Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
so i even changed the first post smile

so meeting any time after 2pm as it gets dark sooner

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Hi. I'm hopefully gonna come along to this. Do you mean at Castlefield arena? I won't know any of you but shall I just come over and say hi?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
On this occasion we will be meeting at Castlefield arena and yes just come over and say hello to people. Everyone is really laid back and friendly, the more the merrier.

Text messages goiong out to the off-line masses (who I have numbers for) tomorrow biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
Im heading home on monday and will be back on sunday morning ( that is if i wake up early enough to catch my flight). I'll try to find my way there and will find out who's face matches who's doda thingy
( looking up google for map)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's that open air theatre thingy next to the Museum of Science & Industry (specially the Industrial Hall)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
oh, i was their a week or maybe 2 ago. isn't it the place were you take the tram from in picadilly?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Nearest tramstop is at Deansgate Station...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
i'll try and make it for about 2 but i'm always late
I think it runs in the family?
anyway thanks

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hope the weather's like today - cold crisp and clear - mmm biggrin wave

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll definitely be there.

Should be able to spin some fire this time too as its dark a lot earlier now.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Seye... Do you think it's time you dusted off the firepit? biggrin

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

yeah the firepit is a good idea, i bring cake to met up. i hope i can bring my new fire poi to light up n play with.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
If I bring the fire pit a couple of people will have to help me get it all from he car. I have plenty of wood though.

I think it might have to be done as its getting damn cold up here now!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
We will ALL help, as long as i get to toast Tobi again...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Cool, sunday 12th at castlefield. see everyone there I guess. Hmm isnt it near a train station too, which one is that?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
ill try and be there on the 12th, i think the only thing that could stop me is my eye suddenly exagerating its infectedness and asking to be amputated. and what an opportunity for an adventure, searchin for castlefield, i shall get my explorers hat out

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Yay for adventures. smile

Although I may have to turn up late, or turn up early and then disapear for a few hours as I have family visiting on the sunday afternoon who want to go for a meal for my birthday as it will be the last chance they get to see me before I leave for Oz.
Which, inccidentaly, is all set. I leave Manchester on Sun 19, and my flight leaves heathrow on Monday 20th. Returning on Tuesday 22 May. bounce

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think it's better to turn up late than leave halfway through as some time would be wasted on the journey there and back and there again. Depends on what time they plan this meal...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i reckon we should meet in piccadilly gardens and then goto castlefield cos i dont really know where it is either, so would be handy if someone who does know the way could lead a merry band of players

im gonna try and get people from keele circus society and other stoke people up, but i dunno how much chance there is of draggin them up

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well if you jump onto Platform 14 and get any train that gets to Deansgate some of us would be able to meet you there!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
that sounds entirely possible, sort summat out nearer the date

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah i wont be coming to the next meet im kinda giving spinning a break,work and all its all getting abit same'e and i dont wana get bored so i thought a break from it would be cool anyhoo hope to see you around town or at monster im going back to being a bartender for a while then in jan going off to be a soilder again drop me a line somtime im trying to sort out a group of poeple to come to air soft on the 12th of this month if anyone's up for it email me.... mikec1687@hotmail.com thanks guys...
mike.c

oh and kyle mumble all you want you'll still be ginger when you wake up in morning...

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mikey mikey the meet is the 12th so come instead of your airsoft? You know you wanna!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Don't know if I can make this I'm afraid. Got lots of work to do that needs to be in the next week. I shall have to see closer to the time. Fingers crossed though.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
awww thats a shame frown

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Wow! Sounds like this is going to be a good meet. Don't know why but it feels like ages since I have been to Manchester. Definitely coming to this one!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
can anybody give me the postal code for castlefield, or one near it? i wanna test my tom tom out on sunday!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
M3 4FP tongue

See ya tomorrow in the Krazyhouse. Where you gonna pick me up from in Liverpool or should Lowan do it who lives closer to town centre pick me up? Or you gonna do a convoy?

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
M3 4NQ liverpool road which is where castlefield is

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oooh, different postcodes! I got mine by searching for the Museum of Science & Industry!