Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Any day smile

Love is the law.

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
Can I be the mascot? bounce

Remember what the doormouse said

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hmmmm

what animals can you do?

Love is the law.

TreasSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
hey a,

you really are a busy little bunny smile

i just wanted to send a little post to say i had such a fab time in limerick last weekend (im erasing the fights from my memory meditate )

and thanks to everyone for making my first burn so memorable.

i am officially hooked!

TreasSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
hey a,

i just wanted to send a little post to say i had such a fab time in limerick last weekend (im erasing the fights from my memory meditate )

and thanks to everyone for making my first burn so memorable.

i am officially hooked!

TreasSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
well computers really arent my strong side are they umm

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
three posts in a row,

im impressed smile

come to circus on tuesday

in the mean time i will be in edinburgh spinning my head off

biggrin

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
me too bounce

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
International member eh?! Cool cool

Incidentally, is flambe not a type of desert?! biggrin Rather like blancmange?! Wibbly ubblol

Lol, anyways, fair play... good luck and hope it goes well hug

Lisa m'lovely all is excellent here... I shall check out that open air cinema thing, sounds interesting.

Will be in contact later about future plans biggrin

x

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
A baldy Gorilla - that's about it

Remember what the doormouse said

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Flambe is french for

wait for it

Burnt with Alcohol

is also means

Burn Crazy

And now we have a baldy gorilla too!!!

smile

Love is the law.

Dragon Princessstranger
50 posts

Posted:
Just had a couple of nights of solo spinning on the Sinai peninsula Red Sea coast, Saudi Arabia behind me over the water, and the odd Bedouin tribesperson looking on. First burn for weeks, and first burn in front of my parents. I trained my mother up first on how to put me out, just in case... she was pretty terrified, but I didn't need her. Was pretty chuffed to nail two new moves with fire in one burn - a single throw and a double throw!!

Also spent two days on a felucca, sailing up the Nile, and stood on the bow playing with my socks for several hours. In between times, saw the pyramids, learnt to speak Arabic, went to Luxor and Aswan and Abu Simbel, smoked shisha, bought cheap jewllery from Nubians, climbed Mt Sinai with Moses (honest, that was the name of our guide), rode camels and donkeys, learnt to dive...

But I am missing 'home'... Belfast, and Ireland, that is. Missing my fire community and my friends.

I don't have another job sorted yet, but I leave Egypt in a couple of days for Cyprus, and I'll kill time there until I find work. I'll have to do a search on Cypriot fire folk and see who I can meet!

I am glad this is an international game - I learnt in school that the world spins, and now I know it's true.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey babe

We's missin you loads

many hugs and much love

a

hug

Love is the law.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Hope everyone had a good time in Galway wish I was there but Diana was sick and I cant drive frown Anywho we should arrange something for Belfast sometime bounce bounce2

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
See you on the sixt of may missus.

Make sure you guys get dresses up all fancy in black and white.

hug

smile

Love is the law.

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Galway was SOOOOO Good !!! Ado-P Sorry for Incessently calling you Evan in Tims kitchen. And Lisa dear, where ever you are, i'lll see you bright and early Saterday morning : )

P.s. Any othere people going down to limerick, some kind of busking festival on !"!?! ? ? ? ? ?

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ubblol

hug

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
cameron, i'll more than likely be heading down tomorrow after work, sometime between 5.30 & 6.30

the bus journey is 3 hrs 40mins and we have to be there for 12 noon on saturday.

i just don't trust myself making it on time if i have to leave so early on saturday morning. come with me tomorrow if you can... will buzz you later....

hug

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Just letting everyone in and around Belfast know that the New Moon Caberet is in this sat. General circus and comedy acts plus bar til 3:30 Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a good night for all.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hmmm. Might just go to that... are you heading to Limerick Colleen? Also, what night are you going to see the Hard hats show?

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I think so but Im back on the Sat. Going to see the show on the Sat night at 7:30 are you coming? I promise not to drool over Neil.......well not too much anyway redface

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i wish someone would droll all over me

smile

wait i mean drool, how droll.

ubblol

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Might do that... so you're going to the show, then the cabaret?

Hmmm. I'll have to drive, can't afford to drink again.

smile

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to join in... I don't like being left out of the loop oh well it's my own fault for taking so long to finally getting my [censored] in gear and logging on. Don't have anything of any worth to say other than Tag.... who's coming to Belfast to pass it on?

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
Hey it censored my [censored]! Okay here's a clue starts in a and ends in rse

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ubblol You have enough people drooling over you ado wink Yip then the cabaret. I owe you a drink so there you have to go. I promise not to abandon you with crazy circus folk (we are a loveable lot though arnt we)

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Do i count wave

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol... we're trying to keep his ego contained... don't you go encouraging him young Coleen smile

I'll go to the thing on Saturday night, but I'm not sure about tomorrow... what's the story?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
my ego is just fine

and if one more person tries to contain me i promise to explode.

i am an official free spirit. wink

Love is the law.

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Heyoo firebyrd : ) hug

Umm .... on a more mundane retarded note, does anyone have the actual dates of Uber poi, cuz all ive bin gettin is a bunch o heresay and rumours, also, if i were to join you Ado-p and Amelie, do guys now the way to Uber poi ? i know this post is a little off topic, but sorry , im analy retentive at times when it comes to Binary processors....Dam computers.

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

Page: ......