erikaMishBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
hello,

i hate to have to start a new topic, but i did a search on this and found nothing. so if there's a thread on this that i missed, please point me to it?
anyway... i just got a new pair of fire poi and i now realize i don't have a place to spin!

i live in virginia, usa. i cant spin at my house cause my dad won't allow it here, and anywhere else (such as a parking lot) is private property and i could get in trouble. so where could i spin fire without getting in legal trouble?
weavesmiley

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
are you near any of the beaches? deep wooded areas? any thing like that? (obviously if you go to the woods bring a fire exstingisher)

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

poiromaniacBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
i wish i could offer advice, here in australia we arnt too popular with some random locals, and yes they call the police on us.

maybe that coz we spin on our parliament lawns!!! biggrin

* people who dont like cats were probably mice in an earlier life *

erikaMishBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
the beach is a great idea, fryed fish. but i don't live near one unfortunately. frown

i'm sorry people call the police on you, poiromaniac. i think that's what's going to happen to me cause i'm about to just light up my poi on my street or something. i wish i could find some open space without too many trees or nosey people so i could spin freely. *sigh*.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Here- you might find [Old link] helpful.

I hope you manage to find somewhere to spin.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
im not sure about the fire codes and such where u are, but i know in my town, as long as you are on your own property, you can spin on it. sure the neighbors may call the cops once in a while, but its perfectly legal. so if you have a friend whos parents are kool enough to allow it, thats probably your best bet

If you're a pyro and you know it, clap your hands!
clap clap

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
mand sent you to the "ideas" thread that i have , and yes thoughs people are helpful. try this also ... seach your local parks and rec , parks , find one a little "out of the way " take a friend and have fun ! biggrin

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey.....you could come down to Richmond evry once in a while and play with us...the river city burners....we have performances and spin jams where there are plenty of people to safety you!!!