Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
'tis sounding like the 16th for Cardiff then biggrin but i have no ideas for location other than coopers field or around that area. some of us played with fire in that bit of park behind city hall once... that worked... or there's the bit in front of the museum also...

Aberavon sounds like it could be fun, make sure there's another one before the end of the summer!

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
Non there will be many more mate wink...

and YAY!!! pitman, sage,, i thank you both very much biggrin,,,we should have a good laugh now smile...

heres a route plan from cardiff to the site across the road from us, https://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp

if you still have troubles,, the pub across the road from the poi site we have is, called the Bay View, postcode = SA12 6QW

if you need any more help ill do my best smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
giz mate im coming on train from cardiff whats the station in the area and whats the directions from the startion to your place. and when we guuna see some pics or you gunna keep it a suprise. ryan is coming on sat to camp as well hes not really on hop but he came to the swansea meet and hes getting into staff. so whats the workshop during the day can i join and what level is it or is it just turn up and jam with teachers style? is it ok about other toys like staff and hat ect? poi during the workshop enough but its cool for the night right?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
non gutted you wont be there you should drop everything and come. and are we gunna have bonfire aint been to a night meet yet with a good bonfire

1,643 posts

Posted:
next time dude next time, giz says there will be one so all is well... but next one after that some advance warning for those who be needing to know.....

Cardiff, stone circle - Coopers Field (we can always move...), Sunday 16th July, 1pm

How's that for organisation?!?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
damm good but i still say no to coopers its not very good there at the moment i was filming there today and to many sketchy ppl and thats on a tue so a sat and sun will be stupid what about sophia gardens just over the bridge???

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
sorry for my delay guys,, i still havent had chance to get pics of the site, (been uber busy making final arrangments etc),,

pitman heres the directions from the train station (port talbot parkway) https://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp

all toys are accepted (after the workshops finish, sorry guys smile)

the workshop during the day is a basic intro to poi, but if anyone would like to learn any other moves at a advanced level after the workshops are over i can do my best smile,, (there free that way too wink lol ) your all welcome to spin with us while we run our workshops,,jam with the teachers etc.. see how it goes eh? smile...but after that,,its no holes barred poi all the way :P ,, we could have a bonfire on the beach later on too,,no problems with that,,

Non i agree it was a little short notice lol..soz guyz,, i`ll deff arrange more in the recent future,,with advanced warnings wink..

any one planning on coming down on the 1st, you can pm and i`ll send you my number incase you get lost wink...also i may be able to pick you up from train station,,but its a big maybe smile (its only 5mins drive away from our place nehow wink )

one question i got for you is,,are you all ok for bringing your own parafin,,?? i have a few tubs bought and stored etc,,so no worries if not smile.. but make sure to bring your sox :P

any more questions just ask away smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i will bring my parafin or what i got left of it. i think about 3L MABEY. confused me and ryan will be leaving acrdiff about 1ish so will be in time for the workshop and do we have to pay for the workshop? yay for the bonfire is always a must. and i have pm'ed u my number so can u send me yours just in case we get lost.

eek

p.s the link just goes to the search page u got an address or postcode we can use thanks
EDITED_BY: pitman (1151654337)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hi Gizmo,

My sister, a niece and I might come over... it depends on how busy the weekend gets for my sister (she is the driver). I'll PM you my number anyway so that we can make a better network of Welsh spinners.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
here is a link to a map to the Bay View accross the street. i'll be there around 4ish maybe earlier. thanks again gizmo

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
yay 16th at 1pm sounds fab lalala...wherever we go im going to need simplified instructions for my feeble brain lol

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hay sage is the red circle where its at?

and are you staying over?
EDITED_BY: pitman (1151670978)

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
red circle is accross the street from where its at and yes i probably am camping. i dont have fire poi yet and im down for spinning yours if the offer stands. non your going to miss my first fire spin, im devastated.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Sagetree I have a pair of these heads but no chain for them. You are welcome to use them if you can find some chains and handles for them. If I make it over at the weekend I'll bring them with me. They have only been burned a few times. I bought Cathedrals soon after I got them, so they just got relegated to the bottom of the toy bag. They may as well get used by someone rather than sitting around waiting for the moths to eat them.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
fisrt of skully your a very nice person lol you have to come on the week end u thought me quite a bit it an hours or so, so over a weekend u could be a leac and copy ur every move and become better than you oooohahahahaha (little finger at side of mouth)

second sage u can use them when ever you want mate

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
lol.. you lot are mad :P...

yeh that map sagetree posted is spot on,, im not sure on a post code tho,,the bay view is SA12 6QP i think smile....

im currently pm-ing you all my number,,all though,,get to aberavon beach front,, drive up and down and you will see us, we are pretty close to fracos chip shop,,next to a big wooden play park castle thing,,:)

skull it would be great if you could turn up too smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so what is your land like have you got grass or concret? n e thing in there or just open and is it fenced off

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
thats a very generous offer, thanks skul. i have some ball chains and i'll use em if you bring em.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
its a big 30ft by 30ft-ish square, fenced off and its concrete,, its a big open space biggrin...

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
oh damn...i totally forgot. boohoo im not free...and i cant get out of it

i will be free on sundays after the 24th lol so hopefully i can make the next one

gutted

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"fisrt of skully your a very nice person"

ubblove

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
ucof u no i only love you

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and I only love Skully, thus, you love Skully too.
Its how it works tongue wink

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
what a meet. you should have all come to port talbot, it was amazing music all night amazing photos of fire poi in the sea ect pics to come shortly. wanna say nice one to gums for the hospitality.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
We turned up today but couldn't find you and Gizmo's phone was turned off... ah well.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
awww man,,skully,,soooo sorry about that, frown,, personally im only just waking up,,we pulled a all nighter and it was exellent, but very tiring,,lol... i wanna thank pitman, ryan, sage, ann and dillan for making it such a groovy night,:), i will deffinatly organise another one,, and this time i`ll try and sedate gums so he stays still for 2 minutes at least lol :P.. thanks guys biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah little dillan rocks hes gunns be the next world greatest spinner! and leave gums alone its all about the hyperness lol yeah was a sick weekend

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
lol..yeh it rocked,,:D.. dude you know i think we used like either 8 or 12 litres of parafin lol..

i think we all learned some cool stuff,, that ttn bf each side thing you showed me was cool...if my arms wernt as dead as they are now i would give it another go,,maybe tomorrow lol :P

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
sage whats happning wih these pics? are they any good and when can i have some?

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
pitman - i just sent you some picture, let me know if they went through ok

gizmo - send me your email, i lost the one you wrote down. the webpage on the flyers doesn't seem to work, you might want to check that out.

the pictures came out really nice. i'm putting together a video of some footage. we had an awsome time, thanks to everyone who came especially gizmo and gums for the music and hospitality. i love spinning fire and i can't wait for the next meet. *runs off to order fire poi*

theres a couple pictures from the meet in my gallery
EDITED_BY: sagetree (1151930084)

Page: ......