Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
* If you're coming from Town on Quay Street (Where AMC Cinemas, Opera House & Bar 38 are)*

- turn left at Granada Studios building (Big Red Letters on top of the Building)

- Keep walking to the (you'll pass the Museum front with the big shiny metal ball at the front) at the end of the street turn right and look for some stone steps. You'll see a canal, some flats and an outdoor theatre type thing...

*If you're coming down Whitworth Street*
Carry on walking down past the Hacienda Apartments, When you get to Deansgate Station cross the road and walk along the cobbled walkway, the canal should be on your left, after a series of bars and restaurants you wanna cross the canal and you'll find us...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
ooohhhhhhhhhh cheers

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Nice one Dave quality directions!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
oh yes, with the Whitworth Street Directions, you wanna be following the trainline (not the Metrolink!) and you wanna end up on the other side of the trainline after the cobble pavements...

Where ARE you coming from Jaysus?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
err picadily but i think im gunna take the whitworth street way

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Cool! Oh yeah, when I say 'flats' I meant flags/cobbles etc...

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFHso4ihcLw

Found this guy in argos now I've found him on youtube

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
 Written by: house_of_mill

Found this guy in argos now I've found him on youtube

Hehe, that's f***ing wicked biggrin

~aFx

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: house_of_mill

Written by: Brit_Joe

oh...why is everyone making it sound like a 20 min walk?

For sure its like a 3 min uni ride!

I'm up for the T4 thing Nail in the nose = useless party trick!

I do a simalar trick, but I get nailed in a different oraphis ubbangel

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Orifice, i think you'll find...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
could someone plz make your minds up where everyone is meeting up . are we having the poi meet up at castlefleid and what time are all meet up.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Its castlefield as far as I'm aware

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i'd have thought the gasworks would have made a better venue, with the weather being as it is lately. but i won't be geting there till later on anyway, so i can just call ahead and see where you guys are.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
SORRY GUYS ANOTHER MEET I CANT MAKE COZ IM WORKING OVERTIME AGAIN... SORRY, im making a trip to london in january though and does anyone know of any people in london i would be able to crash at for a couple of nights?

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
aimeeeeeeeé, pige i think too, FRD

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, unfortunately I can't make it again either, I'll be up in Glasgow for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to make a meet soon in the new year though.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
hi what time is everyone meeting up on sunday

and does anyone do staff

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
No no-one does staff, staff is gay. tongue

If i'm right, Jaysus is Phil from West Kirby/Chester/Liverpool?

There are loads of staffers an they are reely good (see what i did there?)

See y'all Sunday, I needs hugs...

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
nope im jay from leigh ah well

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Whichever Jay you are come to the meet!

Just checked the weather report and it seems that Gasworks is probably better as it looks likely to be a torrential downpour...

Just leave it to the weather to decide on Sunday.

- If mild or even Sunny - Castlefield

- If wet & Miserable - Gasworks!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
so would it make sense for us to meet at the gasworks, and if it looks promising move down to castlefield?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
My God!!!!

A Plan!!!!

ubbrollsmile ubbloco

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

i expect to see tou all there guys! *points finger*

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Havokist

so would it make sense for us to meet at the gasworks, and if it looks promising move down to castlefield?

I'm good with that. Though I KNOW that HOPpers will be far too lazy to move once they've settled even if the weather is nice. Especially when they remember Locos is less than a minute away... smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
everyone has gone a bit quiet frown
how am i suposed to lurk if no body is talking hu hu hu!!!!!

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
Hey guys.

Just have got loads of new stock in

Master flower sticks (hard wood Lunastix)£25 + £2 p&p

Wizzard flower sticks(fibreglass Lunastix)£30 + £2

Glow in the dark flower sticks in orange, green and yellow (Lunastix) £25 + £2 pnp

Glowsticks £2 each or 3 for £5

Atom strobe poi 50hz £20

65mm GENUINE Kevlar wick (None of this afflecs palace esq stuff) at only £5 a metre + £1 p&p. Buy 2 metres and get free postage !!!!

If youre interested in purchasing anything please let me know smile

thnaks

Tone xxx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bloody hell Tony! You really are going off on one! When I get paid I MIGHT get myself one of those Glow in the Dark Flower sticks! biggrin

Good luck with everything mate! hug

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
How was it, you guys have fun? We having another before christmas?

Im itching to go to one now having missed this one and by some miracle of god ive still got money in my bank this far into the month. And and and and and and thanks to my wonderfull grandmother ive got some home made glow-tails! Which ive yet to see the finished product they are sleeping in a bag in her dining room.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
well you lot suck

only the devoted turned up and a nice little meet we had without you all ha ha ha

mawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Sorry didnt turn up, how did it go, im going to manchester tomorrow to see tenacious D, anyone else going besides Pete?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian