc tell us a date you lot can come over and I'll try to get something organised.... you may have noticed we welsh spinners aren't really all that good at organisation ubblol

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

of crap.

Absolutely!

Hell I'm not even from Wales and I'm in here so it must be full of random warblings! ubblol

And Skully spank That's for being rude tongue

well duuuhhh... what on earth else would we want to talk about?? but like skully says, we're all a bit disorganised, so we have to fill the space with something biggrin

i'm sure someone told me that the welsh are world renowned for being a bit random, can't see what all that's about meself.

but hey! everyone wants to come now...! bounce

Jeanienewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Yep you guys are kinda disorganised.if you wanna meet up send me a private message and ill start doing some serious organising.just give me your e-mails or something (im 16 and a girl not 45 old dirty must touch flesh man,sorry if there r any of you out there dont mean to offend)We must do something.you seem to be heading towards cardiff??bit chilly and snowy at the mo though?

Luv ya all x x x

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
With every will in the world Jeanie you will never get me to be organised..... unless you have the power of voodo ubblol
I'm Flakey and proud of it! Flakies of the world unit and..... um...... ummmmm..... I forget..... lets just have a cup of tea biggrin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Jeanie

Yep you guys are kinda disorganised.if you wanna meet up send me a private message and ill start doing some serious organising.just give me your e-mails or something (im 16 and a girl not 45 old dirty must touch flesh man,sorry if there r any of you out there dont mean to offend)We must do something.you seem to be heading towards cardiff??bit chilly and snowy at the mo though?

Luv ya all x x x

A new me to keep you lot in check....!

Gayle.....!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cool, ill talk to the narr lady, and then let yous all kwno whats going on, ill ask ross at the weekend, and then go from there...

so whats the play for a play date then, meet up and play?

meet up, go for drinks, and chat go play

meet early in day, chat teach, play?

Step (el-nombrie)

1,643 posts

Posted:
*sigh* i just came on to ask whether we're all still up for mini meet this saturday... and then it began to snow and rain simultaneously... umm sooo... are we?

as for the huger meet that seems to be organically growing here, uh... dates> well i guess it depends when Dunc is coming down, so when might that be mr.?

as for the uh... timetable... Mech, that sounds a little bit too organised for any of us, better ask Jeanie biggrin ubblol

matty> are you still going to this thursday night thingy? 'cause i might just come along... i'll pm you with my number or summat if you're still going...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yep I am still planning on going along... its been along time since i have played with the poi . . . so need to get them spinning again . .esp. now am going to falmouth . . as I said can meet beforehand or there if you know the place. . .

Page: ...