andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hi gang...here are mine...what are yours..

single of the year - mr brightside - the killers

album - hopes and fears - keane

gig - tim booth at royal northern college of music - welcome return of a musical GOD. truly brilliant gig

worst bit- had a REALLY good friend kill herself after being raped by her boss. that was pretty ******* horrible, still is really frown

best bit - at leeds festival they had a punk rock karaoke in the comedy tent after the comedians had been tucked into bed. I sung teenage kicks with a LIVE band behind me in front of around 800 peeps. I REALLY am a tone deaf awful singer but i REALLY love karaoke. hehe. I went bonkers, really hamming it up, holding out the mike to the audience n having them sing the chorus back at me. Came off with THE biggest grin on my face...goodness I'm so easily pleased! it was groovy

hope ya all had the best year of ya lives so far and an even better one next year. roll on 2005 x x x

It's smashing to be back x

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
single of the year- My Constantene- something corprate(ok, that mightn't have come out this year but i only heard it this year so.....)
album-mish mas- Regurgitator
gig- so far The John Butler Trio concert but i'm going 2 the Falls Festival over newyears which will go OFF like last year.

on the stockmarket this year:

good dropped by 1.5 percent while evil rose to an all timehigh of 6.66 percent........................

on the other hand i told the girl i love that i love her and she didnt hate me! biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
single of the year - oh so many to choose from! same as for albums. so many good ones. gig? ok...the only one i went to being party in the park in Brighton. The likes of Blue, Natasha Bedingfeild and the Cheeky girls whoo yeh!
Worst bit - Parents splitting up, having to move house.
Best bits - So many! Getting ststistics and french gcse in november, lighting up with fire for the first time, going on holiday to devon meeting loadsa cool new friends, developing greatly in my poi skills, learning to juggle , ah everything! ...my life is so cool biggrin

Many thanks to the people on here who have listened to me moan....in future give me a cookie and tell me to shut up

xxx

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Single: The Faint - How Could I Forget?

Album: Rammstein - Reise Reise

Best Show: Nekromantix - Dead Girls Don't Cry Tour (lots of close contenders, but these guys take the cake)

Worst bit: Nasty incident at our Burning Man camp that involved a knife, sledge hammer and a SWAT style police raid. The cops called it the worst censored they ever had to deal with out there. Everyone survived but it was touch and go for a while.

Best bit: Ditching my job to party like a rockstar for as long as possible!

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hmm...

single of the year...too many to choose from!! something aussie!! tongue

album of the year...sunrise over sea (john butler trio) was pretty kewl!!

best show...erm...mgf @ the arena! oh, but supergrass were good too! and so was john butler trio & missy higgins...and woodford is next week!! ubblol

best bit...getting a real job & a new (2nd hand) car, meeting lots of awesome people who are so important to me now!! biggrin hug and finding out valura & arsn are gonna be parents!! yay!!

worst bit...suddenly being single again, suddenly being unemployed for the first time in 8 years, screwing things royally with someone i was just getting to be good friends with, feeling completely lost & hopeless & worthless for about eight months!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
single- that's too hard, too many
album - John Butler Trio - Sunrise over sea
Gig - Powderfinger & John Butler Trio at the Riverstage

best bit - getting my kombi on the road! Took ages but I got it there. Decided one day I didn't like the baby [censored] orange colour so I got out my paint brush and painted the whole thing!

worst bit - my 'stalker' from work. She would'nt leave me alone for ages. Ahhhhh!

Bring on 2005! bounce

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
single of the year - Yeah, way too difficult..

album - Uhh Missy Higgins - sound of white

gig - Big gig: Evanescence concert in Jan. Little gig: All the gigs I've been to here, with all our fantastic local bands

worst bit- Two of my friends turning up on speed and smoking at an anti cancer charity event. All my 'friends' being addicted to weed and now their doing more speed and now they've moved on to ectasy. frown

best bit - taking up firetwirling, my first firetwirling performance a few months ago.
EDITED_BY: xabandonedx (1105178433)

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
respect 2 johnny, will be seing him live at falls festival(and no, not the butler thats the ex gov of tassie!)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
single of the year......Burn this city by franz ferdinand (who I'm not really sure if I like or not...)I just like the "burn this city" bit

Album....not sure, have to go with peter gabriel's greatest and worst songs....hit or miss.....which is probably really old.

Best show... harvest fest in georgia

Worst bit.....being dumped by my 34 year old english boyfriend....for a 20 year old...

Best Bit.....getting together with my fire troupe...the RCB's,,,,getting lots of shows and stuff....

I'll add another......
Best Fire outing/Show.....La Playa Del Fuego

Cheers!!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: andythepoi

gig - tim booth at royal northern college of music - welcome return of a musical GOD. truly brilliant gig

*nods furiously* gig> Tim Booth too, at Benicassim festival biggrin

album> Patrick Wolf - Lycanthropy
single> Greenday - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

the other stuff i haven't really thought about, i'll get back to you on that....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
ahhh...always good to meet someone with stunning musical tastes NOn. biggrin

It's smashing to be back x

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
single of the year......killers brightside or the eric prydz thingey

Album....nirvarna box set
Best show... Fear factory live at the astoria

Worst bit.....Loosing one of the kids that i worked with for a while to a really painful illness
Best Bit.....performing at the minesry of sound, meeting some really special people and one other thing that id get in trouble for telling smile smile smile smile

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Single of the Year: MC Tali - Blazin'

Album:?

Worst bit: Being dumped two months before travelling

Best bits:So many! Cairns Xmas FireShow (Despite hitting myself in the face!), Travelling, NYE in Sydney,My leaving party with 'Strongbow Mission'

Best Show: DJ Format and MC Abdominal playing a wicked set...they censored rock!

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Single of the Year: Mr Mom by Lone Star

Album of the Year: The Celtic Circle (not published in 2004 but I discovered it that year)

Best gig: Johnny Limbo and The Lugnuts. What can I say, a summer evening, free entry to the Zoo, free food and guys that actually knew how to do the East Coast Swing.

Worst bit: 1) Not being able to go to Australia in April because of water pipes bursting after the January freeze. 2) Moondoggie being posted in El Paso Texas for a year.

Best bit: Top three: 1) The company bonus that was $100.00 short of what I needed for a round trip ticket to Australia. 2) My priest the gave me the $100.00 so that I could get the round trip ticket to Australia and not have to wait until the end of the month pay check. 3) The group of friends that I've made at the Portland Fire and Drum Jam.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg