Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
I can't make it on wednesday in Utrecht, but maybe you feel like spinning nxt friday at Blijburg? You can find directions at www.blijburg.nl & there are a lot of nice, creative, musical & sunny things going on there. They have instead of bevrijdingsdag an opening festival that's called verblijdingsdag. I'll be there, hope to c some of u.

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
anyone up for a spin in blijburg nxt friday, instead of bevrijdingsdag they have verblijdingsdag. nice opening festival, creativity, workshops, beach, sweet water & at last also SUN. you can check for directions at www.blijburg.nl. I will definitely be there, hope to c some of u.

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
[censored], taking up space again, I thought I had deleted the 1st one redface

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'll be seeing you guys @ burger king tomorrow..14 hrs... wait for me, okay?! hahaha.. Looking forward!

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
see you @ 14h!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hey party people,

Mot and I will be there later on in the day, early evening-ish.... we don't have the energy to be juggling alllll day like you young people biggrin

Intala, is your dad ok?

wave

Neph

everyone's unique except me

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
My friend Marije en I will come straight to the Lepelenburgpark, probably at around 15.00 or 15.15.

@Nephtys: you are about my age, I thought... ok, not that young, I agree. Well, I probably just leave early in the evening/late in the afternoon, so I might just see you, or not, well, we will see. Back to my thesis now, before I start to blurt out more nonesense..

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
@Inkie, well, of course we're relatively young, but I swear, some of these people aren't even twenty yet! It's shocking! biggrin

Wanna have a good ol' complain about theses later on? smile

everyone's unique except me

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
@Nephtys: Not even twenty yet? Oef, that's shocking indeed....

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Hi Nephtys,

Yeah, my dad is ok. Bruised and sore all over, slight concussion, but he's getting better. I hope you had fun and that I'll be able to be there next time.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
It was fun!
The ideal "anti-rsi" afternoon smile weavesmiley
The pictures I took were oldfasioned analogue (I just love the sound of film going through my camera). So maybe, someday when I have had the chance to develop the film and to scan the pictures, I'll put them on my website and post the link here.

Lupomember
64 posts

Posted:
hi guys
again, thank you for yesterday, i spent a really nice day with you (thanks to you), learned a lot (thanks to mot biggrin) and i look forward to see all of you again. smile

lucas

@youknowthatimtalkingtoyou:
if you feel ill again after some firebreathing/spitting whatever, go to a directly to a doctor, best to some bigger hospital where they have some experience with this stuff. im serious, even if it turns out that you just ate some old fish (sushi or something HAHAHAHAHA wink )just to do it to be sure!
here is an answer from a german university-hospital, i just copied it from here: https://www.firesouls.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=1091
you need somebody to translate it to you biggrin
remember, after spitting:
only breath through your nose
keep your mouth closed
do not talk
wash your mouth with water

and INFORM yourself about the risks here on this page, there should be some threads about that.
i think you are over eightteen (at least almost tongue),
so you are responsable for your own actions, for yourself.
dont do anything without even thinking about the risks.
always think before.

have fun and enjoy this great netherlandish weather smile

lucas

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
To all the great people who attended the mini-burn at Wageningen's Dense Architechture (sp?) stage: it was a lot of fun burning with you! Looking forward to maybe meet you in other places.
To the two girls with dreadlocks I approached when I first arrived: too bad we didn't see you again! I was kinda dying to try out them big wicks on your staff wink The one I tried had a great balance to it so I was itching to try it out in a burn biggrin

Anyways, had a great time! And to everyone in this thread: don't forget next saturday in Lepelenburg smile www.festival-utrecht.nl
Should be great fun.

High on Life!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
no way!!!
I was in Wageningen too, but I didn't know of any mini-burn scheduled??
I did meet the dread-girls too, and also I tried the big wicked staff (I felt like the guy in that "gelukkig heb ik meer verstand van verzekeren" commercial wink
anyway, I got stuck on the circus field, being one of the acrobats there..
nect time I'll burn something too.

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
It wasn't scheduled, it was completely spontaneous! biggrin There were some people with fire toys and after we started lighting up we kindof attracted fire spinners like moths to a flame smile

High on Life!

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Better late than never: Happy Birthday, pOq (or Eric).

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: silversnake

Better late than never: Happy Birthday, pOq (or Eric).

ubbangel shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht.... (nobody noticed)
and don't tell them my age, because after reading what nepth said, I might be kicked off the dutch thread for being too old....

and __p0q__ is just a graphical way to write POP, what my real nick is...

meditate eRic.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
happy b-day,
and your never too old to be on the HoP forums; me... i'm already with grey hairs. Old hippies rock!

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Yeah, happy belated birthday smile

High on Life!

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
I was in Wageningen too, but went home before dark. frown
My little brother went to Wageningen with me, and we had to catch the last bus from Nijmegen to my parents house, which already left at 23.15.
We saw the dreadlock-girls too, when they came to the WSO building to use the toilet smile.
But we had some fun playing with all the juggling gear that was on the field early in the afternoon. My brother played with a diabolo ("veel te druk, nu kan ik helemaal niet goed gooien") and devilstick. And i just messed around with everyting. Thaught a woman a bit of the basics of poi, and tried to get out of reach of the little kids with poi (verry scary that was, but also fun to see: a kid of about 8 or 9 tried poi after wathing me, and got one straight on his nose: "well, I think I try it with one for now.")

It was a great day, nice weather (just got a little sun burned), great music, lovely people, and great acts.

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
@ ___pOq___ So why don't you téll me your age, because if I don't know I can't keep it a secret ;-).

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
I'll give you a hint: I was born during the may-student uproar in Paris...
now what year was that again?

meditate eRic.

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Okay, monkeybusiness... now I can keep your little secret. In my year of birth Jimi Hendrix died, so I gues I'm one of the oldies as well ;-P

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
So, is anyone planning on comming to the festival in Lepelenburg, Utrecht this saturday? There will be a diverse mix of cool music, capoeira (sp?) and other stuff and we will be allowed to play with our juggling stuff ofcourse but no pressure or performance.

From their website:

Written by:

Vision

The idea of an open non-commercial festival started around last spring, following the eviction of a some big squats located in the centre of Utrecht (WKZ, Dump and Vismarkt, all of them still empty!). It'll start around 14ish I think.

Losing those buildings hurt the squat movement as well as the social life of the city. Squat places are in fact more than just cheap living solutions...a lot of activities like concerts, workshops, vegan cafe`s, internet points,swop-shops, expositions and more were possible thanks to the efford of people that created a "space" for it. Those happenings are free or very low budget, because they come from a different vision of society and human relations. A vision in which the energy, the work, the enthusiasm are not focused on a personal profit, but on creating constructive alternative realities to the "consumistic" world that surround us.

At the moment in Utrecht there are not many possibilities left for these activities to take place. The city centre is overrun by shops,restaurants, clubs. Initiatives that do not belong to the institutionalized-commercial path keep being pushed out of sight since they do not follow the capitalist principle of short term profit. It is a change that every day more is causing an impoverishment in our social and cultural background. We are losing the concept of variety and of an open confrontation between differences and subcultures. Everything is more and more massified, labelled and expensive.

The same is happening in the musical scene. Most concerts in the Netherlands an also Utrecht`s venues are arranged by the Mojo group, with a quite limited selection of bands (since many musicians that cannot guarantee a highbudget at the door, they don`t get booked). The festival wants to be a way to reclaim a "free" day and a "free" space in the heart of our city. Next to the windows and the neon signs,we try to send out other messages and create a place for sounds and information that are generally unknown to the big public.

It is a chance for people that are already involved with those issues to gather, and for others to experience something quite different from the usual city festivals. There will be bands and DJ`s that can offer you an impression of the alternative underground music scene. There will be several info stands with material concerning cultural and political issues (like anti-fascism, police violence, defence of nature, animal rights), a no-copyright record distro, a book distro, a free-shop stand and Food not Bombs. There will be workshops about graffity painting, screen printing, capoeira and of course there is space for more, according to personal initiative and in respect of the spirit of the festival. All the work for this event is volunteer based, and there will be no entrance charged. It is free and accessible to everyone that wants to come to enjoy and to support the message that we try to express with it. Which is in a direct, simple and non pretentious way to reclaim your existance and freedom of expression.

EDITED_BY: Atar (1147284576)

High on Life!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: silversnake

Okay, monkeybusiness... now I can keep your little secret. In my year of birth Jimi Hendrix died, so I gues I'm one of the oldies as well ;-P

okay, as long as you don't "rat" me out, I'll keep your secret as well wink

meditate eRic.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
X-post Meeting

Hello Fellow Poier's!!

Friday the 12th of May Mandy cannot attend, but in stead I can give a workshop.
I expect there are more people who are in for a spin during this nice weather.

Place: Picasso statue in Vondelpark in Amsterdam,
In case of rain (I don't expect): the Van Baerlebridge
Starting at 19.00h on Friday the 12th of May.

* If you cant find it, you can call me on 06-26200824 for directions,
* Don't want to receive GlowballZ Mail, unsubscribe: mandy@glowballz.com

GreetZ,

John

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hello people smile with the nice weather going on i thought i hop in again smile even though i am still a busy boy id like to spin some more than i am doing now (zilch) tonight is a bit late soz.. but i will come next time check more often in here too :P soon to be living in utrecht as wel fro the utrecht crowd so that should be good..

c u all soon

Mickey_D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey hello...
Just posting this message to say hi, grin.. How is everybody doing?

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
So maybe it was raining & Baar (I'm quite sure that's your HoP name?!) and I did not notice, but we were spinning with just the two of us. I didn't see some kind of workshoppishlikishthingybyMarco. I had a great time & learned a few new spinning moves from Baar, we tried some duo poi & scaring (spinning) away the little musquitos ;-). So, can anyone tell me how I can change my newbie title for something more exciting? C y'all maybe nxt time...

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
oh just to cover myself in,.. The post I posted about the meeting was a cross post. Meaning I got the notice in my mail and I just forewarded it to here. I have no skil whatsoever to teach people how to do poi. And if I corsspost a meeting it does not mean I intend to be there myself.

But it is good to know there was no real meeting,.. if it happens more often perhaps I'll have to reconcider corrsposting the GlowBallz meets. Sorry things did not work out. I myself are way to buizzy getting things ready for the NJF (https://www.jongleerfestival.nl/) where a bunch of us is going to put up a firekamp / lounge-tent, so the next weeks I'll have no time for meetings.

marco

[edit: changed the URL to the correct one]
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1147546203)

Page: ......