Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Butterfly Buzzsaw Hyperloop?

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I did a search and didn't find anything on the subject. Can anyone do these successfully for multiple beats? How do you recommend getting out of them cleanly? I did one kind of by accident and have been trying to successfully replicate. I can do about 3 beats, but have no successful method of untangling.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Can you explain a little bit more plz Mil, Cause there are afew different types and im interested in what u actually mean before the subject turns into total confusion.

If u mean doing a b-fly loop and rotating it through your arms its kinda tricky.

If your talking about what i call "atomic" hyperloops then im down. Atomic is like a cross variation between b-fly and weave. It will bounce like b-fly but rotates both between the arms AND also rotates horozontally. eek looks totally amazing, and is pretty hard to teach because its not a single move. More like a move gone wrong.

Getting out of any hyperloop only takes pratice, im not one for analizing and trying to explain it because i personally believe it defiys explanation and physics :P If you just keep trying youll get it, and try not to think to much. Trying to understand a hyperloop only makes it harder...for me, i just do them and the understanding comes later...because if you try to describe/understand something you havnt yet mastered you often get the description/idea totally wrong and it lead's to more confusion.

All i can say is get your basic loops down and its all easy after that (so experment), because your body will become use to the different "feel" of each loop and un-tangling them will become natural.

Luck.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
First, I don't think it's a hyperloop in the proper definition of the move wink, you're talking about a butterfly airwrap in buzzsaw plane with multiple beats whilst wrapped.

Depending upon where and how you're airwrapping the wrap coefficient increases, so you have to unwrap more on the other side of the move. The thinner your poi chain the easier it is to get a higher wrap coefficient.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*falls over*

Yes, but probably not

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
if you tangle between your arms you can do multiple beats 'outside' (on one side of your body or the other - not buzzsaw) without having extra untangle beats.

i think... umm

multiple beats in buzzsaw adds to the number of untangling beats like mr dom said.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Did hyp-buzzsaw get re-defined AGAIN! Cause last time i checked in, hypbuzz was infinite?!?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i have no idea - i do butterfly airwraps like [Old link].

if you can tangle outside your arms then i guess the buzzsaw bit would be the twisty-but-not-tangle-up-any-more part of the hyperloop, like it is with cross-follow ones.

but like thom yorke, i might be wrong...
ubbrollsmile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
there's a butterfly knot.. which is what happens when I boucne through the buzzsaw... and would be the best image of what you describe millenium that I can think of.. hewre's a clip of itchell doing it.. the quality isnt' so clear I'd recommend dantanas vid... brb and I'll link it too..

itchell (right click save as)

[Old link]

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Pretty sure Dan said his bandwith had maxed frown

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Here's one I think..

Garth and a possible butterfly hyperloop

It has a horizontal buzsaw motion in the middle.

If anyone has hosting for this it would be good and much appreciated, as its not a fast link to this machine.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
garthy and his insane butterfly tangles....... i still dont undertsand them after watching you do them all weekend ... grrr

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
Yeah i think i saw some of those they looked real nice, i was talking to him for a bit if i remember he borrowed some poi, i think i met you as well oli only breifly did you have some pretty long red sock poi. may be not cant seem 2 remember much from this weekend
EDITED_BY: TheSilverShadow (1090407299)

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
that was me smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
I did indeed borrow your poi and they were loverly.

Kinda cone poi things

Am currently making some and should have them done for falmouth II

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx