BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
that horizontal halo-limbo is quite nice biggrin Tired it on saturday no problem it's like a horitontal Jesus with an extra half beat isn't it?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Yep, without the turning though. Try the four point one too, feels less forced and I reckon the staff can be made more vertical with practice.

I'll have to try some long exposure shots of the move. It should look like an anti-spin dome floating over your flailing body.

Pretty smile

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
biggrin cool, without the turn is hard though lol you are too bendy, I take it you use your shoulder to bring it back the other way....
I can't get my head around the 4 point yet, probably need to see it done but won't ask for video, I need to practice my text visualisation with staff anyway ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

329 posts

Posted:
The reason I don't totally like video is that in between trying to understand text and practicing someone normally comes up with a slightly or totally different move to the one originally discussed. Two (or more!) moves for the price of one!

Of course for this to work out everyone has to see the moves at some point....

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
the origami anti-wrap is a full metric tonne easier than the chest halo version.

totally with you on the hip lock around the back to other hip lock or back up the back.. maybe it wouldn't be so hard to get into a really low andre matrix...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm fun time at juggling soc..

sorted out backside luceros, which ended up with trying frontside/backside combos, into all sorts of things, and generally looking like i knew what i was doing wink

front side angels went clean, as did backside angels, and a nice vertical steve variation.

the turning angelroll thing.

doubles foot catch and throw variations (waiting in vain for strugz to turn up with the camera)

a double horizontal throw.

er....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
incidentally, i laughed out loud at will being told that '....it's called a roll, by the way...' on yootyoob

329 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Chronofracture333

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chronofracture333

... and that baton moves only go up to level five.

My moves go up to level 6, that's like 1 harder...

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
why bother with staff, when you can learn this, instead:

Non-Https Image Link

i know, offtopic but it's late....

what exactly are baton levels? could you explain them somewhere? (not here)

329 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Chronofracture333

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Got my first proper Matrix last night!
Left the juggling club feeling elated, had a pint of Guinness, and later, whilst waiting for the bus, hooked up three Matrixes in a row!
Is there a correlation between Guinness imbibed and Matrix ability?
Perhaps it relaxed my muscles a little.

Anywho, Matrixes, yay!
smile

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I learnt some throw variation where you do a figure 8 with 1 staff and do under the arm throws with another one, can do it both sides but am having a little difficulty linking left and right.
oh and frontside luceros biggrin they are MUCh easier than backside. and work well on a throat roll,-frontside halo-frontside lucero combi, (easier than frontside reverse that strugz has seen me try time and again ubblol

329 posts

Posted:
What exactly is the difference (for you!) between a frontside halo and a frontside lucero Mynci?

I ask because lucero's (to me!) are halos linked with half-fishtails at the shoulder/neck. So frontside luceros are frontside halos linked with half-fishtails at the shoulder/neck.

For me your sequence would be: Throat wrap - frontside forwards lucero's

since the first thing you have to do after the neck wrap is a half-fishtail at the shoulder to take it into the (FS)halo.

I'm still having problems with forwards luceros and reverse (FS)Luceros. Why is just reversing these moves so hard?

confused

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

Why is just reversing these moves so hard?

confused

choose only one:

a) because of gravity

b) because of human body mechanics

c) cos ur gay!

I'll get my coat... ubbrollsmile wink hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
getting picky in your old age, aren't you, will?

for me lucero is the action of neck pinch-transfer-neckpinch etcetc.
on bs it is naturally a halo, fs it is naturally a throat wrap.

but of course you could do the other version of both too. in which case we have

halucero
and
lucewrap

wink

like an andre and a normal ubblol

329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

for me lucero is the action of neck pinch-transfer-neckpinch etcetc.

on bs it is naturally a halo, fs it is naturally a throat wrap.

Agree with the first bit, but throat wrap? Where are you getting that idea? That's just a throat wrap lucero. Which is easy. Frontside luceros involve linking the chest portion of the jesus with itself. Which is hard.

Interestingly linking up the snes with itself is a frontside neckwrap lucero.

Now how's that for picky?

smile

@MCP- (C)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
if you agree with the first bit you logically agree with the second bit.

where 'transfer' is substituted by either 'halo' or 'wrap'....

just cause an andre matrix is not a classis matrix doesn't make it a matrix. its got a different middle bit, thats all.

no?

(i can get my linguistics and logic books on you, if you're not careful)

329 posts

Posted:
Don't need em'. smile

I know the moves your talking about and I know how I classify them. It's not necessary that we agree. Just useful.

Both luceros and throat wrap luceros are backside moves to me, and extensions of the same idea. Having a different "middle bit" doesn't make them inherently different move at all.

My problem is referring to throat wrap luceros as front side luceros which are a totally different move to me, as I explained.

In my world frontside does not refer to the body part but the position of the staff. The throat may be on the anterior surface of your body but during a throat wrap lucero the staff remains on the posterior side of the body (excepting half the staff crossing over for the half-fishtail at the shoulder) hence I call it backside.

So for me "BSide is naturally a halo or throatwrap, FSide is naturally a chest halo or neckwrap".

I would agree that the concept of luceros being: neckpinch half fishtail - transfer - neckpinch half-fishtail. These coming in FSide, BSide, forwards and reverse flavors

Before you run for your books we have to agree on a common terminology first, yes?

329 posts

Posted:

I would agree that the concept of luceros being: neckpinch half fishtail - transfer - neckpinch half-fishtail. These coming in FSide, BSide, forwards and reverse flavors

Oooh this has made me think, there are inverse luceros too! If you were leaned way back or forwards you could link under the neck or under the throat wraps together. This why I love arguing about terminology...

...Yep given it a go and FSide Inverse luceros are possible, not much luck with the BSide version yet but I have less experiance with that control point. The FSide version being related to vertical neck propellors and vertical matrixes in that to stop the staff dropping to the floor when it's under your throat you momentarally support it with your chest.
EDITED_BY: Chronofracture333 (1170208832)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Will..........

schweeeet smile

tried FS luceros last night, i have a red nose this morning....... it hurts...... soo many combinations in that lot, however i cant help but think its only "knowledgable or theoretical staffers" that will notice the many variations....... as to the untrained eye the jesus, halo, lucero combinations all look much the same.

I like knowing i know more tho biggrin

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ok, now you're making sense.

kind of. wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
the only sense i like to make is "non"

biggrin

or where you refering to that hobo, he makes sense quite alot....... bought up in a shoulin temple dont you know wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
it's the hobo i'm talking about.

you're clearly nonsense, i'm afraid.

been thinking a little this morning about elbowangel luceros. biggrin

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
Just before I left new zealand I was finally getting dual fishtails which made me really happy but the airlines has stolen my wicks and my hostel in Japan is so small there is no room to poop much less spin a staff and I cant figure out how to make the keyboard make a sad face

Viva UGLY STAFF

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
frown (for steve)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
why isn't there more throwing of toys out of prams in this thread? It's all a bit nicey nicey for my tastes. Get to it!

329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

been thinking a little this morning about elbowangel luceros. biggrin

Elbow trap half-fishtail : roll : Elbow trap half-fishtail

or...

Closed elbow half-fishtail : roll : closed elbow half-fishtail

C'mon Rob, descriptions please! smile

The first move is something I first saw Meg do... The second Is a move as well, I've seen baton twirlers do it in fujimi sections but my elbow fihtails are weak.

frown

329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

however i cant help but think its only "knowledgable or theoretical staffers" that will notice the many variations....... as to the untrained eye the jesus, halo, lucero combinations all look much the same.

While I'd agree to an extent I think an audience can tell the difference between front and back, forwards and reverse, inverse and normal. But more than this learning all these variations frees the staffer up to move or turn anyways they want and not have this dictated by the staff moves they don't know.

Theoretical staff... Love the image of some snowy haired professor type scribbling equations on a blackboard. Then turning to the audience and saying "of course, humans only experience four dimensions, but if we assume we had nine and possessed an extra arm..."

ubbrollsmile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
if only stitch could do contact!

I'm sooo e-mailing those animators if they make a sequel... biggrin

Page: ......