Page: ......
T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
WE'RE SLACK DON'T BELEAVE ANY ON THIS THREAD (apart from maybe the most recent post)

If you want to meet up with any smelly hippy fire spinners in bristol post something to ask when and where people are meeting up. most people are quite nice and will happily help you or if thats not your thing ask me and i'll abuse you for no reason biggrin

p.s. Normally we meet up on sunday 2:30-5pm at the Student union, Queens Road, Clifton (But this only runs in term time)

Oh yeah b4 you ask no you don't need to be a student

EDITED_BY: T&B (1142525038)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
cool, i'll be in brissle all of july (apart from last week, am at EJC), simon & garthy are around too (i think) & dunno about the rest of peeps.... weavesmiley

Quite looking forward to spinning with everyone hug tonite since the slight post-glasto depression has set in

( ubblove pilton fields ubblove...)

Mike biggrin

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i might pop up to have a spin with you bristol people at some point since bristols not that far away and it was cool meeting you all at glastonbury.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Was a wicked last night in bristol, although i left my staffs a laura's poo!

CB - haven't seen you for time will have to make sure next time we're in bristol we meet up, are you still around over the weekends?

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
nah George lives with me now so that's why I ain't been about. I'll be there sometime soon tho and I'll make sure i post plenty in advance to get you guys out and about! smile

Oli you should come, it's really cool in sunny Brissle and they pretty sheet hot spinners too! T&B could show you some nice staff moves.

That reminds me, Tim I've now ventured into the world of staff/contact and I'm having my lovely new contact staff delivered next week. You'll have to teach me some tings too! ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Oli, CB, and anyone else who wishes to come to bristol...................

I would be a good idea to come up on the 17th and 18th of July cause Ashton Court Festival is on. It costs sod all (around a fiver a day) And is generally alot of fun.

We could get a load of spinners together and play in a big field! weavesmiley
Not sure about fire though?!?

Also they normally have a wicked night on at the Depot after! biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm already there for Ashton court!! YEY!! bounce We're staying with friends in clifton (they live in that square thing by the villiage...victoria gardens?) so we'll be there all weekend

WHOOOT WHOOOT

Who's coming to Ashton then? We had a wicked time last year it's sucha cool festie!

I'll find out about fire allowage wink

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i think that weekend is the weekend im supposed to be being a steward at the glade...

but the woman from wateraid hasnt phoned me back about that yet, so im not sure whats happening.. hmm *mumbles something about bloody women*

we shall see.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
Hey do people still meet up on Wednesdays in Bristol? If so can I come?! And if so...are you scary people who may eat me?!

Caz x

Caz

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!!!
next wednesday is a plan!!!
I´ll finally be back in bristol and as long as elasta´s around I´ll be able to pick up my staffs&snakes.
or does sy have them...
anyone know?
bum.

how was glastonbury psi?

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
yeah, think t&b will be in london and I´m sure we can keep elasta on a leash...

college green is great, cept for that time last year where some drunk randomly rugby tackled me to the ground and tried to nick my staff. hmmm. hehe. not wanting to scare you off or nutin.

cheers,
Ben

So live it.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
they won't eat you unless you ask very nicely ubbangel

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
custom bug: ubblol

Ben, Glasto was loads of biggrin bounce hug ubbtickled & beerchug ,some

juggle and weavesmiley and quite a bit of ubbloco .. wish you had been there - maybe next year ?

How long are you in brissl for ? are you EJC-ing this year ?

[KoB]

> cept for that time last year where some drunk randomly rugby > tackled me to the ground and tried to nick my staff

hmm, yes i remember that one ...

Normally we don't eat people - we just spin & have a lot of fun together .. just when we get a bit hungry then ... wink

Mike biggrin

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
spin?
I´ve never seen any spinning on college green... I thought we all just went there to chill out and have fun...
won´t go in future if it involves any spinnin, way too much effort!!!
teeeheee!!!

So live it.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
oh, and I´m not entirely sure whether I´ll make the EJC, i would love to go and have the means, but don´t have the time- doing a 2week journalism course which ends on the last weekend of the ejc, if it ends on friday afternoon then I´ll mission it up to lille from madrid for the final stint (god knows how, but I´ll fly at lightning speed if i have to!).
If not (I have this horrible suspicion it ends on the same sunday as the EJC) then I´ll meet them at some other point the following week.
What are your plans for afterwards? r u up for going busking w elasta + T&B & whoever else is up for it?

So live it.

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Oh Ben, you *have* to make it to the EJC ! wink

WOuld love to go busking afterwards but am swiftly off back to london to fly out to Santiago and then bus up to Peru for a nice 3 week trekking holiday with Louise ubblove biggrin

then back in bristol in time for the wonderful bristol juggling convention juggle

Mike

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
so! who's still here to meet up on wednesday ? Elasta ? Garthy ? .. went out to town last night (saturday !) and it was *dead* - bristol so relies on students to keep it going .. frown

See everyone soon

Mike biggrin

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
It was probably dead cause everyone was at St. Pauls Carnival.

Went for some loverly Techno At Malcom X centre then the Croft and then on to the black Swan for some more Techno! biggrin Much fun ubbrollsmile

Will be up for a spin on wednesday. I guess alot of students have gone but I guess some are returning back to bristol from uni. Maybe some new spinners will join us?! Caz?

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Mmmm techno @ black swan sounds fun bounce - did you see liz ? let me know if anything's on this weekend/ next few weeks/free parties, cos have nothing to do & well up for partying biggrin

Mike

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Anyone around tonight?!?

Weather looks crap so may not go down! Hoping it will be ok though!

Glade festival tickets on ebay Psi (Mike) if you're up for it?

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i saw those tickets on ebay .. r u going ? am undecided .. would love to go though bounce2 , but it'll be difficult to get tickets for a reasonable price ! ...nooooo the temptation ...

I was going to go down to college green tonite for sure, if weather is crap we can always go to someone's house/pub (&play jungle speed or so ubbloco wink )

Mike

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
BAH! Weather!

Headline:
Very wet and windy weather spreading northwards during the day.

Rest of Today:
Turning very windy with cloud and persistent, sometimes heavy, thundery rain spreading northwards. Strong northeasterly winds reaching gale force in places. Maximum temperature 16 deg C (61 deg F).

Tonight:
Remaining wet and windy. Minimum temperature 11 deg C (52 deg F).

As to the Glade I'm well up for going. If we can get some tickets I'd go. But the weather looks crap.

frown

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
i just went outside and you can hardly stand on your feet, let alone spin .. maybe we ought to cancel spinning tonite and just meet up somewhere ...

As to the Glade I'm well up for going. If we can get some tickets I'd go. wink

Mike biggrin

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
redface Hehe!

I always seem to check the net first even though It would have been much eaiser to stick my head out the window!

I did and you're right. I nearly got blown away. I recon some pretty wierd stalls would be possible into the wind though. biggrin

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
throws could be interesting tho ... wink

so what about tonite then ? Is laura still around ? Liz said she's around & up for meeting up and dunno bout anna, but i think she's around too

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
I belive Laura and Tim are back in Home.

Not sure about anyone else though I Belive Anna is here in Bristol Too.

Twill call you when I've finished work.

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, check out this (following conversation on monday):
https://whiteraven.webpark.sk/

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
grumble grumble, bloody weather grumble grumble.
The one night I'm finally back in bristol and really up for some spinning and chilling out it all goes pear-shaped and pours.
grumble grumble grumble.
going back to bed to sulk some more now.
grumble grumble grumble.

So live it.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Hello

Yep am at home at the moment but am planning to be back in bristol Monday and Tuesday of next week. So I think we should going for abit of a spin on Monday day/night if anyones up for that. Anway i'll get in contact when i know what my plans are more precisly.

17days till EJC biggrin biggrin biggrin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hi I'm new to Poi and spinning and even to this forum.

I live in Stapleton and would like to meet up with some other spinners to try and learn. I bought a book but it confuses me so i'd like to come and meet all you guys and gals.

Gayle.....!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Jeees....I know there's lots of spinners in Brizzle but as soon as I stop being there it seems to explode with even more!!

Page: ......