Page: ...
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to woodford this year???
I have been invited to perform there, but as our airfares aren't being paid for, most people I know can't spin with me... is anyone going up there this year that would be interested in throwing together a fifteen min fire show with me? This would give you free entry to the festival. biggrin
if your interested i need to know ASAP as I have to get back to the festival with a list of names!!
Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh god couldn't keep that one a secret for long

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hi garthy! wave

you should definitely come along to woodford!! biggrin check out woodfordfolkfestival.com for info!! and you CAN buy tix at the gate!! biggrin

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: gita

hi garthy! wave

you should definitely come along to woodford!! biggrin check out woodfordfolkfestival.com for info!! and you CAN buy tix at the gate!! biggrin

ubblol

bounce Woo who biggrin thanks for info.

Will be trundeling along around the 28th due to Visa / Ticketing / Other people doing stuff / bad organisation so will sort ticket out on the gate.

I'll be the tall lanky one with the dreads. (That probably doesn't narrow it down much! ubblol ) The one with the green and black stripy cone poi. weavesmiley

Err will I need a tent? or is there a comunal type place to rest my head? Maybe coordinate with the chap above with out a tent.

Will have to buy one otherwise and it may be cheaper to get one here in thailand.

Much bounces and FLuff bounce bounce2

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I think most of us will be trying to camp in the same place, we will be in the main communal camp area, look out for a big rainbow peace flag and lots of people playing with toys/ toys left around, I am sure if you find our camp site you will be able to find a tent to crash in.
... oh, and anyone should be able to spot me by a silly fuchsia pink fake fur hat with two long tails...

Weeeeeee!!!!! not long now!!!!!!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Anyone that can't find the campsite, meet at the chai tent daily at noon and we will direct you to it.
Shall we have a night time meeting plan for any stragglers that arrive after dark and can't find the camp?

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
ummmm.... general camping is a huuuuuuuuuge place... like enormous.. seriously like a small town in itself... I think making a time to meet at the main ticketing gate may be a plan if everyone wants to camp together.. cause otherwise you may just walk around for days trying to find the rainbow flag........

just a thought.. from someone who has wandered aimlessly around general camping looking for camps before smile

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
yeps, I have wandered aimlessly myself...
oh dear... so difficult to organize!
Is anyone arriving before the 26th, 6pmish? that should be when we get there, if we are the first ones there, does anyone have a suggested area??
or is anyone arriving earlier?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Since people seem to be describing what they are wearing...I'll probably be wearing a rainbow hat...not that it matters cos I'll be going with the Gita!

*is getting all excited*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
bounce bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 beerchug biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce2 hehe hehe hehe hehe ubblove ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile biggrin

*is also getting all excited*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Ok guys, we can come for a day!
YAY. we are buying tickets to the new years night, so arsn flynty and I WILL be there for oe specail night hooray!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
All Wispies:
Meet ups/rehearsal times...

Anyone who arrives on the 26th... meet at the chai tent at 10pm
27th.... 11am meet at the ring performance space, then go for rehearsal.
if you haven't made it to the festival by then... 4pm chai tent.
is there anyone arriving later than that???

Our performance times have changed... will write up the new ones soon.

Some of my troupe will be camping in the performers area... I can't decide which site to camp in!! arg!

all wispies, keep an eye open in the green room for updates!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
not many sleeps til woodford!!! woohoo!!!! biggrin

WOOHOO!! valura & arsn & flynty are coming!!!! on new years night! yay!! fire event!! biggrin i'll be there that day too...hopefully...depends how much i spend on the other day i'm going!! ubblol

so you'll be wearing a rainbow hat eh rougie?? okay...i have no idea what i'll be wearing...so i'll be the one with the girl in the rainbow hat!!! ubblol

i need sleep...and a few days off work...clearly!! hehe

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
new .:*Over the Moon*:. Performance Times are.....

27th - 6:30pm @ The Ring *Pixies Fire Show*
28th - 10:30pm@ The Ring *Pixies Fire Show*
30th - dusk roving - "Fluffy Monster" 4-legged stilt walkers
31st - dusk roving - "White Sage" trio stilt walkers
1st - 10:30pm@ The Ring *Pixies Fire Show*

see you all there ubblove

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: Eveish

All Wispies:
Meet ups/rehearsal times...

Anyone who arrives on the 26th... meet at the chai tent at 10pm
27th.... 11am meet at the ring performance space, then go for rehearsal.
if you haven't made it to the festival by then... 4pm chai tent.
is there anyone arriving later than that???

Hmm.. Arriving 28th Dec sometime. bounce

So is that 4pm Everyday in the chai tent meetup?
confused

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
na, thats just so that my fire troupe can find each other.. non Will-o'the-Wisp people ignore that!
The All HOPpers meet up is 12 noon at the chai tent daily biggrin

btw Wisp have a full troupe again.. thanx all, welcome newbies ubbrollsmile

vimstrange/r/st/-ish
142 posts

Posted:
bounce biggrin

umm is anyone going to be running poi workshops this year? I'm waaay out of practice. help

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
New times for Will-o'-the-Wisp performances!

Monday 27th December – 9:15pm THE AMPHI-HILL
11:30pm THE RING

Friday 31st December 9:30pm THE RING

Saturday 1st January 7:00pm THE AMPHI-HILL

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oooooooo I'm so jealous!

have a wonderful one guys - esp you two pixies hug2 good luck with the show biggrin

Arsn, Valura, Flynty I know you guys are going to have a storming night I wish I was there to play with you!

Rouge I love that hat! wear it proudly and grin a lot (I know you will wink)

Garth - you lucky bugger! How'd you manage to time that so well? All the Oz Aliens will look after you (and hug you lots) cos they're uber wonderful and you have to bounce madly at them all in my absence!

*stamps fairy foot*

I wanna come!!!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
leaving home now to go to family xmas.... then to roz's for the night, driving up first thing tomorrow.
car is all packed.... i cannot believe how much crap i have!!!

see you all soon!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
yeps,
I'm all packed and ready to go, two of my troupe have already left for Brissy and all are set to party biggrin beerchug Woodford is finally here!!
Looking forward to meeting you all
hug

Eveish

rainbow*michellemember
31 posts

Posted:
yipppeeeee! cant wait... heading up in the morning, and i can feel its going to be a Yummy week!!!! looking forward to meeting some of you lovely hopers!

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
Yippee!!! bouncebounce2
I might be coming to the festival for just one day. As things have turned out I have been offered a gig on New Years Eve for a reasonable price at a town less than an hour away from there. The gig finishes at 9pm and I'd love to make it for the new year but the gates close at 10 for the bands and I would be cutting it fine. So I'll have a bit more money in my pocket and I'm going to try make it on new years day and catch up with my vast Woodford family and hopefully meet a few of you guys. I'm gunna really really try but I'm at the mercy of someone else's car and time. Anyways have heaps of fun everybody have a dance for me and I very much hope to see you all at the chai tent at noon on new years day.
ubblovemajikpeace
ps how come the monks aren't chanting up the sun on new years this year? Are they gonna be there at all?

Live, love, laugh and dance!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im going late the 28th and new years eve .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
yes...and where did you disappear to puk??? confused we were looking for you at the waifs (amongst the thousands), but no luck! and then we didn't see you at the pixies show!! i got a ton of photos and i'll put them up somewhere soon!! biggrin

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yes Mr. Puk! Running away like that! Shame!

I had SO much fun! bounce bounce2

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
didnt see you new years eve puk. We had a whole lotta fun though.

The shows were great. and it was so nice to finally meet Garthy and Josh and Kate and Rozi.

I ahve heaps of piccys and we will post them asap.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
Hope you all had a great time. We were so tired after the show we just drove home. I was really looking forward to meeting you all but it'll have to wait til next time.
Happy new years all.smile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
That was a FANTASTIC festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
was so much fun to work with you guys, Thanks again!! hug hug hug

can't wait till next year.. until then Happy New Year to all of you! beerchug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
can't ya just feel the love?? ubblove

hug

ubblol wave

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Indeed! A fantastic festival bounce

And (Still) all spinners I've met through HOP are all loverly! ubblove

A big thanks to Josh and Kate for supplying Tarpaulin space to sleep under. biggrin

Dentrassi, Valura, Evish, Rozi, loverly to put names to faces. grouphug (i've missed some people but I can't remember who? confused )

And other people who I'm not sure of they HOP names or mised out to . hug

Arsn Nice moves wish I had more time to Share (Steal wink ) is there a brisbane spinning session? ***Of to do a search***

And all the rest of you for entertaining me with some beautiful skills

A big shout out to Kyle for his triple contact staff (and 5 contact staff at one point) made me smile/grin everytime I saw it! Amiazing skills and very unique style!

Now of to exodus exodous Festival in a while! bounce for more spinning fun!

And as a side note. Herbal highs do work quite well. I spent a fair time isolating into the ground then Giggling alot! biggrin

Page: ...