loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by loki.c1687

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
im sorry i didnt mean to start a war....
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
naahh dude, dont worry
i spend a year in england, and i have found the chav culture being quite amusing, we have them too in austria but we call them prolos, they actually dress somewhat similarly to the chavs in england and are just as annoying and violent and judgemental and so on....
i had a funny chav experience i was standing at the campus shop in UKC and there was a gang of chav kids loitering outside and trying to pick fighhts with the students, even called me and my mother bad things, well everybody simply ignored them and didnt pay attention to their blatant stupidity and they got bored and went back to the hole that they came from...
but another night we had 3 of them, completely wasted thrashing kitchens in the dorms and knocking on doors and being general @rseholes... till the security asked them to leave..hehehe
so i think that they are simply part of british culture just like the prolos are r in austria...
just learn to deal with them....

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I don't fancy much putting myself under a label, but 90% of the time, the way i dress other people would class me as a townie. and i spin - so there tongue

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Written by: Untimely Calculations Often Fail

It would have gone something like:

Written by: Loki

ive never seen a gay/ jewish/ black/ woman spin.
anyone out there eva witnessed this feat?

Written by: Arsn

Yes

Written by: Loki

Ok then

smile

Hey, hey... I didn't know what I was saying... or getting into... you see I learn what to say and then say it... normally in the right way, at the wrong time... just ask Bambam, I once said to waitress that she was a nice piece of totty... after which I found out what I really said... redface

So may point is... footinmouth

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spanner

For those who are unfamiliar with the term, it's unclear where how the word originated (I remember the word "charver" coming into use first, from north-east England) but it's most likely to be from the Romany word "chavvi" meaning "son" or "child", or more recently "mate".

i hear someone on the radio define it as

'Council Housed And Violent'!!!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:

Konsti - am I right in thinking that the word "prolos" comes from "proletarians"?

yep "prolo" indeed comes from proletariat but has nothing to do with the marxist notion of the proletariat...its just a word that everybody uses.....by the way the female specimens is called prolotussi, they are loud, obnoxious, uneducated, and generally annoying, yet sometimes quite amusing when they choose to discuss their personal problems loudly and in front of everybody....

ubblol

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
I've seen quite a few chavs/townies call them as you will... spinning.

Funny thing is it's kinda my fault. A good friend of mine has a very chavvy younger brother, he saw me spinning one time and said "awww mate that's dem poi things innit?"

He'd seen his traveller friends who used to live in the field opposite him play with poi so he knew a little bit about it. Being family of a friend I showed him them and let him play a little (with glowies). He showed his mates.

As far as I know none of them are playing with fire yet, but they spin.

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:

"This is more for the English people"...are there no chavs in Ireland, Scotland and Wales, then? wink

well i can only speak for ireland when i say.....

chavs? no

skangers? yes

same difference wink

i hate to stereotype and hold ill feeling against anyone, but where i live i've had 2 cars stolen by these b*stards in the last 12 months

both cars were found wrecked after a night's joyriding and were totally written off. the first was covered completely under my insurance policy. the second one was also, but i lost my no claims bonus, as i had 2 claims (which were entirely no fault of my own) against my policy within a 6 month period.

furthermore, during the theft of my second car, the gates to my apartment complex were damaged so badly that it's costing each household in the complex and extra 250 quid in maintenance fees to be repaired.

incidentally, these are the same idiots who come up to you when spinning fire and ask "is that real fire.....?"

[/rant]

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fabergé

incidentally, these are the same idiots who come up to you when spinning fire and ask "is that real fire.....?"

Christ...

No. It's a hologram.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
we got asked that as well, i just dont understand their stupidity. i mean im not the brightest of sparks [till im dipped in paraffin] but... seriously? .... SERIOUSLY?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Haha, I fit into the categories people have used to describe chavs, I personally don't have a defining category called chavs, I just use the word as an insult.

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
we only got wannabe chav round hereand there so annoyin they just wanna cause trouble in our village

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Page: