Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pitman

Stacey - your sock poi are way to heavy.

Dave - what ones did you buy. the only socks i have ever paid for are the white socks from here. there nice to use but a little to bouncy.

adz - when you guys came to Cardiff (with gums and gizmo and that) same field but the top end. we span in a car park ich was good as the field was boggy. Ryan and his misses cam down as well. plus little jess and her mum were spinning and juggling with us and not forgetting tom the dog.

next weekend I'm busy but the weekend after that i could probably meet for a few hours. i would recommend driving down as it will be better for you as its a bit of a walk from the station.

so next meet is the 17th at poncana fields at the car park. which shall further been known as cardiffs meet spot.

whats everyone up to. I'm in uni on my lunch. I'm falling a sleep. been a weird weekend. sat was good but yesterday my grampy was having epileptic fits all day. so had to sort that out.

They are just like the ones you have.

I'm up for the 17th and there is no way I am walking again saying that I probably will.

I am procrastinating in work whilst writing up my disseration, going over a few finer points prior to a meeting with my lecturer on Thursday, hope to hand it in, in May.

Poi Padawan

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
Dave: ah, ok then, you should have said UV in the beginning then! lol and if you have money to burn then screw burning it and give it to me! trying to pay for download tickets and £450 for prom outfit... so can't afford it! lol

Mike: he is a beginner, dont be encouraging him to start fire yet! lol we actually would like him to survive long enough to learn stuff! haha

Pitman: no they aren't! lol blame NOn, i used hers first so got used to the weight, although think mine are a bit heavier than hers :s the other ones that i have are a lot lighter anyways.

the 17th is weekend after next?? i should be able to make it, anyone feel like walking from town with me, since i can't drive n all :s

i'm not up to much, should be revising history but couldnt be bothered so on here instead biggrin ekk bout your grapmy, hope he is ok now?? i dont like people haviong fits, my neighbour has them all the time and her 3 kids are really young, so its scares them a lot. not nice.

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Ah this is true as a Upstanding member of the community i shouldnt tell people to jump strauight into fire so practise first kids then set balls on fire.

Stacey i found the perfect wieght for me is a juggling ball nice swing to them then.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

1,643 posts

Posted:
so is that another meet on the 17th then? that's st paddy's day, who will be bringing the crate of guiness??...

heavy poi are so the way to go, 'specially if you want to do lazy poi like me biggrin

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I am desinging a flyer atm so a small question did anyone mange to get any pics of welsh english border meet?

1,643 posts

Posted:
ask in the thread methinks... don't remember anyone taking many photos though particularly... i forgot to charge the batteries in my camera, which was a pain in the rear end...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i dont think anyone took pics as it pisssssed down all weekend.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Maybe the lightsaber fight i thought and the few times it didnt rain or the pub that was fun

916 posts

Posted:
Mike: haha, nice to see you have at least a tiny amount of responsibility in you!

Where can i get stuff like juggling balls from in Cardiff?I'm not a huge fan of internet shopping, only do it if i really have to.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
By them off HoP wink

1,643 posts

Posted:
ummm... HoP's on the t'internet mike wink and i'm sure there were cameras... even though it was pissing it down... i just don't remember who had them...

stacey> for juggling balls, route one (morgan arcade) cardiff games (duke st arcade) cheapo ones in the toy shop in royal arcade, or harpers bazaar or whatever it's called in queen street arcade/natural world. Juggling balls should be easy it's the other stuff like poi etc that's tricky to find.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
alternativly wait till the first fest u go to and buy them there

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
jades birthday is on the 18th so we should be able to come up see whats going on,my idea to meet i know lol,stacey im going to download also,i went last year and it was the best thing ever lol,juggling balls are great to put in sock poi as mike said,perfect weight,

non whats lazy poi?

pitman who is little jess and the other person you mentioned?

internet shopping is the only shopping i like doing,even tho i ahve had some problems with stuff ive ordered recently!

my mother bought a led torch the other day and i put it in one of my sock poi its amazing lights up the whole sock and its really bright and nice weight.i have asked her to get another lol only 4 quid!

ran out of things to say now lol.except buy my fire ropes!

to many freaks to little circuses!

1,643 posts

Posted:
lazy poi is get heavy poi because they spin slower which overall requires less effort... i have to think too fast if i have light poi biggrin

916 posts

Posted:
NOn: i would... if i knew where those shops were :S oh well, will have a nosey around town and find them somewhere lol

adz: little jess and her mum are people we met last weekend, jess's mum is the parkie biggrin i'm a bit annoyed that linkin park are headlining this year tbh, i mean, manson, slayer AND killswitch are going aswell, why coulnt any of THEM headline instead ffs?!

916 posts

Posted:
oh, and before i forget, how many of you are planning on going to PLAY festival this year?? i'm debating whether to go or not.....

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
There shouldnt be a debate in it i am going and ur welcome to join my tent village i am setting up of people i am goign with same goes for all you lot

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i might come to play see what happens with other festival,slayer suck so much they shouldnt even play,i aint to keen on kill switch so i aint bothered,linkin park are an awsome headline act and mason shoudl be headlining instead of my chemical romance because they are also terrible!

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: xXemogalXx

NOn: i would... if i knew where those shops were :S oh well, will have a nosey around town and find them somewhere lol

hmm.. 'k... well they're all in arcades which should narrow it down for you, look for toy shops and skate shops, you will probably happen upon one for them, or at least a juggling ball somewhere... smile

i don't get why there is any doubt about play, unless you have something hugely important already planned for that weekend, it is without a doubt worth it and probably the cheapest festy you will go to, ever again, so money shouldnae be an issue either... do it...

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
it aint money really its the fact i am going to download in june,nass the beggining of july,a festival nearish jades house in august and maybe leeds /reading to!lol

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well thats fine cuz play is at the end of july u can make it lol;)

916 posts

Posted:
lol thanks mike, i might take you up on that.

my chem are bloody amazing! going to see them in a few weeks biggrin

the money isn't the problem, the only reason i was doubting is coz i dont wanna end up on my own not knowing anybody there.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
mike i work full time lol i only get 20 days holiday per year,so it depends on if i can get time off or not.my chemical romance are utter and i mean utter poo!

1,643 posts

Posted:
there be far too many excuses being made here.... play is happy and huggy, and besides i'm going and you know me smile I'm with you on the holiday issue though adz, but you could even though official start is i think wednesday... take one day off come up friday, and stay weekend? :P slackers, play is compulsory biggrin

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
I get 37 days annual leave *grins* biggrin

I agree about the Chemical Romance they suck like a Dyson I was brought up on Greenday and Offspring and these in my opinion are still good biggrin

Poi Padawan

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean emogirl. Unless I manage to meet some of you before then and can get my mate to come along (because she can cook wink. ). I'm working on it...trust me.

I will only not go if I definately can't because I'm not missing out on eating free chocolate! And of course finally meeting poi people which I have been trying to do for a year, and I'm v sorry but I can't do Saturdays so listen to me and make it Sunday!!!...and preferably cardiff in a place im not likely to get too lost.

I'm pretty good at getting lost. Got lost in Heath yesterday and managed to go in the staff lifts by mistake. I had to ask 5 people to find out where I was going. And wow is there a lot of students walking around there!

Have fun on Sat tho, think of me, surrounded by cakes I can't eat, serving people who don't know the difference between a belgian bun and a danish pastry...people!

Oh yes, before I forget, I've managed to squeeze a poi session into my guide unit for their circus skills badge, so any good teaching info would be useful. I know from experience that I'm a terrible teacher tongue

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
come camp in my little village fairy i missed u at border meet we where in the pub i think.... I used to be a chef to Italain so i could try cookin a meal one night for everyone... might be intersting proper go round going ah ur eating sandwich we are eating food made by our professional chef

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
lol mike we all know you just want to have a little kingdom at play.We'll have to get you a crown or something. Ooo and a flag saying 'land of mike' or summat. i'm still pursuading my mate to come, coz it would be lonely in a tent by meself however many people there are in tents nearby. If you do an italian evening you've got to do the accent and dress up with a moustache and all wink.

and yes you were all in the pub tut tut. lol

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol i am up for that... the land of mike it is... i will grow a moustache and and dress up be fun to walk round in a suit and juggele lol...

916 posts

Posted:
well, it is settled, i am going to play biggrin now all i need to do is find some companions to travel there with ^_^ if mike is the king... that means you need a queen and a princess and a prince.... *cough**cough*

Page: ......