Page:
Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
Hey i wanna know wot strange things people eat???

coz i get funny looks when i sit down and eat celary dipped in cheese cake and no i'm not pregnant just strange ok.

So wot do you eat???

fire fire in the sky behind the back........oops now i die ahhhhhahhhhahhhahhhhh!!!!! Its not sick if you love it.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Celery and penut butter is a weird one I do sometimes...
I also go for butter in syrup on crackers...
Yummy!!!!

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I put pepper on pizza.

I never thought this was weird at all, but *everyone* who sees me do it is like, "Whoa, you pepper on pizza? Are you crazy?" or something along those lines. Sometimes I play along and I say I also put pepper on icecream, fruit, balsa wood, etc.

I can't imagine it's that odd of a thing to do. Does anyone else do this?

Dromepixie, word to the celery & peanut butter. Do you like crunchy or smooooooth?

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
that aint weird i love that too (chunky or smooth????)

fire fire in the sky behind the back........oops now i die ahhhhhahhhhahhhahhhhh!!!!! Its not sick if you love it.

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
i've done lemon pepper on ice cream but never pepper pepper on ice cream wot r you mad

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
mayonaise on saltine crackers has always been my fav!

peace & luv,
Cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
I used to religiously have peanut butter and lettuce sandwhiches....mmmm although i haven't tasted their tastey goodness in a while now.... I like chip sandwhiches too...oh and peanut butter with banana sandwhiches...i LOVE anything with peanut butter..any kind of peanut butter.. i also like eating celery and peanut butter too!!..but the pepper on the pizza i have never tried..but hey i'm game!..I'll try anything....
My brother once made a cheese, marmite, MUSTARD, peanut butter, jam sandwhich and ATE IT! i totally dry reached.... it was foul to watch..
peace to ya'll
cazzar

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Paddy, I don't know if they have Papa John's Pizza around your area but in every box of pizza, you'll find 4 things. The pizza itself of course , a pepper, garlic sauce, and their own brand of pepper. It may be more of a seasoning thing than regular pepper. I don't know what it is but dang, it is pretty freakin good. I can't eat a slice without it. You should look them up, they're a pretty big chain.

If you don't like it, I'll come there and eat it for you!

peace & luv,
cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Haven't tried pepper on pizza yet but defintely goijng to give it a try. My Grandmother puts salt on everything (including TWO tablespoons of salt when she cooks peas!!!! So i guess a little bit of pepper might be quite good).

A favourite food when I was young (many many moons ago) was to peel my mandarin, and put the pieces in with my marmite sandwiches...mmmmmm mandarin and marmite sandwiches.

I also love cold KFC, popcorn or french fries dipped in vanilla icecream (wrote a poem about that once)...

Hmmm, haven't done that for about a year now...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Wooo...Cage, that pizza sounds awesome...right up my alley.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Freshly picked tomatoes and lemon curd mmm lovely.

When SNOOPoi was little her and my nephew used to like milk and cola mixed together in the same glass, yuk!

Are we nearly there yet?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I like to make peanutbutter sandwiches out of cold leftover pizza. Those vanilla wafer cookies dipped (like tortilla chips) in cream cheese and salsa. I also like eating tomatoes like apples (with a little salt sprinkled on each bite).

But my favorite thing of all time is taking a jar each of Vegimite, marmite, and nutella, dumping all of it out into a big bowl, mix it all together and then throw it directly into the trash Cuz I can't stand any of them.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hummm, there was a huge topic that turned to this a while ago, quite amusing, and disgusting at points...

heh, i love frying frozen sausages in the stuff left over in the pan after i make eggs, it adds flavor, but it also makes my heart clench up while doing it, i think breathing in the smell might clog the arteries...

egg noodles, hot dogs, loads of butter, and parmesean cheese all mixed together is excellent, but the same thing applies to it as witht eh egg fried sausages, its incredibly greasy...and good

heh, parmesean cheese on almost anyhting, so good on steak, and it suprises the hell out of ppl who see me do it...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
I don't think it is odd, but I love capsicums I eat them like apples especially the red ones... hmm soooo sweet.
I also eat tomatoes like that and I like my beans raw and crunchy not cooked.

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
On one of my first nights at uni we were really starving after a heavy pow wow in my flat so we raided the kitchen for anything we could. We ended up eating sandwiches, consisting of half frozen bread, ketchup, cheetos and jalapeno peppers. Surprisingly, we all went back for seconds!!!

Anyone else here eaten insects in the past?

Oh, and black pepper on everything rules!!!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I eat frogs and snails

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

gehlanmember
8 posts

Posted:
I love mayonaise cheese and apricot jam sandwhiches so I think that qualifies.
But I'm definately going to try celery and cheesecake that sounds good>

Love like the wind need not be visible to be present but can be observed by what it moves!!

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
i think my staple diet at primary school was mustard and ketchup sarnies. oh and tuna, peanut butter, banana and cucumber ones too...

they were a passing phase. Now i just like gherkins with everything, have bought a burger just for the gherkins, thrown the burger away

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
snails are quite good in garlic butter sauce, though ive never had the opprotunity to sample the frogs...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
I used to teach a survival course for the air force auxiliary and i had to eat ants and grasshoppers. the ants you eat raw but i always cooked the grasshoppers over my zippo. just remember to pull the head off, and the legs unless you prefer them scratching your throat on the way down.... And don't do this too often...i understand that it can give you butane poisoning from the lighter fluid

the funniest thing....my friend tried to fry a pan full of ants but they kept crawling right out of the pan

hope this wasn't too much information for you!

peace, luv, & posi chaos,
Cage

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I had an incredible peanut butter and banana toastie when I was in Brighton on friday, I wouldn't have thought that the 2 flavours would go together well.
I'm glad I didn't have more cash on me or I'd have been in the shop eating one after the other all afternoon

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
heres one for you guys to try out - Toast with Golden Syrup and a nice mature Cheddar Cheese

(dont ask me how I found out but I love the taste )

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I've seen some strange stuff. Would you believe that in some backwards country, people are actually so desperate that they saute snails in butter and eat them? {running from Cassandra}

And in a few countries, people take this god-awful yeast extract and spread it on their toast in the morning {hiding from all the Aussie's/Kiwis/Brits}. I mean, EWWW!

Oh, and fish eggs...yish. Some people claim those are good.

Actually, the strangest thing I ever ate was a witchetty grub when I was in Australia (relax, Aussies, this was in '94). This is a caterpillar that lives in the root of the witchetty tree. You dig it out and put it whole in the coals of the fire for about five minutes. I had a little piece. It was actually good. It tasted sort of like butter-nut squash with a hint of honey. And then I crunched on the skin and remembered what was in my mouth, so I swallowed it as quickly as possible so as to be able to say that I had done it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Same deal in NZ with huhu grubs, big long 4-6 inch long beetle larvae. Not all that nice, but cool to say you've eaten one.

But, personally, I don't think anything can really compare on the gross factor with

BIRD's NEST SOUP!

(an asian delicacy made from twigs and bird saliva...)

I'm sure someone with some more coherant information could provide us with more than that...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ohhh man did you guys just gimme the wrong tpoic...
during the silly 'Prosh' week @ Uni, at the infamous Irongut event, It is typical fare for me to down canned cat food, microwaved Vic Bitter, a raw cocoa, dry jelly crystals, fist-sized wads of lard.. i usually don't survive to the vicious stages, eg. to face the cup of soy sauce, cup of milk then cup of vinegar combo. last year dave invoked the 'it's still good' rule (you're out if you 'refund' the food - you're still in if you drink the 'refund')
did i say that i didn't enjoy it? the photos are disgusting even for me
*ahem* were we talking about purely gross sustenance or favourite foods....?
having said all that, ...cass! i don't think i'll ever eat snails. aw why did i read this *now*! I have lunch in 20 mins!
oh jeebus, charles, you took years offa my life by confirming that suspicion! I was making jokes about what it looked like when i was gobbling it.....
/trembles

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i don't eat anything that weird... can't compete with you guys. but i get beat on for two things.

one, i drink my hot chocolate with a straw. well, usually two coffee stirs, but it's about teh same thing.

two, my friend britti and i always used to get scrambled eggs at dennys (with other things, but still.) and we put so much pepper and salt on tehm that perfectly normal scrambled eggs crunched! and once the pepper turned them black too! (the waiters at dennys didn't like us eitehr cause we caused a ruckus) the even funnier part of this is i distinctly remember going to dennys one time with her and a bunch of other people, and we were the only non-fucked up ones and we were still the weirdest.

i hate to hijack a thread, but this reminded me of somthing. anyone have any good getting kicked out of restaurant stories?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
turtle, snake, goanna, kangeroo, wallaby, emu, ostrich, buffalo, dugong, green ants, assorted roots n berries n swamp plants, and soon to eat....... LLAMA!

yes
i live in australia `;D

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Dr Jimbo jonesmember
18 posts

Posted:
Go on steal my thread c if i care

well i got kicked out of this nice place lets say i was eatin fish but not wot was served on the menu hell i pissed myself when my guest got up and the hem of her dress was the wrong side of her knickers

ps dont tell my mum and mum if you read this it wasnt me ok

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well, ur helping me steal ur thread

thanks.... want a drink?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
well, ive never eaten anything truly disgusting like everyone else here ( i was going to mention names but i havent got that long), but i do eat on a regular basis
chocolate on toast,
chocolate sandwiches,
chocolate with nutri grain,
chocolate pasta (homemade and mixed in with the regular stuff,
chocolate milk on anything that involves milk,
chocolate shots (ask me later)
chocolate mud sludge thingies (the alcoholic kind)
chocolate bars for breakfast, brunch, lunch, both afternoon teas, dinner, supper, and in between gym snacks,
and of course, nothing but chocolate for a full day on saturdays when i go to work.
i'll let you know if i remember the rest.

oh yeah, i put chocolate sprinkles on my christmas roast lunch for a 'dare'

*gives a satisfies grin with eyes sliding closed at the thought of those last two remaining double coated timtams in the kitchen...*

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I give to you all.....Cheese Burger in a can

https://www.avclub.com/articles/taste-test-cheeseburger-in-a-can,2183/

Edit: I cant get it to make a link...
EDITED_BY: Poje (1236873476)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: