Forums > Social Discussion > i feel bad for the people in the us right now:(

Login/Join to Participate

lunerniamember
110 posts

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
that last one looks distinctly photoshopish. i really dont think many people can write that well, and that eerily like lucidia handwriting :S would have been a better touch if it was actually written.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
yea, well i feel bad for them too.
(heres the cynic coming out in me) i mean to have a corrupt leader who cant even make a speech without reading every single word off a board or notes is pretty embarrassing.. honestly i wouldnt be surprised if the elections were doctored again like they were four years ago..
i mean, kerry isnt exactly an ideal president either, but anything is better than dubya

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
investigations are underway, it's sounding like(to put it simply) that the electronic voting machines are severely miscounting(in key states, the most evident being counties where Bush got more votes than the population of that county), and that the republicans went as far as to try and prevent minorities(mostly african americans) from being able to vote, or using provisional ballots and simply _not_ counting those ballots. There are still a quarter of a million uncounted provisional votes on Ohio, and just as many, if not more in Florida. Indeed depressing times

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
First step, ban the Electoral College. then you'll have a semi-fair voting system.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Actually, there was a study done that actually showed a correlation in voter intelligence and the election results. States that elected Kerry had higher intelligence quotients, and as the I.Q.'s sunk lower, the support for Bush grew higher...I make no conclusions, I merely offer it for consideration

Maybe there should be some testing for voter eligibility... wink
EDITED_BY: Prometheus (1100450406)

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
that chart has been debunked.. apparently it used 2000 census information on average income to decide that the more money you make the smarter you must be...

but.

when i was watching the exit polls november 2nd, i did notice that if you hadn't graduated highschool you were much more likely to vote for bush, if you hadn't gone to college you were much more likely to vote for bush, if you had comepleted some college but not yet graduated you were a little more likely to vote for kerry, and if you had completed any college up through post graduate studies you were much more likely to vote for kerry.

an interesting side note, those few in the population who had gone on for postgraduate studies and obtained PhD's and the like were a little more likely to vote for bush again. i suppose they really wanted the tax breaks for the top 1%...

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
my idea for voting was to give people an amount of votes equal to their IQ.

Ninjas NEVER give up!

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Getting a lil close to the past there, forced sterilisation in the according to IQ. Its alil man to take away there rigt to a say.... even if there a punch of fools.

fire leads to creation

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Just getting rid of the Electoral College would cause other problems. Candidates would simply campaign in the most populous states, promise them everything, and the little ones would simply dry up and blow away.

Besides, once you open up the Constitution to make basic structural changes like that, all kinds of infections can creep in...

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
Written by: thor

when i was watching the exit polls november 2nd, i did notice that if you hadn't graduated highschool you were much more likely to vote for bush, if you hadn't gone to college you were much more likely to vote for bush, if you had comepleted some college but not yet graduated you were a little more likely to vote for kerry, and if you had completed any college up through post graduate studies you were much more likely to vote for kerry.

this is interesting..a few years back (but im not sure on this one) bush reduced the gov't funding to public schools and put that money into the military.. now if you really like consipiracies this is one to consider.. that he did that not only to give the military more funding for development and conquering "foreign threats to the american way of life" but to keep the percentage of the population that did actually get a good education down in order to ensure that he got more votes, of course taking into account that he knows that the group of ppl who had any
form of further education apart from normal high school diploma would be able to see through is lies and inability to give a speech..
confused2
hey its a possibility.. however if such a thing did happen i dont think it was our friend george who came up with it and made that connection.. even tho he did go to.. umm.. yale was it?