_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
anyone knows some good two person moves?

weavesmiley (¯`•¸·´¯)PÕÍ § ßØÌ(¯`·¸•´¯) weavesmiley

flamingfrogmember
19 posts

Posted:
Tossing the staff back and forth is a good one - especially if each person does a couple of moves before tossing.
Looks even better if there is someone kneeling between the two people doing poi or short staffs, with the staff being tossed over their head a la Highly Flammable at the Id Fashion Show biggrin

A paradise found is a paradise lost
-E.O. Wilson

My father had a profound influence on me. He was a lunatic
-Spike Milligan

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
this particular move looks best with 2 girls but can work for any pair.

the girls stand facing each other (very close), with legs slightly more than shoulder width apart
one girls leg is in the middle of the other girls legs
staffs are spun around the body of the other person with right hand.
with each rotation of staff around the back, we bend ze knees.
up and down

fairly raunchy. crowds dig it.

and, as I've said for the last 3.5years, I'm exceptionally terrible at describing movement. sorry.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Couple of moves:

(This one's inspired by contact dance) Stand back to back, helps to be similar height. One person bends at the knees, hooks their bum under the other persons and leans forwards so the other person can lie along their back. Now the bottom person can spin the staff in helicopter plane below them, and the top person can spin in helicopter plane above. With a bit of practise you can go back to standing and then swap positions so the bottom person is now on top. Quite easy to whack your partner in the head, but you can do the transition without missing a beat. I call this the helichopter cos I made it up with Bas who is polish and has an interesting was of saying helicopter biggrin

Nother one: start facing each other, both spinning helicopters above your heads, so that the end of the staff is passing from left to right in your field of view. At the same time, each take the staff off centre (so the long bit is on the thumb side) in your right hand and pivot rightwards. As you turn, bring the staff down to waist height, and when you are back to back with your partner let the staff carry on moving, so it appears on their left side. Grab the staff that's hopefully appeared on *your* left side, complete the spin and go back to helicoptering

For two person throws, I found it really useful to start out heavily synchronised, with counting and everything. It can be confusing when you throw a staff which is going forwards, and get one in return which is going backwards etc. The simplest thing to do is start out both spinning forwards, with the staffs in your right hands, count to three and throw to the other person. You can then transition btb to have a staff (which is now backwards) in your right hand again, and keep them moving round in a circle. Then start experimenting with different directions, changing the direction of flow, adding pirouettes, more staffs etc. Zero spin throws are nice, where you throw the staff you've caught immediately, so the two of you are almost just keeping two staffs spinning in the same place...

There's a few more nice ones I can't remember at the moment, I'll have a think when I get someone to play with wink

monkeys ate my brain

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
BTW, I don't do fire so don't give me moves that are fire-only.
juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
how can you not do fire(just curious)?!?!?

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'll play with you mo-seph!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
hello-
standing back2back do contact rolls over each others arms on opposite sides- many variations including rolls over legs and things like that, interchanging staffs etc, much goodness to play with if you trust the other person enough to not loose confidence in them after having whacked each other countless times...

throws (always look good):
facing each other, back2back, front-back, same side on, different sides on-
staffs spinning same direction, opposite directions, different planes (usually horizontal/vertical)

just a few ideas to play with really, hope it helps,
cheers,
Ben

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Have been playing a bit with two person contact staff (the stick and or the person). Tons of ways to pass it back and forth keeping contact going. Try going very slow and using lots of parallel spining (ie you are sping the staff horz and spining your self the same way, hence slowing or freezing the movement of the staff relitive to you. very handy) I want to learn a bit more acrobalance/contactdance stuff myself as it is very promising for strange shapes and moves. One good one along these lines (kudos to bluecat for thinking of this btw) is to go from the helichopter position as described be Mr Mo Seph into a backwards walkover. As with any acro, train safe and be REAL comfy with it before trying to involve a stick or two. My friend Alice and I were doing this move as a way to do neck pass with a single staff, and made some nice varations.
You can pass a cross with the sticks pointing 45o from the angle of the walkover.
There is some wicked follow up acro to this move but I will not try to put it in to words as it could end up being a bit misleading and or harmful to ppl trying to understand it
"you want to put what where!?"...

Love & Stuff,
K

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

try here too...

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
PupilOf2Bags, I don't do fire staff, I do fire poi

This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
phew. cool. you should try fire staff thou tish alot of fun

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

FIRE_SPINNERBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
i have a move that looks great with fire but can be done with normal fine two people stand face to face (close facing each other) and do a side figure 8 but instead of going in front of you you go behind and infront while standing in front of the other person both people do a infront behind figure 8 so when you are behind the other person is behind and when going infront you go behind the other person and they do the same untill you pull out

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i like this one:

Non-Https Image Link

fairy fire

smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."