Forums > Help! > Any Suggestions? To make it easier...or how to do it

Login/Join to Participate

Cute_Devilishnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the butterfly...I can't seem to get it...I Poi and I've tried everything to make it work and I can't seem to do it frown I can get the figure 8 with both hands the windmill...and a few other non sense things like under the leg and whatnot someone pls help smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
your hands, ya gotta keep'em separated!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
One hand always above and slightly extended from the other.

Do not keep your hands right next to each other.

When I first started I spun them by my side and slowly brought them in together...if you go relatively slow you may be able to pick up what you are doing incorrectly and be able to adjust your hands.

Cute_Devilishnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
awesome I will have to try that for a long time when I am sober LOL I'm going to swing at the bar on weds and was hoping to be able to do it by then LOL but we'll just have to see smile

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
When you move your hands together keep one poi just a fracion of a bat ahead of the other, this will stop them clashing while you get your hands together weavesmiley
Keep one hand on top of the other (not side by side) with palms facing up.
As the pois go down - your hands point down, as the pois go up - your hands point up biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Or you could always try doing a search on butterfly. wink
Click on 'search' at the top of the page.

Also, have you tried looking at the free lessons on this site?
The butterfly is also included in them.

Oh, and good luck with it. smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Cute_Devilishnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the advice I will definitly keep trying and hopefully someday get it right lol smile
Thanks again smile

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
it would help if you could say how you are messing up:

can you get a few beats in before they crash,? do they tangle as you bring them together?

good luck

wink

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

beelzebunnynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
i always start hold my left fist to my right wrist, though apart a bit. the easiest way to start the butterfly is to rock the poi in front of back in forth so you know that hwen you spin they wont tangle, start them spinning not compeletely at 180 degrees, angle them a bit about 45 degrees in spin, so that you have ample room not to tangle the chains, until you are comfortable enough to do them parallel.

spinning , and i caught my weave on fire!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I believe some one once said "practice makes perfect", probably some wise person...ha ha ha biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying