Forums > Social Discussion > St Georges Day should be a National Holiday

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
And now it can be!

https://www.stgeorgesday.com/

The British Government want at least 300,000 votes in order to allow England an extra bank holiday every year for St. Georges day

Please vote and send to all your friends!There are not enough public hols in the UK!

Hopefully that will stop all the moany marjories bitching about St. Patricks Day! It drives me nutty every year when English people complain about how something is done for St. Patricks Day but not St. Georges Day, its not that hard to get off your arse and organise something in your community if it bothers you that much.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
"Neither this campaign nor St. Georges Day Ltd have any affiliation or association with political organisations."

i think they just want us to buy their t-shirts...

i voted anyway though - just in case wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Clearly he's responsible for the extinction of dragons, as I don't see any dragons anywheres.

I say he doesn't deserve a holiday!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Clearly he's responsible for the extinction of dragons, as I don't see any dragons anywheres.

have you looked down the back of your sofa?

i found three unicorns, a leprechaun and a pair of wood nymphs down the back of mine...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
My kitten chases everything away from there.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
I don't know how it is in England, but in the US, banks are never open to begin with, why would you want to give them any more time off? tongue

Man holidays are great, I say go for it. I take it that will mean days off from school as well as banks??

Hobbitboymember
33 posts

Posted:
Huzzah! Bout time! Although I do enjoy a nice pint of Guinness....not much for lager...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I take it that will mean days off from school as well as banks??

Bank Holiday is just what we call a national holiday o'er here in Blighty.

I voted and it's now at 304411 so I guess they got enough votes in! I hope it goes through, another day off a year is brill I reckon! ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove