tidy_girlnewbie
34 posts

Posted:
hi guys, hopin u can help me. ive bin wantin 2 learn poi 4 a while now n finially got my 1st set while i was on holiday in ibiza last week n am well chuffed.. thing is now i need 2 learn how 2 do it. has n e 1 got n e easy moves i can start with as ime findin it hard 2 learn form friends. i can manage the butterfly n basic suff like that without clouting myself round the ear but was wonderin if n e 1 can help by tellin me some other easy moves.. n e help would b great help..

cheers smile

The people that matter dont mind, The people that mind dont matter.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
*points up to the tab at the top of the board that says "free lessons" then runs and hides from the text short hand*

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

tidy_girlnewbie
34 posts

Posted:
yeah i seen them n can manage up 2 bout 8 i think but the rest all seem as hard as each other. was just wonderin which ones r actually easier 2 learn than others. thats all.

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
it gets harder with the numbers, there are not many "lesson" sites around, just workon the 3 beat and the butterfly
and the rest will come

just me, my lighter and a lifes supply of paraffin

tidy_girlnewbie
34 posts

Posted:
thanx, will give it ago.. no black eyes so far so that must mean something! smile

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
try, butterfly, beat weave, 3 beat and the high and low turns, they sound hard but r the first 1s i teach all my friends! good luck honey! keep it up even afta the bruises its well worth it!! weavesmileywelcome to hop bounce2

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
like everyone else i woulod advise you to just concentrate on getting the butterfly and 3 beat weave cos at least you can just do those n still look pretty good, but dont rush yourself ng et stressed if a move doesnt come, one of the things about poi is some moves literally cant be done until you have more flexibility in arms and wrist (which is gained from just practising again n again) such as the *grumble* behind the back weave which is soa noying me *grumble* so if u can't get a move dont worry, put your poi down n try in an hour or something smile

another thing on top of what these guys have said is you should learn just about spinning in the planes, thats the side planes so poi are either side of you straight and the wall planes where they spin in front of your face, because you need to train your arms into holding them properly so they dont clonk your face, then do same thing but in split time, I would VERY strongly advise you to get Michal Kahn's book on poi spinning, its my little bible, if your interested the ISBN to order it is 1898591199, its well worth the investment smile and any probs you have with moves just asj us we'll be happy to help

sorry about my lil essay, im not mad smile
welcome to HoP wave

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

tidy_girlnewbie
34 posts

Posted:
fanx guys..w ill bare what uve said in mind... smile

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hey, welcome to HoP wave

Why don't you take a wander over to [Old link] and tell us a bit about yourself.

Oh, and good luck with the spinning. biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

tidy_girlnewbie
34 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mand

Why don't you take a wander over to [Old link] and tell us a bit about yourself.

done smile