Forums > Social Chat > When everything seems to be going wrong......

Login/Join to Participate

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Well being in this new country and all...i just think i'm going crazy..like I've been here three months and well I've had a new job which turned out to be this big scam and so now I have to search for another one which just is so not happening..WHERE ARE ALL THE JOBS?..that aren't telemarketing and door to door.. and now it looks like my return home to wee nz is looking pretty dim..as i had hoped for october ..but i'm getting nowhere fast..I haven't been out in the nightlife at all since being here as I haven't met anyone my ripe ol age of 19...to hang with...and I have been around peeps my age in a long time so the lonely factor is starting to kick in aye...i'm trying not to let life get me down...but i'm not doing a good job of it...and i'm living with my parent's which i haven't done for two years as the is a lot of turmoil there..and things are not going well in that area at all! so i would be so greatfull if anyone out there has some friendly advice on how I might be able to keep a positive attitude while living in a mess. Cheers ya'll and peace to you too!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
When in doubt - cake.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
here's a huge hug *HUGE HUG*

feel better?

[ 03 July 2002, 08:09: Message edited by: Ros ]

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Just remember - When the bottom's falling out of your world, eat a curry and the reverse will be true

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
(((((((((((HUG))))))))))

Sometimes a person has to bottom out to get on the up again. At Chrismas I was so down I could see no future and now, 6 months later I am happier than I've ever been in my life. Without the tough times there are no good times. Try yoga and/or meditation these have helped me to create a much more positive attitude to life and myself. If you want someone to talk to you are welcome to PM me I hope this helps, Onelove Thistlefirepixie.

Are we nearly there yet?

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
smile!
it solves everything!!! keep on remembering that you always have a loving HOP family to come home to
If youre doing a task at work that you dont like, then just start singing a happy song! It will spice up the moment...

much love and wishes for your happiness

Fire... A bushmans telly

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
As above, if this is the low point, then things are gunna improve, right? a little faith yourself and a lot of perseverance will get you through, with that we can help cus we're your electronic family, bro! (just don't dip us into water or feed us after midnight!) Try to not tie your happiness to some set of goals (I have to buy this thing, I have to achieve that thing) Try to visualise your happiness as being not the goal of a journey, but the journey itself. because the journey is your short life, and you don't want to enjoy it only at the 'destination'.
When you make peace with your life, you will look back to this time and think 'damn all i needed was a little perseverance to get me through this rough patch!' There are many ways to eliminate the negativity in life that causes such sorrow - it is the only barrier to happiness, as all suffering stems from it. The path is difficult and confronting, but the alternative is spiritual stagnation - and to stop growing is to start dying.
enjoy the overlooked, simple beauty in life! refuse to be taken up by the hurry and deadlines of the wider society - pity them as theirs is a spiritless rat race to the End.

That and go out into the woods and firewirl!!
good luck 2 ya bud!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ye' hope you're feeling better soon... 'cause you will!

obsticals and crappy things do come up it's all part of life, growing and changing and interacting with world... but in times like that you have to just remember that you will get though it Things have a way of working themselves out....

Squishy hugs, and Warm Fuzzies to you!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Cheers you guys for the pick up!.. i really have been trying to keep a stiff upper lip aye!! But thank you so much for the hugs and advice..it's awesome to know that there's peeps out there to help and give advice! And Bender i totally agree that you have to be happy where you are otherwise you'll never have peace...and i have been practising that theory myself...everyone has ups and downs aye! gotta jet though..love to you and hugs back and take care!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*hug*

I still have crazy days no matter how hard i try. just remember that life's not always bad....

and happiness is sweeter still when compared to pain before it.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Please set up your profile to receive PMs so I can reply to you. There are no right or wrong feelings, feelings just are.

Are we nearly there yet?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Cazzaar... I really feel for you and am sending you rainbows of hugs and smiles

Now ... i agree..; perseverance is important... BUT sometimes flexibility is too... there is a difference between being perseverant and being stubborn .... do I make sense ?

- location = vancouver is a nice place , anywhere else you'd like to be ? why not pack and go to ... London for example and work there ? just a though, just wondering ...

- work = why and what kind of job do you want ? how can you find it ? why not change completely and explore another direction ?

- friends... I think you should definitely get in touch with some of the HOPers or spinners ... and don't think age matters, more similarity of soul and thoughts, you know ?

- parents ... aaaah parents. Inever got along with them until I moved out when I was about 16 or something... now, 10 years later I am back with them because I need to save money and suddenly everything seems lighter... take mental distance... and if that does not work.. why not move out ?
-where to ? youth hostel where you could work against a place to crash maybe ?

just thinking out loud... hope this helps somehow ?

Any way ..; we're all with you and sending millions of good vibrations you're gonna learn so much from this experience an you'll be happy soon enough, trust me !!!!

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
You will be fine Angel. I believe things like this happen just to push us towards something better. Take Cass's advice (and everyone elses actually) and keep moving both physically and mentally. Take risks. Have an adventure with yourself. Discover something new. You will be fine. I promise you.
Sending you extra special Dibs kisses and fairy dust,
Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Cheers you guys!
Awwww * warm fuzzies*
I fixed my profile! Thankyou so much for the advice..I really understand what you are saying! And i would love to meet anyone that is in Vancouver! some of the fellow HOPers!! I have taken some advice..like the the night I went downtown to checkout the sites..it is a spectacular city!!!
And I know that age doesn't matter!! I have lots of older friends..just thought it would be a good start haha!
Cass thanks for the wonderful advice !! I do feel a lot better!
peace out and take care! love to you all!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Let's see, last week I got in a car accident, my bike got stolen, and my father (age 80) came down with pneumonia and is dying in the hospital.

So if you want to wallow in shittiness together, I'm game. Misery loves company.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago, but I was stuck in japan with no-one I knew outside of work... ...the job turned into a scam, and I didnt want a part of it, so I had to bite the bullet and leave... not easy, but managed it... ...still paying the flight off now!

I have been pretty low recently, but then something comes along and it all levels out for a bit... this weekend I got a surprise present from a friend and was a pit-lane/padock area guest of the ferrari team at the british F1 GP... F1 girlies rule ...talk about out of my league tho'!

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat