Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
If Mot and Neph agree... My sis and I might be able to come over May 14 - 15 *smiles sweetly*

Any chances? Still not definate that we can make it really, but I'll try my best!

Planning for the 13th, but possible to shift it to sat. 14?

*gives puppy eyes*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Taneli, welcome.
The 14th is okay too. And after that we will plan other meetings which Thomas and others can join as well. What place on the beach will be best? A place that everyone regognizes and is close to the tram.

Does everyone agree with saturday the 14th on a nice place on the beach of The Hague??? (all scream YES)

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
ps. Where is that database? pOp, help!

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
it's [Old link] , meisje.
Boboooooooo!!! * GLOMP * So is that post from before or after we talked yesterday...? Would Doro be willing to drive all the way out to the coast? You could also drive to utrecht, park the car at Mot's, and then we can get a train to Scheveningen together along with whoever else is coming from Utrecht.... keep us posted on developments anyway!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Still possible, Doro's waiting to hear back from the club her and her bf are trying to rent out for a party - don't know yet. I'll ask about the coast - I don't know how much longer it would take to get there? Maybe even possible that we could drive you two to the coast too? Or how much would the train cost?

There's the current developments wink

*is feeling really hopeful!* hug*glompage*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
i'm for a meet on the 14th instead of the 13th too biggrin

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hey bo, you coming after all, cool!
The 14th is fine by me too. I'm actualy in your neck of the woods at the moment. Y's and Z's being on the wrong place on the keyboard and all smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

580 posts

Posted:
14th is a no go for me... granny's burfday that day.. have to be home in good old wassenaar (hmm....)

oh well.. we'll see each other soon i suppose.

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Cant you come afterwards? My grandma falls a sleep at nine in the evening. Wassenaar isn't far away from the beach. Doesn't take long by car and even public transport is no disaster. Right? If the weather is fine, we wont be going home for quite some time I guess.

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
what happened with the queensday-plan... vondelpark? anybody? I'm thinkin' of going, but will I be alone?

nd will the police censored me around if i bring fire? otherwise it will be glowsticks I guess smile easier to carry too :P

cya, jochem

weavesmiley

EDITED_BY: punkskull (1114477321)

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

tanelinewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I'd really like to go to scheveningen to actually meet some of you guys, however the trainticket doenst really fit my budget with the birthday of my mom and sis coming up, plus queensday and stuff (dont have an ov just yet frown )
However I like the vondelpark idea, I was planning on coming to A'dam at queensday anyway.

ps could someone tell me what the rules on fire spinning are here in the Netherlands. I usually do it in a park near my place where hardly anybody comes.. sneaky huh ubblol

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
On queensday in the Vondelpark is fine for me. What time?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
queensday vondelpark... sounds nice. dunno if i can make it though due to some other plans. how many people are going?

and ill be joining you crazy people at the NJF, at least for one day! (prolly friday)

greetz

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

835 posts

Posted:
I intend to have a killer hangover on Queensday, so nope biggrin

No, actually, I will be the sad person stuck behind her computer on Saturday desparately trying to finish an essay on time... frown (with a killer hangover) but if by some miracle I manage to get everything done before then I'll be there!

Taneli: you're allowed to spin fire in parks, squares, and anywhere with no buildings close by, but if you want to go busking in areas with buildings you have to get a license for non-amplified music (apparently that's what is falls under...) from the gemeente, and you have to have a chat with the fire brigade about regulations, i.e. you have to be x meters away from any building, have a fire blanket with you, that kind of thing.

Either that, or you open your eyes wide, look innocent, and say "I'm sorry officer, i had no idea this wasn't allowed! it won't happen again, i promise! And might I just comment that that's a lovely hat you're wearing!" biggrin

Anyways, i don't think any of us have ever had any problems: we got asked to stop once last summer when it was really dry and there was an open fire ban, but that's all.

Bobo, I think Scheveningen is only about an hour further by car, but I thought Doro might want a break from driving by the time you hit Utrecht, and she might want a drink on the beach... But we'd also be happy to jump in the car with you - or just meet you in Scheveningen if Utrecht is a serious detour for you. The train would be 10 euros each for a return ticket because I have a student-scum card that gives us all a 40% discount smile

hug

Neph

580 posts

Posted:
well, meisje, i think its possible, but ill have to see.. i also intend on having a killer hangover that day as well as queensday.. (13th is last day of classes for me:D) but queensday in amsterdam huh? hmm... dunno bout that yet..

ive got some issues i need to sort out as soon as possible, and i dont see those people very often (unfortunately) so it all depends.. plus, i agree w/ neph that ill have a killer hangover and be really really really tired that day.. but like i said.. well see.. ill keep you updated.

floris

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
eek
Aaarrgghh, I'm so fu&*^ing lucky. I live about 300 meters from the beach (yes, Scheveningen) and the first beach-meet is in the only weekend I promissed to go and visit my parents in Groningen. frown
But you all promise to have another meet there soon?
Kim weavesmiley

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Still waiting about this party thing... Apparently they called about it tonight, so I'll just keep waiting and seeee... *crosses fingers*

*sits in another waiting room*

And hey Neph, €10 ain't that bad at all! hug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Off to Amsterdam tomorrow to enjoy the Queensday festivities! Yippy!!!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool enjoy, queensnight is mayhem in adam, be prepared smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
vondelpark, queensday...
the city has special rules for this park on this day....
the park only opens in the morning (usually it's open all night) and then they will only let children in to sell and do stuff. there will be adults doing stuff later in the day, but THE WHOLE PARK will be filled with people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no chance in hell you'll be able to spin before 18:00 in the evening.
after that I think the police might be a bit jumpy when it comes to fire, because most people who are still out on the street by that time seem to be very very drunk...

I will be in Amsterdam all day, trying to buy toys n stuff, so let me know if you guys really want to meet up somewhere, I might come over to meet you.

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ok, so no monkeyfists in my bag on queensday... I will be in Amsterdam as well btw, so maybe I will take along some lighter gear ubbangel...
But ehmz, do we have a final plan about 13/14/15 may already?

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

tanelinewbie
12 posts

Posted:
damn, i was already looking forward to chilling in the vondelpark, but hey I guess we cant help it. Is there some other place where we could spin confused

835 posts

Posted:
how about the Oosterpark?
Enjoy, Kat!!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
IM sooooo happy! I just ordered 4 'streetlights' with protectors... they're all blue-white-green and MAN im gonna love those, the 'trip mode' effect is brilliant biggrin biggrin
( https://www.neonhusky.com/JShop/product.php/54/1/
)

tongue

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
The 14th. That day is set. That's the final plan. So i will all, excepted Kim, meet you at the beach. I will have to work that day up till nine. But My work is close to the beach so I will arrive about ten minutes past nine.
But the beach is very long! what is the exact place we will meet? That's a bit hard for me, I guess other Hagenaars will have to answer that question.

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
I will be there too at the 14th! In front of "de karavaan"???

tanelinewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Oosterpark sounds good, westerpark could also be an option.
I think we've got to agree upon somewhere or some time we meet. or exchange phonenumbers or something.
I can already see myself searching thourgh a'dam on queensday looking for people spinning their socks ubbloco

I dont know what time ill be in amsterdam cause i've got to do some work first

But anyway, who will all be going to amsterdam on queensday?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
And again if someone missed it:

1st OF MAY: JUGGLE/FIRE-meet... 12:00h @ ROTTERDAM ALEXANDER station!!! Bring all your friends, music and twirling thingies biggrin

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: Meisje

The 14th. That day is set. That's the final plan.

Wheee, just got the final word from the sis that we can goooo! So, I'm there! Just gotta chat a bit to Mot and Neph for deeetails. I'm really excited! I'll be my first... international poi meet (just used to be me and a bunch of friends, really!) So, I'll probably be quite intimidated, and a bit shy too! redface

biggrin

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Damn, this thread is huge!!!

Ok, so I'm going to be in Amsterdam (from the states) from Sept. 12-19th. If I were to want to meet you with any of you lovely during that time, should I start a new thread, or do I have to wade through all the other stuff going on here to keep up?

Will there be any cool music festival or such the weekend of Sept 17 & 18, or does anyone know of sites I could find such info on?

Thankies! hug

Page: ......