Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Mid Spring!! are you guys crazy?? that's in 3 months,.. phew,.. let me first sleep this one off :-)

But yeah, perhaps there will be a Mid-SUMMER-Juggle@Ruigoord. So far the people that I spoke to at ruigoord were really diggin the relaxed party we made.

Apart from a small miscommunication with the firewood department (I off loaded 5 pallets for us to use, wich got used up by somebody else, so i just took what was mine from another pile... wich I aparently was not supposed to do). I so far did not hear of any other complaints.

We did however miscalculate the cost for the party by about 100 Euro's (wich means I should have asked 2 Euro's more from everybody). But thats a small price to pay for such a great event, that without all you guys, would not have happened.

edit: took down the account info.

This was a tryout thing; neither we (the MWJ@R organisators) had ever made such a party nor the Ruigoord crew new us (The HoP community) and what it was we do.

So, please do leave comments, tips and suggestions for us, either in this thread or at the forum at https://www.motsplace.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php

We love to read them so that we can be sure any future installments of this party will be better.

Then I'll end this with an apology for the cold; part of it was the weathers fault (It was -1 degrees C and heating up a place is relative to the temperature you need to heat it from), and part of it was our fault. In retrospect we still had petrol left in the heater this morning (wich was nice because we had it on while cleaning and dismanteling the party stuff), but we should have switched it on longer during the night. But the heater was new to us and the ruigoord people had told us that it was a very petrol hungry thing, so we decided to use it sparingly. So i'm sorry that you all were so cold.

Also I like to thank you all, you were a great help in cleaning the party up afterwards and we left the building in a cleaner state than that we got it in,.. wich is exactly the impression I wished to leave for the Ruigoord people.

Thank you all for your good help!

Yours,

MWJ@R-organisation

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1135107328)

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Such a party is definitly worth 6 euro! I'll donate some money a soon as I get paid again! Unless you only require 2 euro from me, offcource I can spare that less :-) hit me back on this.

Thomas

EDITED_BY: Thomasfire (1134998389)

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Was very nice to see so many toys gathered in Ruigoord, know i haven't been here for a while but was good to see some of you back, espcially now you guys finally went to ruigoord peace meditate Lovely place

Greetz moon

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
And we had a great time there, it was nice to see you again too. It's been a long time.

Well after quite alot of work we finally pulled it off. And we were quite pleased with the way it went. Thank you to everyone that came and made it possible. There were some 60 odd people who showed up and we hop that you enjoyed yourself. Theres a few loose ends though. Firstly a big thank you to a few people:

Telpeva, for his marvelous website work and promotion. Much apriciated.
Fuero, for organization and idea generating thank you muchly too.
Nephtys, for the wicked food and overall helpfulness. Thank you so much, i love you ubblove
Olive, for all the chopping and the help setting up. It was great seeing you again man. Your welcome here anytime you want and we'll be down to see you soon.
The Ruighoord crew for hosting our meet and giving us such cool facilities. They were great people who were genuinly interested in the idea. Thank you very much.
The clean up crew, thanks very much to eveyone that helped cleaning the stuff up. There were loads of you, thank you aswell
And any and everyone else who was there. There was loads of interest and support from all sides. And a lovely friendly atmosphere. Till next time biggrin

Right, lost and foundage
Stuff was lost, but then luckily found smile We wacked a list together in a post, so if you've lost something, with a bit of luck it's in the blue bag at my place or over in marcos house, check it out.

But finally, a special thank you to marco. He put soooooo much effort into the organization and general motivation of the meeting. If there was anyone one person solely responsible for making this meeting happen it was marco. You are great!!! It was a really cool thing to be part of, thank you very much for all the work.
Cheers for marco!!! Hip Hip.......

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Imperistannewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

It has been way too long since i've visited this site, but i did visit MWJ@R though. And man, what a joy it was! The next time I meet people at such an evening i'm gonna ask their internet names because now i see all these names and i don't know who they are. Hooray to marco, because marco.cj doesn't leave much to guess who it is smile O.k. I know mot too, who reversed his name... I guess i should look you all up in the introduction thread, but i'm to lazy. Almost time to sleep. But before it's bed time i'm gonna write a small review.

To begin with, what a cool place is Ruigoord! The atmosphere is really relaxed, and i enjoyed walking around a little and looking at the house, although it was quiet cold. There was a house with "Ze zouden we gewoon meer koetjesrepen moet geven" written all over it. I laughed at that smile. The inside of the church in ruigoord is a bar/dance room kind of thing (not sure how to say in english) and saturday there was a world music party with lots of drums where i did dance a bit, together with the guy with the jembe. What was his name? I don't remember:P

The big "schuur" the meeting was being held in was really nice. There was a big bus you could sit in (didn't do that though), marco put in his nomad style tent, with acrylic friendly floor for my acrylics. ubblol There was a blackligth area, a "dance floor" and outside the "schuur" there was a place for fire spinning. Haven't watched that very long, was a little to cold for me. The meeting itself was really nice. There where loads of nice people. Most of them i haven't met before, but i did chat with a LOT of them. Sorry people, but i forgot all your names smile. Sometimes (when the air heater was turned off) it was a little cold but in the lounge area everyone had "slaapzakken" to sit in or "dekens" to sit under so it wasn't really a problem. I did stop me from playing sometimes. Didn't matter to me, i had a REALLY NICE evening. I was kinda tired though, but i slept two hours in the train, and just woke up ten minutes before the station i had to switch trains. biggrin The english guy with the red sweater gave me some poi tips and i started training a little today, but i broke two christmas ornaments from the christmas tree. After i broke the first one my mom told me to go practice outside. eek I didn't do, so i broke a second one too redface

A big THANK YOU to all the people that helped organise this meeting, especially Marco. You all did a great job!

Later,

Imperistan

EDITED_BY: Imperistan (1135036041)

Hooray. Another dutch Poier...... smile

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mot

Nephtys, for the wicked food and overall helpfulness. Thank you so much, i love you ubblove

We all love her!!
Lotti, could you please (pretty please with pink rabbits with fluffy white tails) post the recepy to the fantastic veggie stew?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
*reading the lost-pieces*

I forgot my Mickey Mouse poi?! HOW HORRIBLE!

Are the okay? Is he still smiling?

Tom, you'd better take good care of Mickey Mouse wink

and I see you still have my yellow fleece trui (the new artex thing). Someone was using it as a pillow and I told Neph you guys could trow it away. But since I figure you still have it so ill pick it up together with mickey mouse sometimes soon , or ill catch you at a meet someday smile

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
*Grin* Nice to read all the reviews here, good to see everybody had so much fun after all the preparations!
I also got an email from Rick & friends, devilstickers from origin, and they told me they had a Fantastic time, absolutely fabulous cool peeps amazing spinning, etc etc, superlatives allover... and that they certainly would be in for a next meet!

And in the thank you section:
- A special hug for Nephtys, she saved my evening ^.^
- Respekket to Marco for the many many hours and effort invested... it was well worth it dude!
- Cheers to Tom ofcourse for helping setting up and all tech-facilities

wave
Face

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Face? biggrin you're welcome!

I'd just like to add that I too had a fantastic time, and I'm really glad to see that everyone else did too!! Yay for bounce Marco bounce & ubblove Mot ubblove, & Olive for massive help with all the chopping (and Mot for that, too, and everything else ubblove) and a special mention for Intala, for being the last non-organizer standing & clearing up! And to Mike, for the second coffee machine, and for taking all our stuff back to Utrecht for us. Everyone else, for being there and being cool!

Ruben, i clearly remembered someone saying it was okay for the yellow fleece to get abandoned, I just couldn't remember who it was! biggrin Sorry, i was a little hyper in the morning after 1 hr sleep and too much coffee biggrin we all had the no-sleep giggles all the way home...

Imperistan, i just noticed you're from Wierden - now i know who you are, twas nice chatting to you!

I need to go on an urgent xmas shopping mission now, but I'll post the stew recipe a bit later Marco... for those who liked it (FUERO ubblol)

everyone's unique except me

169 posts

Posted:
... for those who liked it

that reminds me :-)
Neph.... thanks for the bread and the remainings of the stew :-)
Stuff always tastes better the day after, at least that's my opinion! I really, really liked this! I'm looking forward to that recepy!

By the way, it was a little 'waterig' so if you add some vermicelli and stuff, you can make a really nice minerstrone out of it! Thus this bread is used very well!

Th hehe mas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
About sleeping. Someone took a bunch of foto's with my camera of sleeping peepz. I should definately post them (censored or not! wink )
*gniffelt*

biggrin

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Araaaaaaaaargh! No sleeping photos of me please!!!! eek!

ubblol Thomas, you're welcome to add anything you like to it, but remember it was intended to be eaten with couscous, which kinda plays the vermicelli-part, and it is a stew (=stoofpot) which is basically a lumpy soup...

Here's the recipe, I'll do this in dutch so there's no confusion over the ingredients, but pm me if anyone wants an english one. The quantities here are for a big pot, enough to feed six people and still have some left over if served with couscous and bread etc.

ingredienten:
(met de specerijen moet je gewoon experimenteren tot je het zelf lekker vindt... gooi de eerste hoeveelheden er gelijk in zodat alles de smaken opneemt, en wacht daarna tot de groenten gaar zijn voordat je gaat aanpassen. Zodra je het met couscous eet wordt het minder pittig)

- cayennepeper (poeder)
- komijn (poeder)
- 1 kaneelstokje (maar poeder kan ook als je geen stokje hebt)
- 1,5 bouillionblokje (groente/kruidenbouillion als je het vegetarisch wilt
houden)
- zout
- peper
- honing
- zonnebloemolie
- 1,5 liter water (ongeveer... geloof ik... smile)

- 3 medium uien
- knoflook naar smaak
- 1 winterpeen of een paar wortels
- 2-3 paprika's
- 1 aubergine
- 5 tomaten
- handvol rozijnen
- blik kikkererwten (uitlekgewicht 240g)
- handvol geschaafde amandelen

1) snij de aubergine in blokjes, strooi er flink wat zout overheen, en laat in een vergiet uitlekken
2) snipper de uien en bak ze in een grote pan over een matig vuur in de zonnebloemolie. Hak de knoflook fijn en voeg na een minuut of 5 aan de uien toe
3) snij alle andere groenten in bite-sized stukjes, de tomaten kun je best groot laten want die lossen toch min of meer op
5) spoel de aubergine af en schud een beetje droog
4) voeg als de uien glazig geworden zijn (na ong. 10 minuten) alle andere groenten toe, en roer even door
6) doe dan het water erbij - ik weet niet precies hoeveel eigenlijk, ik vul de pan tot de groenten net niet helemaal bedekt zijn door het water - en zet het vuur op hoog.
7) voeg de bouillionblokjes, specerijen, honing, rozijnen en kikkererwten toe. Begin met een flinke theelepel van de specerijen en een eetlepel honing - er kan altijd mee bij.
8) breng aan de kook en laat doorpruttelen tot alle groenten gaar zijn en de tomaten opgelost... ongeveer een half uur.
9) ga nu experimenteren met de specerijen, zout en honing....
10) voeg als je helemaal tevreden bent ook de amandelen toe

and that's it!
De uien, knoflook, en tomaten zijn belangrijk voor de smaak, maar de andere groenten zijn best te vervangen: courgette is hier bv. ook lekker in, en sperziebonen... zelfs vermicelli mag biggrin

Voor de niet vegetariers: dit gerecht is ook heel lekker met lamsvlees. Snij lamsvlees in blokjes, en bak het even mee nadat de uit glazig is. Doe er als het vlees gebruind is eerst het water, specerijen, bouillion & honing bij en laat het een uur of twee stoven. Doe er dan alle andere ingredienten bij en volg de rest van het recept, dus nog ong. een half uurtje door laten koken.

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Imperistannewbie
13 posts

Posted:
hehe neph now i figured out who you are smile Lotje, Tom's girlfriend rigth?

Btw no sleeping pics of me, i'm way too cute when i'm asleep tongue

Hooray. Another dutch Poier...... smile

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Where can I subscribe for the mid spring juggle @ Ruigoord? If everybody is paying in advance 10 euro's it will be also sufficient to compensate the last? And what will be left can be used for the mid-summer juggle...

169 posts

Posted:
ubbidea @ Baar

I was acually planning to suggest the same thing. About the paying in advance thing that is.
That way you can keep cost nice and tighty fitting.

By the way, what happend to the pictures? Are there gonna be any on Midwinterjongleren.tk?

And Nepht, I know it was intended (at eaten) with couscous, but you don't add couscous if you wanna make a minestrone. that's pretty much heathen devil

Though I'm not starting a discussion about cookery (because I still remember the beach! You really are a great cook!!!) I do know my Italian stuff :-)

Thomas

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Please send pictures to info@midwinterjongleren.tk and I'll up them to the site. Also video will be verry nice to see.

I did not get much time to actually watch you guys at the party and I would love to see what you impressions were. If you taped things, then please contact me and I'll send you a dvd so you can burn the raw footage for me.

Ruigoord crew asked me to think about making a juggling kamp at the Landjuweel this upcomming summer (wich would then in effect become the MSJ@R). This is the site from last years Landjuweel https://www.ruigoord.nl/E02landjwlindex.htm.
Though the date for this year will most likely not be the same week. The Nomadic style lounge tent would sure fit in that environment. (don't change your holiday plans yet though,.. I have not said yes to it yet)

What are your thoughts about that idea?

MWJ@R-organisation

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1135198435)

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
YEAH! I finally got internet back up and running. What's with my server anyweay? Well.. nm, I'm back.

What a GREAT GREAT GREAT thing the MWJ@R was... Thank you so much. I had such fun. And I finally made up for all the meets I missed this summer and fall (yeah, Intala can do fishtails now).

Ok, so last Monday I shortened my staff and got it dressed (taped it up, racket grip too) and now it works much better. Thank you all for showing me new moves. And inspiring me to learn even more stuff.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
MWJ@R

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

169 posts

Posted:
Great footage :-)

TF

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
biggrin Cool someone found it smile
More coming after christmass

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
It was a brilliant week-end ubbrollsmile
Big up & special thanks for Tom&Nephtys, and Marco.cj for the warm welcome biggrin
Everything was there to make a great week-end, hardly seen anything that well organised !!
Looking forward to the next meet
Merry Xmas to all & happy antispinning
You guys are welcomed in Paris anytime you want biggrin

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
For those that did not find the secret MWJ@R movie,.. there is a copy at the next link:
https://home.tiscali.nl/marcosplace/CJ/Video/MWJshort.wmv

please download it only once to your own Harddrive and watch it from there, to spare the download limit.

marco

169 posts

Posted:
I perticulairy like the part with the "UV-ed" manipulation balls! That's simply beautiful!

Thomas

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Thank you, that was me!

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

169 posts

Posted:
Great Gig man :-)

(i know it was you, you can see that a bbit later on the vid :-P)

Thomas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Ladies and gentlemen...
after a few months of lacking any process, i made a leap with my design. Thanks to tips and compliments gives by people @ the MWJ.

I'm introducing a -very- early stage of development of the worlds' softest (!) programmable PIC-uber-led-poi.

Soon I'll be getting back-up of 2 friends, one for electronics, the other for programming, somewhere in January. So I'll keep you guys posted with details!

I'd like to present to you:
'Project Arclight'

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

simplest program

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
The last picture is looking swell mate!!! We'll definately keep in touch about it!

Thnx for the quick construction of the ruigoord vid Mot, I enjoyed watching it (ondanks de spooky intro :P)

And 2 Everybody, friends and spinners, a very Mery Christmas!

Duhanewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Haii!!!

What about spinning into the New Year? It's just an idea.... my friend and I are doing some firepoi and juggling. Who wants to meet on New Years Eve to make a huge spinning somewhere in Amsterdam or Utrecht?

Hope to meet ya all soon!!

Duha

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
well, let me tell you about amsterdam on new years eve:
it will be filled to the brim with drunk idiots, to spin inbetween them is not such a good idea... when you get out of the center or into a park it is very do-able though...
or you could come and join me, because I'll be doing a little fire for money in the centre. Ofcourse you wouldn't get payed because I need to pay off some debts wink (thanks Telp)

the big meet at ruigoord was seriously a sign to do this more often, I'd say the next one at the spring equinox...
strange enough I didn't see Olive there, only that Italian guy with Vanize, who had a similar style.. hmmm, how could I have missed that.

idea for the next big meet: give everybody a "HELLO MY NAME IS ...." sticker to wear smile

take care y'all,

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya,

is always a nice idea, but I guess it will be difficult, since a few peeps of the 'regular meeters', Mot, Fuero, Lana and me will be performing officially in Amsterdam as well :/, so around 00.00 we will be quite occupied, but maybe for some spinning afterwards there could be space...

@pOp, alvast succes bij 't optreden :-)

Spring Equinox meet... Hmmmz, that's quite quick, depends on various factors, we'll discuss it with the organisation, and when there are other people willing to spend some time on it, they can always take a peek at the forum of www.motsplace.com

wave

Page: ......