nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
ok i orderd a new fire staff from this site a few days ago.

and i am just looking forward to its arival.. but i also know it is going to have a taperd handle. wich to me sounds like a realy BAD idea!!!! does any one here know how to mod out the handles to the staffs on this site??? i realy dont want it taperd...please please please help ubbcrying ... My Best Friend Sue ordered it for me for Christmas. She is the BEST! ubblove

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey Native - if its the innercore.........youl have a hard job modifying it.

The fattest part of the handle in larger than the diameter of the stick, so even if you did "fill" it somehow ya stick would have big step in the middle rolleyes

Last time i spoke to Callan at concentrate he said he was designing a flat handle.........i havnt heard of any progress yet myself but perhaps it would be worth dropping him a mail or summit to find out how hes getting on with it.

Dont be too put off by the handle mind, it doesnt make "that" much of a differance........ what i did was to wrap tennis racket grip on each staff section, so when it fitted together you didnt notice it too much, it helped with contact...........and on the plus side - you can find the middle easy biggrin

Unlike Ado-p wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i know but i do alot of contact to.. is the middle rubber the part that is taperd??? if so i could carve it to make it flush. and yes it is the 3 piece but thank you verry much for the advise smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
You d be right there - the middle bit is the tapperd part.......as for carving eek good luck......

Personnaly id give it a try before hacking it - as they are pretty costly and (not meaning to sound like you dont know what your doing) but once the middle bit is gone........ frown

You never know though - you might like it, i learnt most of my contact with one biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
you have a good poi once i do that there is no going back..
i just have always made all my own fire toys so they have been exactly what i wanted. but i thought i might try ordering one and i think i am already starting to regert it

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
You can still do contact with a concentrate staff, sure when you look at the staff and see the handle sticking out a little bit, it may put you off a little... but like everything, you just get used to it, and end up not noticing it... wink

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i hope i do there is a big comp for some contracts i would like to bring the pretty staff to

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
While I still miss using the first wooden staff I made, I agree with arsn; you can do contact with a concentrate staff once you get used to, no problem.

I don’t even think about it anymore.

Good Luck

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
As has already been mentioned by strugz, I have had some issues with my middle bit.... wink

I'll echo what he said though. Forget about changing the handle. After i broke mine beyond repair I decided to open her up and see how it was all put together. The molded handle is glued on to a fibreglass core. Its no that thick in the center so carving would probably do more harn than good. Plus, if the grip comes loose on the core the locking mechanisn wont function properly.

Give it a go first, contact speak aside (coz i cant do it with this stick, but hey I cant cant do a whole load of contact anyway smile ) this is a dream of a stick to spin with.

and if you see my middle bit....

Love is the law.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: arsn

You can still do contact with a concentrate staff, sure when you look at the staff and see the handle sticking out a little bit, it may put you off a little... but like everything, you just get used to it, and end up not noticing it... wink

and where was all this contact with staff when i watched you?

i saw poi and staff, i saw poaff, i say handstands, i saw staffbreak dancing.... wink

Step (el-nombrie)