Forums > Social Chat > playing with poi in newton in the rain

Login/Join to Participate

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
cmon guys, you said be in camperdown park in newtown wednesday night. grnated i was late by an hour( the pub was buissy) but no one was there....so i stood out in the poreing rain all on my owne with 3 friends watching...i got drenched and cold and the gel in my hair turned to slime but i had fun....ill be there next wednesday rain hail or shine....hope you guys are to...hehehe------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Poor Adrian... frownWe took one look at the park and made a beeline for the pub, where we proceeded to bond over a few ales.We'll be there next Wednesday, I promise!Finn smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Awwww, we even went back at 8 to see if anyone was down there as well :/I guess in future meet at the oxford if in doubt :/ I went home after and played in my living room!!!But next wednesday for sure!!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Bummer Adrian...email me at sarah.mctaggart@vodafone.com.au and we can exchange phone numbers.In addition, we post on this BB every week indicating the location of the night's activities. Check back here often.flash

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
We're doing it again this week , Wednesday 7:30, in case of rain, meet at the oxford hotel for "refreshments". Hopefully this week we wont be washed out, normally we play if its overcast, but the rain can be a bummer, as flash suggested, give her ur number and if we arent going to be there we can let u know what the new plans are

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
thanks guys.....till then

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
See you Wednesday Adrian smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
*sigh* once again i spend my whole day today working on what i can try and get better at tomorrow night, only 26 more hours to go!~!Its great that i now have this to look forward to and has helped me so much with my poi and also messing around with staffsCant wait!!!

*GiZmO*member
7 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey peoples,I have heard about this group that meets in Newtown and I will be coming to join in a learn soon, am looking forward to meeting you all. I don't know now if I can make it this week but will try, otherwise will definately be there wihtin the near future. I have an interext mainly in the fire staff and fire breathing/eating, I will also drag along my flatmate who uses fire poi. See you all soon. smileLisa

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Fantastic Lisa. We really look forward to meeting you. It would be great if you could come along tonight, looks like there'll be about 9 fire people there plus a djembe plus some cool tunes.for all to enjoy.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

*GiZmO*member
7 posts

Posted:
hehe, yeah well I will try and get there. I must warn you tho, I have never really done any of this but I just looooooove it all. Have had a small go of my flatmates fire pois but nothing serious, I prefer the fire staff. I have been interested in doing it for a while now tho...have just never had a chance.....hope you don't mind a complete novice turning up, hehehe.Lisa