Page:
caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
Hey people, I just got my exam results and I've got into my chosen university (wahoo!) but now I'm scared. I'm gunna be moving away from home and the work looks really hard! So I was wondering a) how many of you guys are students..and do you have any advice?! b)is anyone here from Exeter Uni and can I spin fire on campus?!

Cheers you lurvely people!

Caz

Caz

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
im in my third year at Royal Holloway in Surrey. Ive got over the novelty of uni now... actually its boring as hell and im gagging to leave ha ha ha. I dont even want to go to my graduation because it seems so silly now. God im a frickin grumpy old bag already. Where has my youth gone? :'(

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I agree with UCOF. Also messed up my first year, but came out with a 2/1 from UCL anyways. Just enjoy your first year, and make sure you work hard and play hard in the years after. Alll will be well.

Fire+Cat=Woof: i know what you mean. Felt really stupid posing for a photo with a scroll that wasn't even my degree, and even more so in the gown and hat combo. I went to my graduation a little while ago and the best bit was catching up with mates who I hadn't seen all summer, some of whom I may never see again. Oh and munching all the canape things as I hadn't had any breakfast. It is silly, but it's cool to see people.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

156 posts

Posted:
Written by: the*pom

i've heard exeter is great. you'll have a great time. take fire poi there with a vengence. start a society or something!

Hehe I intend to! I thought there would be loads of poi-iers down there (you have BEACHES to spin on you lucky ubbloco) But it seems slightly in need of some more fire!

Hehehe,

Caz

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Hey caz,

Exeter is wicked. If i could rcomend one place for you to go for a night out full of cool poeple it would have to be timepiece bar. Great pace and good music most of the time. 3 floors so pretty much something for every 1.

As for spinning at the uni, well? Me and nate were talking the other day and were wandering if there was any sort of club for poiers and such like there. If not we're trying to sort regular meets down on the cathedral green on wednesday nights and sunday afternoons if you have no luck.

Maybe see you down there some time.

wink

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
While we're on unis, is anyone here from Bath's circus society? (I think it's called Gravity Vomit) I'll be off there in 2005 (gap year first) and it would be cool to know that there are poeple here that I will eventually see there.

Since I’ve got an excuse to bring up my gap year again I’ll take it. Anything cool happening in South Africa, Australia or the USA between January and about September? Any poi meet ups or festivals? I’d appreciate anything really, I’m not hugely sure what I want to do on my gap.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

156 posts

Posted:
Written by: Warchild

Hey caz,

Exeter is wicked. If i could rcomend one place for you to go for a night out full of cool poeple it would have to be timepiece bar. Great pace and good music most of the time. 3 floors so pretty much something for every 1.

As for spinning at the uni, well? Me and nate were talking the other day and were wandering if there was any sort of club for poiers and such like there. If not we're trying to sort regular meets down on the cathedral green on wednesday nights and sunday afternoons if you have no luck.

Maybe see you down there some time.

wink

Cool let me know if you are and I'll try and gatecrash! As for clubs.. I know there's a circus soc but apparently there aren't that many poi-iers.. more jugglers and such.

Caz

Page: