Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > UK Falmouth - 18th/19th/20th June..Pre Glasto meet

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, so this in in it's infancy but does anyone want to meet up in Falmouth sometime? When it's a bit warmer but before all the young students toddle off back home for the summer so I suggest sometime round end of May/early June time.

I guess so far we have the "to be confirmed" attendance from..

Yours truly Sir Custom of the Bug

Warchild

laZy

Punkassemobitch

T&B

Polythene

Bird

Dubballstar do you fancy it? Get some water on your board.

Beth (in disguise)

Frodo you in?

Spanner?

We can pick Tao Star up on the way too....

Non-Https Image Link
This should be way cool

Let's relight this forum ubblove

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
would we be able to make it a weekend?? smile

passing through, this world still lives.

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
Theres a few of us planning to come down to cornwall sometime over the easter holidays so can make it the same time as your meet up! will check dates of school holidays.
hugs xx tatty xx ubbrollsmile

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah Frodo I think a weekend would be best. Friday to Sunday/Monday would be cool me thinks. cool not too expensive either and not too short a stay

Tatty - I think easter will be a little to early before the warm weather gets here, beside the best thing near easter is to go way oop north to Troon for the "Camp out with Kit extravaganza"! biggrin

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
*starts getting her disguise together*

Though itll probably still be cold around may, make it the beginning of july (end of exams! whoot!!) and im there! biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Yay lots of more spongy/fluffy events yay yay! *dances some more*

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
im up for meeting all the cool cornish people,and lots of other people again, on a beach smile

so yea ill try and come smile

maybe ill bring a few people with me cool

good idea beerchug

[edit : i see ross is on that list ubbtickled not sure how he plans to get there, via me probably....]
EDITED_BY: oli (1079102313)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:

Hey count me in!!!!

Definatly make it a weekend. but the timing is gonna be important. Remember we got the mighty pilton festival in june. May is not to bad for sun but think july would be a better bet. Hell this is just what i think, what about you guys? Any suggestions?

Bring on the madness!! ubbloco

Bring on the spinning!! weavesmiley

Bring on the booze!! beerchug

Bring on the sun!! cool

Bring on the laughter!! ubblol

Bring on the 1 handed waving!! wave

Running out of smileys now......

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me but i can't be thinking of such matters at the moment other wise the next two months of work i'm going to need to do will kill me (ummm sun, sand, beer, fire, relaxing... no stop it, must stop thinking spank) Anyway the further into June the better for me. wave

P.S. probably won't be spinning saturday (work and such like umm)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yay warchild smile

i hope we finally get to meet sooner, theres gonna be a big east devon contingency.

peace

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
YEY! i was planning on making my way down there at some point over the summer biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok so we got the vote in for May, June and July. I wish the damn poll option on this thing worked!! rolleyes

I'm easy for any cuz I work for a living so don't have to worry bout half terms like most of you! ubblol so when do the official uni studies end for summer break? If it was a couple weeks before then would everyone be cool with it?

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
im pretty easy weekend wise.

weeks wise, im at college, so there easter at some point (too soon i think) and theres a half term after that at some point.

they tell me i have a level exams at some point though, which means college stops smile so that could be good.

peace

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:
Quote:

yay warchild smile

i hope we finally get to meet sooner, theres gonna be a big east devon contingency.

Soon mate, soon. We will probly end up bumping into each other when we least expect it anyway. biggrin

As for the timing on the invasion of Falmouth im pretty easy too. I work so dont have to worry about half terms and such like. And what ever month we decide i'll be there. Just try and stop me!! peace

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
july july is a good time i think definately july yes july

did i mention july?

oli i wanna meet yoooooou come camping! obey!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
yes july would be best! nice and warm! around the beginning to middle, 10th maybe? exams are over and glastonbury is over so thatd be about right biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
erm.. i'm gonna be staying on a campsite in sennen sometime in june + would like to be back around that area again in september. the rest of the time i think i'm gonna have to be working. as for falmouth itself, i'll have to wait till my sister gets her pad sorted! hopefully by september cos then i can stay for free!

biggrin

p.s. props for the 11'2" custom! i'd love to have a go on that sometime. might be getting a new 9'6" with more volume on the nose soon... ubbrollsmile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
11'2" may sound impressive Dub but I haven't ridden it for about 18 months and was only barely good enough to stand up at best then so will do doubt be a pile of pants now!! biggrin Not that I really care cuz I love falling off...honest!

*hmmm...wonder if I could poi and surf at the same time?*

Ayway, would anyone like a pre-glasto mid June-ish meeting in Falmouth? It doesn't have to be all week or anything for those who are skint, camping for the weekend is dirt cheap and the site it opposite the beach and tent sharing can make it even cheaper if you're willing to put up with a strangers smelly feet! *insert smelly feet emoticon*

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:

Hey bug

I'd be up for a pre-glasto meet in Falmouth. But i could only make it for the weekend as would need time off in the week for glasto. Dont think to bosses would be to happy with me taking lots of time off in june. Not that i really do anything at work anyway but you get the picture.

Surfing and poi?? Well i think you have just set the challenge for the weekend. biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
cool, doesn't have to be immediately before Glasto, wkend of 12th/13th will be cool and I think most uni exams will be done by then too so it''ll be a good way o blow the last of the student loan dosh!!

Spoifing is now officially a new sport beerchug first to do it and get photo evidence wins a big kiss from me kiss and maybe even a pint of their favourite beer too

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Spoifing is now officially a new sport beerchug first to do it and get photo evidence wins a big kiss from me kiss and maybe even a pint of their favourite beer too

Bug, Spoifing has to go in the HoP dictionary!!

As for the first to do it maybe getting a pint of beer, how bout a pint of Vodka instead? ubblolbeerchug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok it's in there Warchild. Pint of voddy may be too much £ for me so beer will have to do...unless the rest of the Falmouth Brigade chip in on our weekend away beerchug

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:

ubblol Like im gonna do it anyway!! im crap at both. But im never afraid to try. biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Oooh spinning in the west country ubbrollsmile can i come and play biggrin

Sumtime in june would be sweet, as we will be back from ireland then, Frodo and Spanna can jump in the wheels and we can all come say hello beerchug

Eezy

Strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
my feet smell, but we can stick them out the bottom of the tent!!

yeah we have a driver. my car will be on the iow, and im not paying 60 quid to get it back!! hehehe.. i rekon i could windsurf and poi!!

ill bring me board!!... argh the wonderful world of skim boarding and poi could go hand in hand!! any sand in falmouth?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im hoping to be down in cornwall for a week from teh 17th - the following sat, so if you wanna make it in those times?

then pls count the mech in!

i can give you references from frodo, im a good boy!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok that's a good enough date fo me. The weekend before Glasto.....nothing better to do......ok I'm gonna stick my neck out here ready for chopping so who fancies making it the weekend of 18th 19th & 20th (Friday - Sunday)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me - writing on forehead now ubbtickled

Frodo - Spanna - Jen - you are being kidnapped for the weekend biggrin

Eezy

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
really.... smile

i will call the company that i havent started to work for yet, and book it off!!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I have exams around then frown lots and lots of evil little A levels mad i dont know exactly when they are so i will update you when i have my timetable but i know i have 3 or 4 over the glasto period, 2 on the friday at least frown

Earlier in june or the weekend of the 10th or the 17th (my 18th bday weekend!! whoot!!) in july would be bestest.

Any other suggestions? biggrin

peace

WarchildBRONZE Member
340 posts

Posted:

Tell me to go stick it where the sun doesn't shine but what about 2 falmouth invasions? 1 in june and 1 in july. I would be up for both but then thats only cos i live pretty close. What do you guys think?

*awaits spank for silly idea*

Page: ...