Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
*copied and pasted from my thread*

Hi, I'm coming to PLAY from israel with 3 friends and my dad (and i have another friend who might be coming).
we're landing in manchester airport on 22:15 on the 23rd of july, 2 days before PLAY, and i want to ask if anyone knows of somewhere we can sleep on the 23rd and 24th, and if there'll be a manchester meet on the 23rd/24th?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly I am unlikely to be able to help with crash space, esp not for 4/5 people.
A meet on the 23rd will propably be unlikely if you arrive that late. THe 24th should be more than doable though, but will be better organising that nearer the time.

I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out though.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
but as he's probably the best spinner ever to grace us with his presence I reckon we should take advantage of that, at least for an hour or so before imbibing - whaddya reckon?
......Erm - ium happy to have a play and show a few things, but I seriously doubt my so called credentials!! - always happy to share skills and a few beers though!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Beer it is then beerchug biggrin ubblol
If the weather doesn't improve somewhat, don't think we'll get much spinning done shrug Bring a brolly Rob ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Can you tell me more about the full moon thingy in Preston? Sounds fab and should be able to get there with a pal.

Cheers smile
liz x

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's in Avenham Park near Winckley Square. The gathering itself is in a section called the 'Tram Stop' and starts at 8pm but I'm likely to get there maybe 6:30-7 to spin whilst it's daylight...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Money's tight right now, but I should be able to afford 1 or 2 drinks tomorrow night.

As for Sunday, I will probably be there later, rather than earlier due to some family commitments that have just arisen this weekend.
Will probably arrive sometime after 6 ish. Really lookinf forward to seeing everyone again hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi people
Well im holed up in Lublianna airport for 6 hours!!! stop-over from my 4am start, with no sleep and a 5 day festys come-down!!! Not sure what sort of state im gonna be in when I arrive....But hope to make it for a beer
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Will feed you up to give you strength - how does beans on toast sound ubblolubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
A couple of my favourite quotes of the evening were:
"Broken glass, rats and dead trees... welcome to the Gasworks" - Wild Child

"What's the point of a satnav that doesn't work if there's trees or tall buildings?" - FireNix

There were a few more but i'm too sleepy to recall them now...

Meh

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubblol

A couple of seriously good Jenisms too but I'm also too sleepy for recall - didn't get home til 12.30, on a school night!

Nice meet tho' - small but beautifully formed biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought of another one that had me in stitches for ages:

"... I was shocked to find out that Brett is only 21. I thought he was closer to my age.... about 23 or 24...ish..." - Steaks

The looks on everyone's faces when Jenna was explaining that she and AJ are essentially working for loan sharks was priceless too biggrin

Much mirth and giggling was done by all smile

Meh

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I thought the best one from Jenna was when she was explaining about the ferrets biggrin

Was a fun night though. Good to see the few that turned up

Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys! So my course is finally coming to an end! I've got 2 weeks left then I'm freeeeeeeee!

So is there going to be a meet between, say now, and the start of July (when I'm jetting off to South Africa for a month).

And I can finally stop being rubbish, and actually have enough time to come biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
There is one on Sunday at the Gasworks from around 3pm ish smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Cantus

The looks on everyone's faces when Jenna was explaining that she and AJ are essentially working for loan sharks was priceless too biggrin

But she's helping people with 'Debt Management'! rolleyesubblol

Not sure I'll make this Sunday - 'pends on weather/time for garden/general knackedness. Might just turn up for the pub biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I seem to have gained a throat infection so I'm not sure I'll be able to come out and play on Sunday neither, as don't want anyone else to suffer (it's especially icky). although my evil side wants me to go and to lick everyone's faces so they get good and infected too ubbangel

I remembered another little gem from the car journey:

Jen - "Dog stadium?"
Elaine - "yes, where they race dogs. Dog racing."
Jen - "oh, I thought you meant Dog Football..."

ubblol

Meh

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubblolubblolubblol

That's at the Jenism, not you poor icky thoat hug but your evil side can take this spank spank

Euonymous Europeus

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dave - "you'll just have to shave all your hair off biggrin"
Bubbles - "But then I'd be bald. I don't want to be bald ubbcrying"
Cantus - "You could just wear a swimming cap?"
Bubbles - "Then I'd look like a smurf frown... ubbidea If I was blue biggrin"

Meh

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
take some doctor pills and come and play, you big Fwaggle, you...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Rubbish! I can actually come and hardly anyone else can!

Well, I'll see some of you on sunday!

(hope you get better soon Cantus hug2

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol how about a smurf with a swimming cap? rolleyes

oh dear, it was a long day...

so yeah, will try for sun smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
The weather has been so glouriouse, no one has any excuse not to come. See you guys there, any chance of meeting up before hand and getting a drink in the sun? Would be a shame to waste

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Me and the missus should be arriving to the gasworks about 5 or so okey dokey

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
eek

wills coming
wills coming bounce ubblol

looks like i will be then, need to get my stuff wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
anybody into meetin at picadilly gdns then going from there, im thinking of coming

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Psykotik2912newbie
26 posts

Posted:
Aww, what the hell, I think I'll turn up.

Granted, I do very little spinning during the days I'm there, prefering to stick behind the viewfinder... But I might try my hand at it again. Depends... it's been a long day today, could do with a good sleep.

General time seems to be around 3pm-ish, so if I can make it, I'll be around for that time smile

R

Artwork that is only about wanting to be famous will never make you famous. Any fame is a by-product of making something that means something. You don't go to a restaurant and order a meal because you want to have a ****. - Banksy

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Psykotik2912

prefering to stick behind the viewfinder...

nothing wrong with that biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Simta, you know I would, but I can't make it until 7-8pm this evening.
Will deffinatly be there though smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ooh rank, i feel too rough to go anywhere today, im out. Staying at home and recovering before this cold takes hold, weathers not nearly as good as it was yesterday by the looks of it anyway. Have fun *sneeze*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?